[App][2.3+] Weather Now - local weather, widgets, forecast, live wallpaper

Search This thread

exisapps

Feb 18, 2012
hamsterbeat.com
Bring your weather experience to the next level with the most beautiful and convenient weather app, ever.

Weather Now is a fabulous combination of weather live wallpaper, which animates local weather, time of day and season on ANY custom background, and a set of beautiful weather widgets!

Based on an original idea, Weather Now lets you pick image from your gallery (or use one of embedded images) and put animation of your current weather right over it on your home screen. Easy-to-setup, customizable and beautiful weather widgets will also bring you all local weather info you need, including detailed weather conditions and 5-days forecast.

Gorgeous Weather Live Wallpaper
★ Local or custom weather animations over any image from your gallery
★ Animated sun, moon, rain, snow, stars, clouds, lightning, fog and frost
★ Stunning weather effects like raindrops or snowflakes on screen
★ Time of day, seasons and color animations
★ Cool color effects and photo filters like winter, spring, summer, autumn, sepia, b&w and neon
★ Manual control of brightness, contrast, saturation and hue
★ Embedded image gallery
★ Slideshow
★ Special 3D panoramic mode
★ Easy-to-use settings with interactive preview
★ Daydream support
★ More features inside!

Beautiful Weather Widgets
★ Customizable backgrounds, colors and fonts
★ Customizable units, formats and application shortcuts
★ Home screen and lock screen layouts
★ Easy-to-use settings with interactive preview
★ Customizable weather update interval
★ Several different weather providers (including AccuWeather and Weather Underground)

Weather forecast
★ Current weather conditions, RealFeel, high and low temp
★ Today, tonight and tomorrow predictions
★ Humidity, Pressure, Precipitation, UV, Wind Speed and Direction information
★ Sunset and Sunrise information
★ 5-days forecast

All weather effects can be tuned for your taste. Clouds, snow and rain depend on current wind speed and direction. Moon shows actual moon phase.

You can choose between real weather conditions or pick whatever you want right now. You can easily create your own live wallpapers such as snowfalls, rainstorms, lightning storms, frosted windows, rainy screens, sunny days with delighted sun-rays and so on.

All effects and animations can be applied to ANY image from your gallery, whether it is a real photo or your favorite wallpaper. Full HD ready, no quality loss!

Weather Now works well on both phone and tablet devices, uses low system resources and conserves your battery life!

Available on Google Play for just $2.99!

Attachments

• 512x512_winter_v2.jpg
    512x512_winter_v2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 583
  • device-2013-12-11-051726.jpg
    device-2013-12-11-051726.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 663
  • device-2013-12-11-050722.jpg
    device-2013-12-11-050722.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 625
  • device-2013-12-11-050918.jpg
    device-2013-12-11-050918.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Bought it, nice. "?" for weather icon when "cloudy"?

Developer responded immediately. Update coming later tonight. Nice app, accurate data, smooth transitions.
Sent from my C6506 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: exisapps

exisapps

Feb 18, 2012
hamsterbeat.com
What's up guys? We're constantly working on weekly updates, your suggestions are always welcome.

Current weekly update will include:
  • Boldify hours style for Widget (JellyBean 4.2)
  • Lockscreen Widgets support
  • Option to control Widget's clock action
  • Improved performance and appearance of lightning animation
  • Option to control sun saturation

You can get Weather Screen on Google Play here!

exisapps

Feb 18, 2012
hamsterbeat.com
Current weekly update!

• Fixed occasional sun disappearing problems
  • Minor UI fixes (including icon for tablets)
  • Removed SD support (widgets not working when installed on SD)
  • Bold hours clock fonts
  • New Clock only widget
  • Lock Screen widgets (Android 4.2+ only)
  • Customizable Clock app
  • Option to control sun saturation (from white to colorful)
  • Various fixes and improvements

You can get Weather Screen on Google Play here!

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Hello, it could be nice to be able to use multiple pictures, and have it changed depending on the weather (and still keeping your weather animation)

for example, the ASUS tree wallpaper have multiple versions, it could be cool to be able to uses them and put your effects on top.

Regards

dunjamon

Nov 15, 2010
Manchester
I don't really use live wallpapers...but love this one!

Quick question...how does the battery setting work? I have set it at 0% and I can't see any difference from having it at default.

GRAVITY-7

Aug 9, 2013
Mercury
Battery backup

I like using live wallpapers due to bat3 drainage. But i had 2 giv dis a shot and its cool though i'll suggest in making it lighter to save Ram space and minise battery usage.

Hotbread

Jul 3, 2013
@exisapps

Hey! Just what I'm looking for.

I have a suggestion that would make this a much better widget.
It seems like you have already implemented local relative day/night, weather and seasonal effects.

BUT... What would make this a sure winner would be to implement a holiday season conscious widget.

For example, I'm posting this in October, so naturally I'm in the Halloween spirit.... Wouldn't it be nice if I turn on my phone and it greets me with a Halloween themed live wallpaper... Or... Just a set of static wallpapers that I specify. And... would be even BETTER if it CYCLES the images every hour or some configurable interval.
All these themed background/wallpaper would then be filtered over by your day/night effect and also weather.

You can even go off Google's calendar dates for holidays.
Maybe big holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas deserves a MONTH long theme and smaller holidays would span just that day... or a weekend holiday would only last 3 days.(Friday, Saturday, Monday) These day counts would coincide with people's work schedule... I know I get Labor day off, which is usually glued to a weekend.

If there is no specific holiday, then it can simply fall back to your current "generic season" background. No harm, no foul.

All of these should be configurable options, of course.

It's little automations like these that would put people into the festive spirits.

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

exisapps

Feb 18, 2012
hamsterbeat.com
Weather Now 3.4
★ New widget layouts, backgrounds, colors and fonts
★ New weather icons
★ Battery, alarm clock and wind on some widgets
★ Improved automatic location
★ Fixed widget update issues
★ Added more backgrounds into gallery

This is how it look like!

Attachments

• device-2014-06-15-025217.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-025217.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 199
  • device-2014-06-15-025308.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-025308.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 190
  • device-2014-06-15-025908.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-025908.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 186
  • device-2014-06-15-030453.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-030453.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 186
  • device-2014-06-15-035332.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-035332.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 178
  • device-2014-06-15-040934.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-040934.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 174
  • device-2014-06-15-040955.jpg
    device-2014-06-15-040955.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Hello, is it possible to allow the user to define different wallpapers based on weather or time? For example, I have three nearly identical wallpapers, but one is at night and another have snow on the ground instead of grass, it could be nice to take advantage of that :)

Regards

woozie.2007

Oct 16, 2008
Sure

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Free mobile app

i sent you an e-mail, here a pm, but you dont answer...i bought this app weather now, and i want to ask you, why the battery its draining more than before. I see a google service, nlpcollector have a big consumption. Do you know why, or what can i do? thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Developer responded immediately. Update coming later tonight. Nice app, accurate data, smooth transitions.

Thanks, cloudy icon fixed, update is available. Was a little sleepy yesterday :)
    @exisapps

Hey! Just what I'm looking for.

I have a suggestion that would make this a much better widget.
    It seems like you have already implemented local relative day/night, weather and seasonal effects.

BUT... What would make this a sure winner would be to implement a holiday season conscious widget.

For example, I'm posting this in October, so naturally I'm in the Halloween spirit.... Wouldn't it be nice if I turn on my phone and it greets me with a Halloween themed live wallpaper... Or... Just a set of static wallpapers that I specify. And... would be even BETTER if it CYCLES the images every hour or some configurable interval.
    All these themed background/wallpaper would then be filtered over by your day/night effect and also weather.

You can even go off Google's calendar dates for holidays.
    Maybe big holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas deserves a MONTH long theme and smaller holidays would span just that day... or a weekend holiday would only last 3 days.(Friday, Saturday, Monday) These day counts would coincide with people's work schedule... I know I get Labor day off, which is usually glued to a weekend.

If there is no specific holiday, then it can simply fall back to your current "generic season" background. No harm, no foul.

All of these should be configurable options, of course.

It's little automations like these that would put people into the festive spirits.
    Seems nice, I'll give it a go !