[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
So did anyone already found some dead pixels or subpixels, or yellowspots / stains in the screen.

Let us know here.

Reactions: Efe64

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I have noticed a yellowish tinge at the bottom of the display. Only really notice it when there is a white background. Is it likely that the display is somehow faulty??

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
I have noticed a yellowish tinge at the bottom of the display. Only really notice it when there is a white background. Is it likely that the display is somehow faulty??

I have the exact same, a yellowish spot in the bottom right corner.
I hoped it was the same problem as the iphone or SGS2.

They say the yellowspot is from the glue that they use to stick the screenlayers together, but it needs time to vaporise and should go away over time.
But I have my phone now almost a week and i still get the spot back now and then.

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
+1.
I've the same problem. I checked with service centre and they say it's software issues, which I can't believe.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Lol software problem :')
Sounds like bull**** to me.

I had contact with T-Mobile today, about the dead pixel and yellowspot.
The guy told me he's going to get information for me, and see if they can replace it. he'll send me an email later.

GiveMe2Beers

Nov 16, 2011
Same hear.

Barely visible yellowish (only on whites) at the bottom part of the screen.

It varies depending on the view angle.

ianford10

May 22, 2010
Just noticed that my screen keeps flickering, this is more noticeable on white backgrounds, is this normal as in the auto brightness or should I be worried?

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

GiveMe2Beers

Nov 16, 2011
Hi guys just wanna update you regarding screen issues.

I've spoken with people on the forum of my country, other 2 guys with Xperia S and both of them got that really barely visible yellow tint on the bottom part of the screen (also, one of these guys has 2 Xperia S -him and his brother- and both of them have that tint).

Really difficult to explain it on forums (nothing compared to the GS2 yellow tint) because it's really hard to see and only visible on white/clear colors uniform backgrounds, but according to what I'm seeing it's a common issue, not a problem of a single faulty unit.

taxas

Apr 4, 2011
Got a blue/whiteisch pixel to the top right of my screen :(

They said i need to have more then 3 to get a new phone :/`

Can i fix this ?

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi guys just wanna update you regarding screen issues.

I've spoken with people on the forum of my country, other 2 guys with Xperia S and both of them got that really barely visible yellow tint on the bottom part of the screen (also, one of these guys has 2 Xperia S -him and his brother- and both of them have that tint).

Really difficult to explain it on forums (nothing compared to the GS2 yellow tint) because it's really hard to see and only visible on white/clear colors uniform backgrounds, but according to what I'm seeing it's a common issue, not a problem of a single faulty unit.

I have the problem too. I called technical team dept from where i bought the phone, and they asked me to do a screen test over the phone. I tap the screen it shows all white, tap again red, green etc etc. He asked me if i could see a yellowish tinge running across the bottom of the display when these colours appeared on the display which i couldn't to be honest. I took it back to the shop, and i dont know if it has to do with the bright lighting within the store, but it didn't show up hardly at all, barely noticeable. It seems less noticeable in a well lit environment, or outside as opposed to when i am at home where it i notice it more. It is midly annoying, but this shouldn't be the case.

Can anyone throw any light as to what this could be??

Thanks

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
I have the problem too. I called technical team dept from where i bought the phone, and they asked me to do a screen test over the phone. I tap the screen it shows all white, tap again red, green etc etc. He asked me if i could see a yellowish tinge running across the bottom of the display when these colours appeared on the display which i couldn't to be honest. I took it back to the shop, and i dont know if it has to do with the bright lighting within the store, but it didn't show up hardly at all, barely noticeable. It seems less noticeable in a well lit environment, or outside as opposed to when i am at home where it i notice it more. It is midly annoying, but this shouldn't be the case.

Can anyone throw any light as to what this could be??

Thanks

I believe that yellowish tint has something to do with warmth from the screen or the battery or the screen staying on for a longer time or something or something.
because when I'm using it alot, playing games, browsing, whatsapp etc etc. for like an hour. It gets more visible.
And then it's from "barely noticeable" to "hard to miss"
I can clearly see it on Grey (notification slide down) or Blue (startscreen DrawSomething) or White.

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I can clearly see it on Grey (notification slide down) or Blue (startscreen DrawSomething) or White.

Same here. Interesting what you say. I would still like to know where the consumer stands on this issue, and if Sony themselves would recogonise if this is a somehow a fault with the display. My Arc had no such problems.

attika89

Mar 15, 2012
Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I was reading the threads on the S from the start.

Reading through the screen problems I was thinking about the following:
The Xperia S's screen is glued- as I know -, like for example the iPhone4/4s'. Some i4 users noticed this yellowish tint as well, and they've came to a conclusion it was because of the glue what was used to put the screens together and it disappeared after about 1,5-2 weeks.
This could explain the reaction to temperature differences too.
:confused:

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I was reading the threads on the S from the start.

Reading through the screen problems I was thinking about the following:
The Xperia S's screen is glued- as I know -, like for example the iPhone4/4s'. Some i4 users noticed this yellowish tint as well, and they've came to a conclusion it was because of the glue what was used to put the screens together and it disappeared after about 1,5-2 weeks.
This could explain the reaction to temperature differences too.
:confused:
Yes that could explain it. Was it a different process for the Arc do you know? As i said in a earlier post i had never come across this with that phone. Not sure if i try and change my Xperia S to another that i could end up with one that's worse than the one i have. May sit it out a bit longer to see if it improves as you say attika.

attika89

Mar 15, 2012
Yes that could explain it. Was it a different process for the Arc do you know? As i said in a earlier post i had never come across this with that phone. Not sure if i try and change my Xperia S to another that i could end up with one that's worse than the one i have. May sit it out a bit longer to see if it improves as you say attika.

I can't link the article, but in what I've found it says the Arc's screen is glued as well...I don't know then...maybe different glue :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.