Time to ditch your Framily!

Search This thread

Blackcircle

I pay $300 a month for 5 phones on the 1500min family unlimited data plan w/ Sprint insurance on 4 phones, extra 200min on one line, 27% discount, free mobile to any mobile and my brother pays me $120 for two phones, should I just stick to the plan I have?

Since you have 5 lines you more than likely do not have a spending limit which makes you eligible for $0 down on EasyPay. In that case, the new plan should run you $100 plus $15 per line (access fee per line) which adds up to $175. If you upgraded every phone on your account with a phone that costs $20/month each, you still be at $275 without your 27% discount so it may be worth it. And remember, you are putting $0 down at time of purchase. Plus for $5/month you can have upgrades every year. Yes you will lose unlimited data but you have a pretty big data bucket to share.

Last edited:

Blackcircle

I'm still on the Everything Data 1500 family plan as well. They let you stay on it if you buy your phones off of sprint.com rather than in a store.

The Unlimited MyWay plan is exactly the same price as the 1500 plan and you get unlimited talk not just 1500 mins. And Sprint just announced the Unlimited plan for $60 today.

Last edited:

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I pay $300 a month for 5 phones on the 1500min family unlimited data plan w/ Sprint insurance on 4 phones, extra 200min on one line, 27% discount, free mobile to any mobile and my brother pays me $120 for two phones, should I just stick to the plan I have?
If the plan is working for you, I would say yes. If you change to the other plan your only getting 20GB of shared data and possibly a extra 2GB. Also, the new plan will add access fees in 2016.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

I've been trying Sprint the last few days. Service is bouncing around too much for me. May be short lived.

Blackcircle

I agree Sprints network is not up to par for everyone right now including me. That said....bad past choices has put sprint in this position. The new owner and CEO seem to be taking an aggressive approach in fixing these issues asap. Reason they push easypay so much is because it gives carriers more capital faster which in this case Sprint needs to improve network faster. Every carrier has the access fees or fees when doing these bargain deals so I don't see where thats an issue. Only issue I see with sprint atm is data speeds when I'm not on WiFi.

asacado

Jun 7, 2013
Ditto!!!.... Wish they still had the good ol SERO plans... Hated getting booted off that .

How do you get booted off SERO? I am on the EMP3000 and getting switched to it come december. From what I have read and been informed by customer service multiple times is it is a plan I can keep and upgrade with as well.

st7

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
I'm on the old Unlimited Family 1500 from back when i got my original EVO with four lines and 24% discount on the first two lines.

Two lines were eligible for an upgrade about a week ago, so I picked up two M8's at Costco for $79.99 (with 2 year agreement) and didn't have to change my plan.

I'm staying on this plan as long as I can. I'm not dealing with paying full price for phones, up front or over 24 months, that in all reality have a useful life span of 2 years, being subject to data throttling / being a lower priority, etc. At the end of the day, the Framly plans would be more expensive for me when you factor in payments for $600 phones.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
This company can't figure out what to do. I'm even more happy that I switched to T-Mobile

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
How do you get booted off SERO? I am on the EMP3000 and getting switched to it come december. From what I have read and been informed by customer service multiple times is it is a plan I can keep and upgrade with as well.
Had to get rid of it back when they initially cut the plan out and I upgraded phones through sprint.... Think it was with the EVO 3d or LTE device... Then after a few months they opened them back up to allow those to stay on them... By that point it was to late for me... Lol

debarron

Mar 1, 2008
Had to get rid of it back when they initially cut the plan out and I upgraded phones through sprint.... Think it was with the EVO 3d or LTE device... Then after a few months they opened them back up to allow those to stay on them... By that point it was to late for me... Lol
It was longer ago than the Evo 3D, it was around the time of the OG Evo. I stuck with WinMo on the TP2 until the SERO premium plan came out. Then I was able to upgrade to my first Android phone, the OG Evo, about 6 months after it was released.

Top Liked Posts