[Q] Looking to make a simple app

Search This thread

HardOnChairs

May 13, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
I've been through the "Building Your First App" tutorial up to sending text from a textbox to another ViewGroup. I have lots of experience with C++, C#, VB.net and even some PHP/html/css. Almost entirely learned on my own. But man, this stuff is rough. For once I am very intimidated by learning this.

I want to make an app that simply samples the accelerometer values, stores them to an array then does some math with the resulting values. I don't even care to graph it or anything, I just want to do math and display some outputs. A single ViewGroup is fine, nothing fancy.

What kinds of tutorials can I look at to cut to the chase here? How should I be using arrays? How can I create a loop, is there like a timer event or should I just use a while loop? How can I sample the accelerometer?

I'm not entirely sure I want to invest the time required to be proficient at android java, I know that's a lame attitude to have but I actually really need this app and I am thinking it shouldn't be too complicated beyond creating a simple app. So I was hoping to be guided to the particular instructions/tutorials to do these few things.

RahulRao66

Jun 17, 2014
Pune
I suggest you to download my app "ON THE GO APIHELP"........I agree android java is difficult but since you know C++,C#, It may be cakewalk for you.

Also watch the video tutorials on mybringback, thenewboston

I m sure my app wil help you develop apps more quickly after you learn the basics of java .