[Q] Sony Xperia L Bricked

Search This thread

perivenkal

Apr 12, 2008
Can you just tell us what exactly you did.. & is your bootloader unlocked?

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Thank you for ur reply, yes bootloader was unlocked and I was trying to install the custom rom but after restarting my xperia L never started again. Black dead...no logo just red LED blinking and I tried key combination but nothing. To repair through sus and flash tool it should be recognized by the pc. Its being recognized as unknown device by pc and did try to install driver manually but no luck. In both sus and flash tool I found message no phone attached.
Plz guide me.

DexterousKrupesh

Dec 14, 2013
Thanx for your reply, Yes I have stock.ftf but to flash this my xperia L shall be recognized by pc. Currently its being recognized as unknown device though I tried to install driver manually but no luck uptil now. please help me

first install PC companion then connect phone to pc drivers installed automatically
Then remove phone
then open flashtool/drivers and install driver!

perivenkal

Apr 12, 2008
Dead Xperia L

first install PC companion then connect phone to pc drivers installed automatically
Then remove phone
then open flashtool/drivers and install driver!

Thanx, Before this issue with my Xperia L I was using PC companion and I guess this already installed drivers but now neither PC companion/SUS nor flash is detecting my phone. I am using windows 8 currently but I also tried on windows 7 to install the drivers but no luck. My friend suggested that I need a boot loader as all the data in my Xperia L has been washed out due to bad flashing. In my country no boot loader device available for Sony Xperia 2013 models. Any alternate solutions?

varunpilankar

Jul 8, 2012
Sony Xperia SP
Moto X
Bootloader..?!! I think you don't have any kernel in your phone currently that's why it isn't recognizing your phone by the PC.. Try using SUS on Windows 7..make sure your driver's are installed properly.. Either through SUS or Flashtool..

If your phone is Not Recognized by Flashtool that means you don't have Required Drivers Installed. Use the Below method to Solve this Problem.
Open the folder /Flashtool/drivers & Install "ggsetup-2.2.0.11".
If Still after the Above Process Flashtool doesn't Recognize your Phone. Use this Method.
Open the /Flashtool/driver folder & Extract the "XXX_ADB_Driver.zip" anywhere on your PC/Mac/Linux. [ This Zip corresponds to your Phone Model. ]
Now Open "Device Manager" on your PC/Mac/Linux & find the device which is with an Exclamation mark on it. [ Make sure your phone is Connected to the PC ]
Right Click on that Device & Choose Update Driver.
Choose to find the Driver Manually.
Now Browse to the Folder where to have Extracted your Phone Model Zip File.
This will Install the Required Drivers on your Computer.
After that Open Flashtool Again & Try to Recognize your Device.

If Still you see any problem reply back for further assistance..

Hit Thanks if I helped you..

Last edited:

DexterousKrupesh

Dec 14, 2013
Thanx, Before this issue with my Xperia L I was using PC companion and I guess this already installed drivers but now neither PC companion/SUS nor flash is detecting my phone. I am using windows 8 currently but I also tried on windows 7 to install the drivers but no luck. My friend suggested that I need a boot loader as all the data in my Xperia L has been washed out due to bad flashing. In my country no boot loader device available for Sony Xperia 2013 models. Any alternate solutions?

You have only one way use flashtool ! download latest frimware.
Install flashtool and sony drivers properly!
and flash the phone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hit THANKS if you appreciate my help!

Reactions: perivenkal

jpnan

Oct 15, 2013
Hi pervenkal, try varunpilankar steps, I too faced this issue while flashing my Xperia L for the first time, 7 months ago. But it is most probably driver issue, during that time I tried lots of drivers even the one given with flashtool, but finally drivers from ADT bundle helped me.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: perivenkal
Thank you for ur reply, yes bootloader was unlocked and I was trying to install the custom rom but after restarting my xperia L never started again. Black dead...no logo just red LED blinking and I tried key combination but nothing. To repair through sus and flash tool it should be recognized by the pc. Its being recognized as unknown device by pc and did try to install driver manually but no luck. In both sus and flash tool I found message no phone attached.
Plz guide me.

U try to charge the phone??
Blinking red ligth is for no batery power
Maybe is this the problem :)

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
The red blinking light sounds like your battery is low, I read about someone who had do e this not long ago. Couldn't boot tinto recovery because they had insufficient charge. Charge your phone on mains power for an hour, and then try flashtool again. But make sure you wipe everything.

Sent from my ST18i

asad69

Sep 23, 2014
hello guys m new here ..i tried to flash jb 4.3 on my xperia l c1905 it was successful but when i boot my xperia nothing happens i tried everything nothing's responding ..i charged it for about a week now its showing kinda lime color light when i plug it and in flashtool it says device connected with usb debugging off ..and then be sure u r not in mtp mode ..and pc recognize it as zeus flash device

asad69

Sep 23, 2014
i flashed stock ftf on my xperia l it was successfully done i unplugged my device now its not booting charged it for 4 days now its just giving yellow or lime kind or led notification when i connect it to pc ..pc recognize it but flashtool or pc companion or sus nothing recognize it cant access fastboot or flashmod guys plzz help

TakuyaZ

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 17, 2012
Tokyo
Sony Xperia XZ
Xperia XZ2
hello guys m new here ..i tried to flash jb 4.3 on my xperia l c1905 it was successful but when i boot my xperia nothing happens i tried everything nothing's responding ..i charged it for about a week now its showing kinda lime color light when i plug it and in flashtool it says device connected with usb debugging off ..and then be sure u r not in mtp mode ..and pc recognize it as zeus flash device

First, Which phone you have, c1905 is Xperia M
Second, Flashing Xperia M ftf to Xperia L is a guaranteed brick ==

i don't think it can be fixed without a complate nand rewrite. just a assumption

voxrazr

Sep 22, 2014
@asad69 have you checked wipe data and wipe cache when you flashed with flash tool?

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

asad69

Sep 23, 2014
@asad69 have you checked wipe data and wipe cache when you flashed with flash tool?

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

yup i did everything right but i was having xperia l and i flashed xperia m stock rom .and then totally dead now it gives yellow led when i plug in charger or pc ..even though pc recognize it as zeus flash device but non of the flashing tools recognize it :(
and i took it to many repairing shops they reject it saying it cant be repared

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootloader..?!! I think you don't have any kernel in your phone currently that's why it isn't recognizing your phone by the PC.. Try using SUS on Windows 7..make sure your driver's are installed properly.. Either through SUS or Flashtool..

If your phone is Not Recognized by Flashtool that means you don't have Required Drivers Installed. Use the Below method to Solve this Problem.
    Open the folder /Flashtool/drivers & Install "ggsetup-2.2.0.11".
    If Still after the Above Process Flashtool doesn't Recognize your Phone. Use this Method.
    Open the /Flashtool/driver folder & Extract the "XXX_ADB_Driver.zip" anywhere on your PC/Mac/Linux. [ This Zip corresponds to your Phone Model. ]
    Now Open "Device Manager" on your PC/Mac/Linux & find the device which is with an Exclamation mark on it. [ Make sure your phone is Connected to the PC ]
    Right Click on that Device & Choose Update Driver.
    Choose to find the Driver Manually.
    Now Browse to the Folder where to have Extracted your Phone Model Zip File.
    This will Install the Required Drivers on your Computer.
    After that Open Flashtool Again & Try to Recognize your Device.

If Still you see any problem reply back for further assistance..

Hit Thanks if I helped you..

You have only one way use flashtool ! download latest frimware.
    Install flashtool and sony drivers properly!
    and flash the phone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hit THANKS if you appreciate my help!
    Hi pervenkal, try varunpilankar steps, I too faced this issue while flashing my Xperia L for the first time, 7 months ago. But it is most probably driver issue, during that time I tried lots of drivers even the one given with flashtool, but finally drivers from ADT bundle helped me.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app