Is it possible to downgrade from jellybean back to ics

Search This thread

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
ok i reflashed to generic UK 4.0.4 with no problem at all.Everything went perfect !

Just some photos i had before reflashing remained in albums folder.. I though flashing with flash tool erases everything .:confused:

Also if i want to go back to JB what should i use ? flash tool again? or flash it with sony programs;

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
ok i reflashed to generic UK 4.0.4 with no problem at all.Everything went perfect !

Just some photos i had before reflashing remained in albums folder.. I though flashing with flash tool erases everything .:confused:

Also if i want to go back to JB what should i use ? flash tool again? or flash it with sony programs;

It does not touch your sd cards at all, to go back to JB just use pccompanion.....you seem to be going round and round in circles...what exactly do you want to do?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Do you mean my phones internal sd card?
I didn't install any extra micro sd to the phones slot..

Flashtool does not touch any of your sd cards, internal or external.

Again, please tell me what you are trying to achieve with this process as you seem to be wanting to go to ICS then back to JB, why didnt you just stay on your official JB ROM?

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
Flashtool does not touch any of your sd cards, internal or external.

Again, please tell me what you are trying to achieve with this process as you seem to be wanting to go to ICS then back to JB, why didnt you just stay on your official JB ROM?

I just want to test the battery managent in both roms. I think that with 303 is a bit better and battery drains less than JB.

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Hi people, just thought that I would give you a update.
Gone back to ICS, battery seems much better, not really missing anything to be honest , going to wait for the next update that would have some bug fixes. I'm sure that it will be sorted.

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
Hi people, just thought that I would give you a update.
Gone back to ICS, battery seems much better, not really missing anything to be honest , going to wait for the next update that would have some bug fixes. I'm sure that it will be sorted.

Couldn't agree more! I woke up this morning with 91% of battery ! I left it fully charged 100% before sleep!
9% loss for nothing? Even battery management was enabled!

merseyman

Jan 6, 2013
People must be leaving too many app's running with wifi on etc,

7 hours kip and my battery lost..................................1%

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Not at all mate, I'm very very careful with that sort if thing.
The jellybean update was rushed let's face it. Sony felt like they had to keep up with the demand and we all rushed like chickens for dinner to get it. I won't be updating back to jelly unless there is a major changelog of bug fixes.
Battery working very well now and I'm happy foe the moment.

Lonzo_SGS2_506

Jan 6, 2012
San Jose
Dude these are the same problems that we have on the sgs2... jellybean is a battery killer.. period. No matter the device u have. Even custom roms have it as well .. in a minor level perhaps but it still there...
Im around here because am thinking to move from s2 to xperia T .. I love rooting sh^t but I feel like nowadays original roms are way better and have most of the custom roms functions making them more complete and fun than before. And for those who care about battery life...should get a monocromatic nokia or something.. lowering brightness, turning off everything will make ur smartphone dump. Get a charger at the office or buy one portable.. anyway.

Checking the xperia t I see it is hell of a good device in almost every item I have seen, so although there is no development like in the s2 I think am gonna move to it.. dont know maybe the next jb update kick @$$.. :D

Sent from SGS2 M○nst@

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Yeah the T is a awesome phone mate, works very very well, jellybean was a bit of a disaster with bugs mind, would be good to have another cook on board.

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
Have to admit jelly bean is buggy at the moment, I'm back on ics :) but the Xperia t is a great phone and I'm sure Sony will fix the jelly firmware.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

After of a 3 days experience with ics 303 my battery stands for about 2 days with mid usage... :D Not even close with jb !!!:eek:
I m now very happy with 303 .its very quick and saves a lot of battery!

I'm not going back to jb unless they release a major update with a lot of bug fixes including battery drain issue .. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonzo_SGS2_506

del1701

After of a 3 days experience with ics 303 my battery stands for about 2 days with mid usage... :D Not even close with jb !!!:eek:
I m now very happy with 303 .its very quick and saves a lot of battery!

I'm not going back to jb unless they release a major update with a lot of bug fixes including battery drain issue .. :good:

Yep, same here ;)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Yep I'm very happy as well don't mind me asking what regions is. 303 firmware.
I'm using UK generic. 233 is this a update that I should have done?
Thanks
Chris.

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
Yep I'm very happy as well don't mind me asking what regions is. 303 firmware.
I'm using UK generic. 233 is this a update that I should have done?
Thanks
Chris.

I am using uk generic 303 as well! As long 303 works perfect you don't need to update.i am not going to update to 233.
I ll stick to 303.
The reason is that I don't trust extended battery feature or whatever it's called..

Last edited:

Alex Slane

Sep 4, 2007
Cardiff
www.quantize.co.uk
Dude these are the same problems that we have on the sgs2... jellybean is a battery killer.. period. No matter the device u have. Even custom roms have it as well .. in a minor level perhaps but it still there...
Im around here because am thinking to move from s2 to xperia T .. I love rooting sh^t but I feel like nowadays original roms are way better and have most of the custom roms functions making them more complete and fun than before. And for those who care about battery life...should get a monocromatic nokia or something.. lowering brightness, turning off everything will make ur smartphone dump. Get a charger at the office or buy one portable.. anyway.

Checking the xperia t I see it is hell of a good device in almost every item I have seen, so although there is no development like in the s2 I think am gonna move to it.. dont know maybe the next jb update kick @$$.. :D

Sent from SGS2 M○nst@

Well hopefully as you say the next jellybean update will rock. Go for it mate the phone is simply spanking. Camera is a outstanding piece of kit.
I know what you where saying about battery buy when your having to charge 2 times a day that's a bit of a piss take ain't it.

Lonzo_SGS2_506

Jan 6, 2012
San Jose
Well hopefully as you say the next jellybean update will rock. Go for it mate the phone is simply spanking. Camera is a outstanding piece of kit.
I know what you where saying about battery buy when your having to charge 2 times a day that's a bit of a piss take ain't it.

Yeah tell me about it man... I miss those ICS or even GB days when battery was pretty decent.. :( well thanks for recomending me the xperia T bro. I think am gonna get it in a couple of months maybe 1.. if that so
. Ill be here soon.. and permanently :D

Regards.

Sent from SGS2 M○nst@

profchaos1981

Feb 6, 2013
Ok and there is the proof 2 days and 8 hours 16% with light to mid use.. Flashed with 303 uk generic. Couldn't expect more! :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 122

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jb needs update asap... Just visit Sony forums. Tons of complains and bugs with jb . The Walkman bug is very common!!!!
    Who are we kidding???
    In my experience when I used jb battery dropped from 100% to 90 in less than an hour by doing Nothing!!
    With ics battery drops really slow.
    I know camera improved in jb bu I can live with that..
    I can't live with the unexplained battery drain though.. It's very annoying.
    i had the same dilema as you to downgrade to 4.0.4...
    I noticed today that the phone drains 4 to 8 % battery in standby mode over the night.. i havent noticed something like this in 4.0.4 .
    I think the battery management was better.

Anyway i will follow your suggestion to wait a few days to level the situation .

I updated with mac bridge . What is the best method if i decide to downgrade ?
    I need a clean install method .Format everything and clean install the rom i decide to install.
    Flash a stock ICS ftf in flashtool
    Also does the repair option in pc companion or bridge does a clean install;
    Thank you :eek:

Yes.
    thank you so much for your quick reply!
    so if i got it right the repair option performs a clean install to the existing rom ..In my case it will reinstall JB 4.1.2
    No, it will install the latest version for you phone/region. It may be ICS or it may be JB, depending if it has been released for you.
    If i choose the flash tool i will choose the rom i want .. So do i get it right?
    yes
    And if so where can i download the original 4.0.4 rom ? thank you again for your help!
    Look in the All in one thread. Its the first thread in the Q&A section and has all available ftf files in post 3.
    Sorry a better screen for you.

Could I up grade it to 4.4 with custom rom if so how would I do this

Flash JB 4.1 ftf,
    Root using Doomlords Rooting Toolkit,
    Backup TA (very important)
    Unlock Bootloader
    Fastboot OmniROM kernel
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash Omni zip.
    Enjoy! :D

If there are any questions concerning these steps, just ask Google for help bro. :)

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.