[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Search This thread

GalaxyNinja

Nov 23, 2011
Toronto
Im having the very same problem with my tab. Battery stats showed that my tab went from 99% to 14% in 2 days, while the screen was on for less than 40min....
I have a P7500, but never used a SIM card. I'm on the latest nightly so far, 26/11

As mentioned above, love the performance and really thanks Pershoot for the work, otherwise would prob still be on Honeycomb. Just dont understand why battery drains so quick, without even use it.

Is your gps on? Just noticed that gps killed 30% battery today in my bag searching for a signal.

ole12

Jan 19, 2011
I'm actually using battery stats for a while now, and that's what shows me (attached). Any suggestions?

I have no idea how to understand a logcat.

But I went through it, and saw ALOT of connectivity / network / adress change lines.

Are you connected to wifi all time? It might be your router bombarding your tab.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Leogp

Sep 16, 2012
Hong Kong
I have no idea how to understand a logcat.

But I went through it, and saw ALOT of connectivity / network / adress change lines.

Are you connected to wifi all time? It might be your router bombarding your tab.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I never switch off my WiFi. I will do a test and switch off whenever i'm not using it, and check if there's any difference
thanks for the tip

djden

Aug 7, 2011
wifi

Ill check settings wifi and in the richt corner advanced.. wifi keeps in sleeptime i check never,and my battery is fine

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm no expert in chasing down wakelocks and it is somewhat inappropriate to be addressing this here in this thread because it has little to do with the kernel but what I think you should be doing with better battery stats is drilling down through the various logs (not the logcat itself) and paying heed to the amount of usage or wakes the top ranked processes have.

As an example I did not freeze/disable maps or location services this afternoon on my tablet so on the alarms log in better battery stats I see 420 wakeups in the past 4 hours. A handful of maps related processes rank near the top of my partial wakelocks log as well. This tells me that disabling maps will have a great impact on battery life.

Pershoot my apologies for taking things a bit off topic.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
I'm on the newest kernel and I had another lock at 450mhz. I don't have a pc to give any logcat or anything but ill try to outline what happened

Battery was full and I spent a whole lot of time ~6 hours catching up on Homeland :D
Anyway after that the battery was at about 9% at which point I put it away (still on but locked)
I come back, ~10 hours later when the battery is at 4d% and I plug it into my friend laptop at mtp to copy some songs over
After that I unplug it and after about 1min I realise its REALLY slow and I found d that the max frequency has changed to 450mhz (was at 1.4)
Now I stick it back to 1.4 and it's still VERY laggy I.e typing is laggy and homeland keeps freezing :( even after sticking it on performance
After a reboot everything is fine and snappy.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
I'm on the newest kernel and I had another lock at 450mhz. I don't have a pc to give any logcat or anything but ill try to outline what happened

Battery was full and I spent a whole lot of time ~6 hours catching up on Homeland :D
Anyway after that the battery was at about 9% at which point I put it away (still on but locked)
I come back, ~10 hours later when the battery is at 4d% and I plug it into my friend laptop at mtp to copy some songs over
After that I unplug it and after about 1min I realise its REALLY slow and I found d that the max frequency has changed to 450mhz (was at 1.4)
Now I stick it back to 1.4 and it's still VERY laggy I.e typing is laggy and homeland keeps freezing :( even after sticking it on performance
After a reboot everything is fine and snappy.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

no logs, nothing can be done for you.

this kernel is already in the latest nightlies. update your build.

Leogp

Sep 16, 2012
Hong Kong
Ill check settings wifi and in the richt corner advanced.. wifi keeps in sleeptime i check never,and my battery is fine

Did that already. Still the same for me.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I'm no expert in chasing down wakelocks and it is somewhat inappropriate to be addressing this here in this thread because it has little to do with the kernel but what I think you should be doing with better battery stats is drilling down through the various logs (not the logcat itself) and paying heed to the amount of usage or wakes the top ranked processes have.

As an example I did not freeze/disable maps or location services this afternoon on my tablet so on the alarms log in better battery stats I see 420 wakeups in the past 4 hours. A handful of maps related processes rank near the top of my partial wakelocks log as well. This tells me that disabling maps will have a great impact on battery life.

Pershoot my apologies for taking things a bit off topic.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I did not mean to take the conversation out of topic, simply stated my tab functionality with the kernel.
neither I am criticising Pershoot's work and effort as without it we would all be on Honeycomb still. I'm just helping reporting some issues that could be related to the kernel, or not.

Thanks for your tips above.

Serpentene

Oct 28, 2011
YOU WANT HD VIDEO? YOU WANT the ULTIMATE p4VZW CM10????

Did that already. Still the same for me.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I did not mean to take the conversation out of topic, simply stated my tab functionality with the kernel.
neither I am criticising Pershoot's work and effort as without it we would all be on Honeycomb still. I'm just helping reporting some issues that could be related to the kernel, or not.

Thanks for your tips above.

What needs to be applied for the GREATEST GT 10.1 JB CYANOGENMOD 10 EXPERIENCE is as follows:

1) Pershoot 11/19 kernel applied.
2) The last CM10 Nightly as of (12/8/12)..the last update smoothing out the CM10 boot logo...(this is the unofficial "stable" build for VZW IMHO)

3) CM10 settings: CPU PROCESSOR / Governor INTERACTIVE (kernel is optimal @ this setting choice.)
MIN speed 456MHZ (analysis of optimum idle wait state)
MAX speed 1400MHZ (1200..conservative battery +gain. -performance loss)
I/O SCHEDULER : DEADLINE

MEMORY MANAGEMENT: zRAM 26%
check allow purging of assets
check Kernel same page merging
16 bit transparency OFF
SURFACE IMPROVEMENT DITHERING DISABLE

4) ZEPPELIN ROX V6 SUPERCHARGER SCRIPT BUNDLE:

V6 SUPERCHARGER (Requires a patched Services.jar...recommend using ZeppelinRox script automation sequence..)

LET the SCRIPT SET OOM values using auto calculated algorithm..

set Launcher to ROCK HARD
install ALL EXTRAS including ALL TWEAKS

KERNELIZER

3G TURBO WIFI AFTERBURNER (must use TIWLAN.ini (add to ETC/WIFI)

WIFI script settings ..set to #4 (conservative battery gain) or #5 Experimental (full power radio)..set AFTERBURNERS (TIWLAN.ini required) ON

**NOTHING can compete with these performance tweaks...Performance APPS are a WASTE of download time..storage space..and consume resources!!**

SD CARD READ SET 2MB..(will auto install using the 3G Bundle Enhancement options.)

TouchscreenTune app install

set sensitivity to 40 for finger swiping...set to 15 for light touch stylus

SET the AIRPLANE MODE ON!!!!
Leave it on..

USE Manual override wifi radio and/or Mobile radio andor Bluetooth
Set wifi scanning off if using well known SSID..

A BIG SHOUT and THANK YOU to the Cyanogenmod team, Pershoot, ZeppelinRox.
Necromancers of the Samsung GALAXY TAB!!!!...I am in utter AWE of your programming Wizardry!!!!

You're WELCOME.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Pershoot,
I have a patch that I'd like you to consider for your kernel builds.

There's a problem with the touchscreen chip in the Galaxy Tab where a firmware update fails. This leaves the chip in firmware update mode, meaning that it's not responding to screen updates. When this happens, you can recover from the problem by restarting the firmware update.
It's a simple fix to the mxt1386 driver - patch is available from http://www.rickmurphy.net/atmel_mxt1386_diff.txt

There's unfortunately a very easy way to get the chip broken - a simple
# find /sys -exec grep foo {} \;
command triggers the firmware update to start, then almost right away powers off the tablet. When you power it back on, the touchscreen is dead. Samsung claims that fixing this requires the main board to be replaced.

Would you please consider including this change in your kernel builds for the Gtab? It's a harmless change that could allow people to fix their broken tablets easily. Thanks.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Are you certain this is reproducible on the touchscreen driver/setup/fw I include in cm10/10.1?

I've done finds before without issue.

Please validate if the issue is still present with the upgraded driver set.

Thx.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Pershoot,
I have a patch that I'd like you to consider for your kernel builds.

There's a problem with the touchscreen chip in the Galaxy Tab where a firmware update fails. This leaves the chip in firmware update mode, meaning that it's not responding to screen updates. When this happens, you can recover from the problem by restarting the firmware update.
It's a simple fix to the mxt1386 driver - patch is available from http://www.rickmurphy.net/atmel_mxt1386_diff.txt

There's unfortunately a very easy way to get the chip broken - a simple
# find /sys -exec grep foo {} \;
command triggers the firmware update to start, then almost right away powers off the tablet. When you power it back on, the touchscreen is dead. Samsung claims that fixing this requires the main board to be replaced.

Would you please consider including this change in your kernel builds for the Gtab? It's a harmless change that could allow people to fix their broken tablets easily. Thanks.

please check pm.

Reactions: andredoe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not planning on moving to cm10 next year. I'll try to get all tabs up on 10 by end of next week.
    this weekend ill have rom updates for cm9/10, then ill work towards getting everything uploaded in to mainline, while i wait for newer sources from samsung.
    as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.
    going to try to get another update out either tonight or tomorrow. want to update/patch more things.

pershoot neva sleeps! hehe.