Newbie questions on Flashtool

Search This thread

viral1991

Jan 24, 2012
Having searched for this and moving through the official flashtool site, there still seems to be some confusion so here are some questions :

1. The rooting procedure for neo V ics locked bootloader instructs to flash a different kernel. So, is this possible without rooting, through flashtool?

2. Can we downgrade to stock gb from stock ics without rooting?

3. All flashtool instructions are in the X10 forums, which says that the instructions should be fine with the Neo too. So, is it okay with the Neo V too?

Regards,

Viral

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
1. Yes,
2. Yes, but don't go below Android 2.3.3 or even 2.3.4, (only for Neo, since Neo V, is not that old)
3. Yes.

Reactions: viral1991

viral1991

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks a lot. So, in general, flashing stock ROMs & kernels doesn't require root. while even flashing hybrid ROMs requires root, right? :)

Also, have long should a typical flashing procedure take? If by chance, the USB gets disconnected mid-way & the phone gets bricked, will it be recoverable? :)

Thanks.

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
So, in general, flashing stock ROMs & kernels doesn't require root.
Correct.

while even flashing hybrid ROMs requires root, right? :)
Correct, actually it requires CWM recovery, which you can't install without root, so :)

Also, have long should a typical flashing procedure take? If by chance, the USB gets disconnected mid-way & the phone gets bricked, will it be recoverable? :)
flashing is done in 2,3 minutes.
Please make sure that USB is in safe position. Most of the problems of failed flash can be solved by flashing it again, while some can be solved by paying someone to fix it with SETool box.
I didn't hear someone bricked it so much that not even setool box can't fix it.

anw, try not to disconnect usb :)
Good luck.

Reactions: viral1991

lenovoOwner

Nov 3, 2013
Selection in the Smart Phone Flash Toll

Placed this question in the Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

When I make the Scatter-loading I get a selection of files. Witch files are I allowed to exclude/ or do I have to include?
  • Preloader
  • MBR
  • EBR1
  • UBOOT
  • BOOTIMG
  • RECOVERY
  • SEC_RO
  • LOGO
  • EBR2
  • ANDROID
  • CHACKE
  • USRDATA
  • FAT

I wanted to flash another recovery (From another ROM for this phone (Had a Chinese boot-loader))
with MobileUncle MKT Tools.
When I like to flash another recovery do I have to flash the preloder too? or why I ended up in a bootloop?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Yes,
    2. Yes, but don't go below Android 2.3.3 or even 2.3.4, (only for Neo, since Neo V, is not that old)
    3. Yes.
    So, in general, flashing stock ROMs & kernels doesn't require root.
    Correct.

while even flashing hybrid ROMs requires root, right? :)
    Correct, actually it requires CWM recovery, which you can't install without root, so :)

flashing is done in 2,3 minutes.
    Please make sure that USB is in safe position. Most of the problems of failed flash can be solved by flashing it again, while some can be solved by paying someone to fix it with SETool box.
    I didn't hear someone bricked it so much that not even setool box can't fix it.

anw, try not to disconnect usb :)
    Good luck.