Z1s KitKat Official

Search This thread

raventothepowerofpi

Jul 6, 2013
The Sony Xperia Z1s T-Mobile phone will be getting the 4.4.2 KitKat update according to Sony support member Lidia.
Screenshot_2014-04-05-18-02-15.png
:D

Reactions: jbr05ki

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Good to see someone confirm it, I never doubted it'd be released for us though. I'm sure it'll take time. I feel bad for the Xperia Z owners on T-Mobile who almost got 4.3 and then it was pulled, I hope they get their update soon. It would help the Sony name here in the US. It not getting updates would hurt them.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
I would say it would get leasted in 3 to 4 months

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Hoping it enables Google wallet. 4.4 is supposed to not use the secure element any more. Woot.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Good to see someone confirm it, I never doubted it'd be released for us though. I'm sure it'll take time. I feel bad for the Xperia Z owners on T-Mobile who almost got 4.3 and then it was pulled, I hope they get their update soon. It would help the Sony name here in the US. It not getting updates would hurt them.

Those users can flash their international unlocked counterpart i think, they just lose the wifi calling, i wonder if they can flash kitkat though

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

T-Mobile gonna drag this update a month or two.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, i hope the root will be the same since the exploit wasn't out for even jelly bean yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My z1s says bootloader unlock allowed: yes
    Does that mean I can unlock my bootloader now?

Yes can you get a picture of it.
    I have a made a z1s-rooted-stock-deodex -rom.
    I will test it for a week to make sure it all good.
    I'm also going to try to make a rooted-ftf.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium
    Pssh. I'm fine with waiting. My Z1s is working just fine. No bugs, glitches or problems of any kind. I'd rather they take the time to sort out bugs then push out a broken update. Then everyone pissing and moaning about the update taking so long will be right back pissing and moaning about how Sony and/or T-Mobile can push out a crappy update that borked your device.

Chill out. The update is coming.
    I'm hammering out tweets to John, T Mobile, T Mobile USA, TmoNews, Sony, Sony Xperia, Sony Xperia Developers, and several Android Blogs in the hopes that this will start to garner some attention. I realize you cant FORCE a company to do anything in a time period other than their own, however i think part of t-mobiles commitment to be the "un-carrier" should include more transparency, and less patronizing pre-typed form letter responses about what their "policy on updates" is.

The final straw for me, was seeing that the Xperia Z got a maintenence update and yet they remain entirely mute about the status of the 4.4 update. Part of me believes that whatever bugs were identified in the international release and the subsequent bug fixes being rolled out to squash those could be what the delay is, at least thats what I want to believe - and I feel WE deserve to hear from T-Mobile.

I could see if this was a typical carrier situation here, but we aren't buying phones with a 2 year commitment here at a subsidized price with tmobile footing the lions share of the cost of the device, we are buying devices outright and paying installments for them for the full retail price, unless we elect to upgrade in advance Thatd been like me buying my car and the bank telling me "you can't tint your windows, or upgrade your ECU" (in fairness Audi does frown upon it and it will void your warranty but they dont KEEP you from it)

I feel that more than ANYTHING is deserving of our option to unlock the bootloader on OUR device that we bought full and clear if we so choose. Beyond that, I think when you are paying closer to 6 or 700 dollars for a device (over time) than you are to paying 99 or 299.99 on contract, up front your entitled to more information and more transparency from your company.

I think any Z1s owner that feels inspired to do the same should make a tweeting fool out of themselves, if it works excellent, if it doesnt that's okay too, at least you stood up for a cause.

full disclosure : i dont even hardly USE the z1s anymore, Ive since replaced it with a G-Flex (which has ALREADY gotten its 4.4 update), but I still have the Sony and use it for Photos/Videos, and I feel just as insulted and blown off as anybody who uses it as their daily driver. I burned through two devices in the early days of the Root Bounty in an effort to try all methods at achieving root -- so I'm rightfully very passionate on this subject.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

my tweet: @JohnLegere @TmobileHelp @Tmobile you update your outdated Z phone w/a maintenence update and still ZERO about ur flagship z1s

here's my first response from tmobile : Thanks for reaching out, @codemanJ, we can assure you that when we have info on those updates, it'll be here: http://t-mo.co/1cFNqNG ^LL

my reply @TmobileHelp are you serious??? Did you even read my message?? This is the form-letter nonsense that we are all tired of!!

tmobile : @codemanJ We are giving you what is available, the full extent of what we have available to give you. Not a form letter at all :( ^LL

the kicker -- in the link they give for more information, theres a post about the 4.4 update and one of their "experts" replies back with a link to the Sony Xperia Z update page for all information about the Z1s' updates....#smh
    Considering the build number on the Z1's most recent update, I'm being led to believe that this is a 4.4.4 release.