[OFF-TOPIC] Galaxy SII Hangout Thread

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hi guys, I'm new to this part of the forum coming from a Desire S.

The Desire S forum was a really nice place to be, so I decided to set up an OFF-TOPIC thread. It turned out very well, and is a great place where I made friends and learned tips and advice for both my device and other things in life. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611085

I would like to try it here. I hope this thread will also help to cut down the number of OT post in other threads. (as it has done it the Desire S forum)

Basically, this thread serves as a place for any discussion, for fellow GSII users to hangout! Feel free to talk about anything!

So let's go! How about we start by introducing ourselves? :p

baghy

Dec 29, 2010
our s2 is still a high end(ish) device , no need to buy anorher phone like gn or hox/s

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Great idea...Oly, good to to see you're up to your good work else where....let's hope this bunch appreciate it as much as I know we do/did.

Sywepd form my DsereiS

Thanks a lot Ben, much appreciated! I want to thank all of you guys too, my DS experience wouldn't have been the same without you guys! (Especially you for helping me during the early days of VoidU and Hyperion!)

I will still always be part of the DS forum :D

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

anshmiester78900

Dec 17, 2010
Noida
Guys does anyone knows what is responsible for this much battery drain . i mean what is this network process ?

Attachments

• 249465_4725961864435_1095133742_n.jpg
    249465_4725961864435_1095133742_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 880

loop4444

Hello there,

Nice to see thread like this.

our s2 is still a high end(ish) device , no need to buy anorher phone like gn or hox/s

hmmm. well, tbh, not that much high-end anymore. but mid-high,yes,yes indeed.
The only thing i cld complain really at this point is the screen (just resolution, not colours, viewing angles or anything else)
The gpu is still a beast, you can see that if Sammy choose to put same GPU in s3 which is high-end device.
CPU,very nice indeed, no need to talk about chipset anyway, its gonna hold well for solid ammount of time to come.

Anyway. Im 25yo Croatian male, nice to meet you all fellow XDA members.
Cheers

Reactions: olyloh6696

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Perfect thread to talk about what happened to my phone this morning.

So I'm usually not the guy that charges his phone overnight and takes it off the charger the next morning, cuz I get paranoid something is gonna happen.

Well I fell asleep last night while the phone was on the charger. When I picked up my phone this morning it was FREAKIN HOT (I mean hotter then it has ever gotten before) and the battery was drained pretty low.

Turned out that my AC adapter went defective overnight and fortunately I had a different AC handy to replace and troubleshoot.

Crazy thing is that everybody else I know charges their phone overnight too. IDK maybe it's just me *sigh* lol...

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Perfect thread to talk about what happened to my phone this morning.

So I'm usually not the guy that charges his phone overnight and takes it off the charger the next morning, cuz I get paranoid something is gonna happen.

Well I fell asleep last night while the phone was on the charger. When I picked up my phone this morning it was FREAKIN HOT (I mean hotter then it has ever gotten before) and the battery was drained pretty low.

Turned out that my AC adapter went defective overnight and fortunately I had a different AC handy to replace and troubleshoot.

Crazy thing is that everybody else I know charges their phone overnight too. IDK maybe it's just me *sigh* lol...

I too charge my phone over night and don't experience that problem. Although, once it did happen to me when I had my xperia ray(never Sony again), but that was due to keeping it under my pillow all night while charging.

Did u have yours under your pillow while it was charging?:what:

Sent from my sexy Galaxy SII

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
A quick question to you guys:

On average how much screen on like do you manage on your phone with around medium brightness?

I'm getting just over 3 hours, but I'm wondering if I should be getting more. My battery is 1 year old already, so it may have already lost its full capacity.

I'm also swaying between the Anker 1900mah and Official 2000mah. Ideally i'd like to keep the same battery cover.

Any thoughts?

ennis911

Sep 18, 2007
Madrid
Hi guys,

This is my first post here in XDA. I'm a noob or, what sometimes is the same, a demon or something...The funny thing is that i've been a member for a long time (2007) but having nothing to say, just read...so it'd be kinda odd if someone's call me noob...hahahhaha

Being using a Galaxy S2 for a year and I think is one of the best smartphones ever made. Even a year later remains one of the most powerful...and with CM10 I'm happier of having it...

I've read a lot of threads and discussions, and it's nice to read and write in a thread like this.

Thank you so much olyloh6696.

Greetings from Madrid.

Sorry for my english..

Reactions: olyloh6696

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
Hi guys.....any problems that might pop out I will try and solve although i am not as active as I used to....

....an 18 year old from Malta...happy to meet you all.

ashzoomerintrack

Jan 24, 2012
Pune
Great thread. :)

Well I too keep my phone charging overnight. Ok from this does anyone know is it possible to keep phone in aeroplane mode yet access wifi? An app or tasker script would really help. I want to stay connected to wifi so as to be able to download stuff overnight.

Sent from my GT I-9100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I'm new to this part of the forum coming from a Desire S.

The Desire S forum was a really nice place to be, so I decided to set up an OFF-TOPIC thread. It turned out very well, and is a great place where I made friends and learned tips and advice for both my device and other things in life. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611085

I would like to try it here. I hope this thread will also help to cut down the number of OT post in other threads. (as it has done it the Desire S forum)

Basically, this thread serves as a place for any discussion, for fellow GSII users to hangout! Feel free to talk about anything!

So let's go! How about we start by introducing ourselves? :p
    Soon this thread will be close. Why? Please read HERE.

No. That is forum specific mod's decision. I don't think this thread is used for spamming and stuff, the one which was being used has been closed already

After 6 months using my beast galaxy s2...
    When I see these new power packed handsets, tablets, those awesome displays, fastest processors.... I want to have them in my hands..
    BUT

When i look back to my s2 (without case) with a little more brightness than average.. at some angles... I move it around... I cherish it... I love it more and more...and then i say to myself

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING SMARTER AND SEXIER THAN MY THIS LOVELY BEAST...

Never gonna leave it...:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Is anyone else disappointed with the xda premium app? Its forever crashing and I can't remember the last update it had. Why oh why won't they implement a 'search in thread' button and a dark theme. I find myself using tapatalk all the time

Sent from my I9100 using the latest cm10 nightly

Same! Stopped using XDA app after a while in favour of tapatalk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2