[ROM] Nebulae v1.1 (WWE Éclair 2.1) :: 04/10/2010

Search This thread

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
Finally found the time to properly update this ROM with the latest version (v3.32.405.2) and added/removed a few things. Probably nobody uses this anymore but it's here anyways.

Check the first page/posts for more information.

niar

Dec 15, 2006
Finally found the time to properly update this ROM with the latest version (v3.32.405.2) and added/removed a few things. Probably nobody uses this anymore but it's here anyways.

Check the first page/posts for more information.

cleaned and updated 2.1 - interesting
you wrote about kernel in changelog - do you use Flykernel 11 for that rom?

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
Not yet but I will when I get the time to take it for a spin. I'm just assuming it works, there's nothing pointing that it won't...

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
I really want to install this Rom, is there a chance to add a few widgets from Legend, like friendstream, mail!
It's not that easy to add those. I've researched a lot about it cause I'm also interested in Friendstream and few other perks of the Legend ROM (like the news reader and text selection and copy/paste in the browser) but I couldn't find anything helpful.

Most ROM developers have this problem too and it seems only TeamVillain was able to do it. It would be awesome if they could share their knowledge on this...

cyberon

Jan 4, 2010
Google Pixel
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It's not that easy to add those. I've researched a lot about it cause I'm also interested in Friendstream and few other perks of the Legend ROM (like the news reader and text selection and copy/paste in the browser) but I couldn't find anything helpful.

Most ROM developers have this problem too and it seems only TeamVillain was able to do it. It would be awesome if they could share their knowledge on this...

Have you tried talking to robocik? His Rom has all that stuff (RCMix)! ;)

Thanks.

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
Yes, probably. But I can't help you on that as I don't know. You'll need to research on that but I'm sure it's possible, I just never investigated how to do it.

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
It really depends on what you consider an "easy fix".

I believe something must be done to boot.img (the hero.rc file inside it must be edited to support it I think) and then the binaries are also needed. Probably a init.d script too. I don't think it's much harder than this.

I never investigated Apps2SD per se, but when I investigated some other stuff, this is what I believe I've seen for Apps2SD on different ROMs. Then again, I could be entirely wrong :p

noki@

Mar 4, 2009
Really needs app2sd, especially considering the amount of memory on the Hero

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
That's why I added dalvik2cache script in this latest version, it's enough for me (for now at least).

If you really need Apps2SD, than this ROM isn't for you. I'm sure there are many others out there that will fit your needs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEBULAE ROOTED ROM BASED ON
    OFFICIAL HTC WWE ÉCLAIR 2.1 (RUU)

***ONLY FOR GSM HERO***

Description:

This ROM is just another ROM like most others out there... Yes, I'm late in the game and it does not have much more than most ROMs but that was not the intention either. It's also not this ROM's intention to compete with any other ROMs. This is just something I did for myself (that's why you can find some unusual features) which I decided to share cause some people might like my simple and basic changes.

My work is based in two other ROMs, MoDaCo from Paul O'Brien and VillainROM from TeamVillain. I respect their work and thank them for their hard work. Some things were literally copied from their ROMs to mine, but I give credit where credit is due; if you find something that you think it was copied, that's because it probably was, but I'm not doing this to take credit for their work.

Features:

• Based on Official HTC WWE Éclair 2.1 Update (RUU)
    • Rooted with Superuser 2.3.6.1 by ChainsDD
    • Missing locales from the official HTC update
      • en_PT, en_FI, fr_BE, fr_CH, pt_PT, nb_FI, da_FI, sv_FI
    • Fully deodexed for theming, hacking and extra space
    • Added Click'n'Drag to rearrange screens in Rosie/Sense
    • Long and comprehensive list of updated APNs
    • Added Dropbear support (SSH Server)
    • Added support for dalvik2cache script
    • Tweaked low memory management
    • Disabled boot animation sound
    • Included Linux tools:
      • BusyBox v1.15.3
      • SQLite v3.5.9
      • Bash v4.1
      • Nano v2.0.9
    • Included applications:
      • 3D Gallery v1.1.30682 (Froyo port)
    • Removed applications:
      • HTC Footprints
      • HTC Stocks
      • Teeter

How to install:
    • Wipe everything:
      • Data
      • Dalvik-cache
      • Battery Stats
      • Rotate Settings
    • Flash ROM via recovery mode.
    • Flash Radio via recovery mode (the phone will reboot twice, do not interrupt the process at any moment).
    • Reboot the system once after the initial boot.
    I suggest to always reinstall the radio after flashing any ROM, I've had GPS problems in the past for not doing so. Either flash the one below or the one that suits you/your network better.

Downloads:

• It's somewhat impossible to thank every single person that contributes to the Android ROM development community. Kudos to everyone that does an amazing work and decides to share it with us.
    • Credits to Paul O'Brien for the missing locales (from Chunghwa 2.1 ROM), Nano and Click'n'Drag Rosie/Sense UI mod.
    • Credits to TeamVillain for the huge APNs list, Bash, low memory management tweak and dalvik2cache script.
    • That's all I can remember at the moment, sorry if I forgot something or someone important.

Disclaimer:

• I will not be held responsible for any damage to the phone and it's your responsibility to make the necessary backups before flashing this ROM.