htc sense , displays too much contacts

Search This thread

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
hi,

since the upgrade to sense 6 today, i have lots of contacts :s

i sync with an exchange email account , i have about 500 contacts, but now the htc displays about 2000 contacts (seems it syncs also syncs contacts where i mailed too)

i checked options , but dont see anything ordinary :s

thnx

leeph

Jun 19, 2007
there are no duplicaties

i have a new contact for every mail i send to someone , strange thing is that i dont see those in my contact list...
seems my htc is synching the history of all emails i send (contacts only)

Hi,

I found the same thing after my HTC One updated to Sense 6 last night.

I have found that the ActiveSync client is also now syncing contacts from the 'Suggested Contacts' folder in the exchange
mailbox. So if you clear out that folder from your exchange mailbox, then sync the phone, they will be gone. Hope this helps
others who don't like having a contact for EVERYONE THEY'VE EVER EMAILED! Aaagh!

leeph

Reactions: nkk71

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi,

I have found that the ActiveSync client is also now syncing contacts from the 'Suggested Contacts' folder in the exchange
mailbox. So if you clear out that folder from your exchange mailbox, then sync the phone, they will be gone. Hope this helps
others who don't like having a contact for EVERYONE THEY'VE EVER EMAILED! Aaagh!

leeph

ah, thnx

seems also a known issue now
its android related, not HTC

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/gYpaWfRcHgA

Nice catch, thanks. And not only that, but it seems to sync every "contacts" folder (even sub-sub-folders) in your folder tree (I had a few "backups"), no wonder I had over 8000 contacts... and I just thought I had more friends all of a sudden :p :p

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
since this is android related and maybe fixed i a newer version, i dont expect a bugfix for htc sense devices
i think this ota was the latest one for our devices :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    there are no duplicaties

i have a new contact for every mail i send to someone , strange thing is that i dont see those in my contact list...
    seems my htc is synching the history of all emails i send (contacts only)

Hi,

leeph
    ah, thnx

seems also a known issue now
    its android related, not HTC

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/gYpaWfRcHgA