[Q] A beginner question.

Search This thread
T

TjabbyD

Hello XDA!

So, I've recently gotten into rooting and custom ROMS, kernels etc with my SM-N9005.

And as you might know, this can result in having to take your battery out and in a lot.

And I've noticed that when I first got the phone, there used to be way more "force" from the 4 pins that connects the battery.

So is it a bad thing to take the battery out too much of your phone? I kind of liked the "force", but it's mostly gone now.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hello XDA!

So, I've recently gotten into rooting and custom ROMS, kernels etc with my SM-N9005.

And as you might know, this can result in having to take your battery out and in a lot.

And I've noticed that when I first got the phone, there used to be way more "force" from the 4 pins that connects the battery.

So is it a bad thing to take the battery out too much of your phone? I kind of liked the "force", but it's mostly gone now.

Firstly...
:) why do you need to plug out your battery too much, just for rooting, flashing recovery, and flashing custom ROM ?
My battery still intact on its place since D1, though I've just rooted few weeks back, and do flashing custom ROM quite a lot during these past few weeks, but I never plug out my battery.
So basically, why do you have to do that ?

Basically, everything which is "forced" is always hurt and not good :p if you understand what I mean. hehehe :D
But, so long as your battery now is still working correctly, try not to plug out so many times, unless you really really in need to do that.
And if your reason is flashing custom ROM, no way man. Please follow the instructions on each custom ROM you flashed, for sure, there shouldn't be any step asking you to plug out battery. :)

Cheers.