stuck in boot up loop

Search This thread

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
I just flashed the pacman nightly over cm11 using philz recovery. and my phone keeps trying to boot up. I get the moto logo for a few seconds then it goes blank and comes back up.

not sure where to begin fixing this. Ive tried to get back into recovery but cant.
any help would be appreciated

iBolski

I just flashed the pacman nightly over cm11 using philz recovery. and my phone keeps trying to boot up. I get the moto logo for a few seconds then it goes blank and comes back up.

not sure where to begin fixing this. Ive tried to get back into recovery but cant.
any help would be appreciated

You dirty flashed it over CM11? You didn't wipe system, data, cache and dalvik? I always do that, even when I'm flashing an AOSP-based ROM over another AOSP-based ROM.

The only time I won't do this is if I'm flashing say CM11 over CM11.

If you dirty flashed, that might be your problem, but I don't know for sure as I don't use PacMan ROM.

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
I didn't dirty flash. Cm11 was on there before. I used philz wipe forfor new rom like I always do.

I can get into the fastboot menu. Is there something I can do there to reflash cm11?

iBolski

I didn't dirty flash. Cm11 was on there before. I used philz wipe forfor new rom like I always do.

I can get into the fastboot menu. Is there something I can do there to reflash cm11?

Not sure then. I always use TWRP to wipe and flash. Could be an issue with the ROM itself or you got a bad download. You might want to try and download the ROM again to ensure it wasn't a bad download.

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
figured it out. must have had something happen to the recovery file.

in fast boot i flashed a new recovery image and was able to boot into recovery.

Not_A_Dev

Sep 5, 2012
Chitown
Maybe you have the JB bootloader and you flashed a KitKat bootloader based CM11 build... That could explain why your phone is not booting properly.
That's a no-go. You won't be able to flash a KK-based ROM on a system with a JB Bootloader. The device will abort the installation immediately with a friendly reminder. At least the XT926. Been there, tried that.