Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

Syd_M

Is it just me or good old Andy's startup animation is gone in the latest build? Mine just boots with an LG logo.

Are you referring to FitAmp's build or the official nightly? I'm using FitAmp's and the CyanogenMod bootanimation is there. The latest official cm7 didn't boot for me (I may have gotten a corrupted download), but the second to the last build still had the bootanimation.

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace
It should be there in the past builds as well as the present builds. Nothing has changed regarding bootanimation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

x-dira

Nov 6, 2011
awesome :D
can u tell me how to do that? :D
link guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2315341
Thanks petrukgrinder
Just flash the zip he provided. :)

Edit: By the way, you'll probably want to create a new thread in the Themes & Apps forum for your mods. It'll give you greater exposure.
Thanks
Yeah good idea. I can put a link in 2nd post to your thread. Keep it up with the mods x-dira :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Thanks!
Theme Ice9
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kuxury01e98kmlf/Ice9_mdpi_test26m7.apk

Last edited:

Life'sGood

Jul 2, 2013
Hi guys, i think this should be the thread for me to post my questions about official CyanogenMod for P500.

Im trying to help my uncle to 'upgrade' his Froyo P500 since warranty has passed, then there's report of Official 2.3 is crap, so i decided to tell him about cyanogenmod. Myself i've tried CM10.1 on my O4X and was impressed with it.

Reading has been done on [FAQ] General FAQs + Quick guide to rooting/flashing roms [20 JAN 13], which gives me one confusion.

The P500 in question is currently on Froyo, i assume its using the Old baseband. Should I upgrade it to Official GB for the V20 baseband before flashing Stable CM7? Will it be safer this way?

About losing IMEI. What are the chances of that happening or is it a controllable factor?

There are reports of network connectivity issues in nightlies. Does it happen in Stable?

What are the very important points to take note of?

I really hope someone is kind enough to help me answer the questions.:D If the P500 is mine i would really want to try out the 4.X.X roms. But since I'm not gonna be the user of it, its only logical to stick with the safest and stable rom.

Syd_M

@Life'sGood; If you're looking for a good CM7.2 for the P500, I recommend using FitAmp's unofficial CM7.2 build rather than the official CM7.2. I believe the latest official nightly has some network issues, among others (though it's been a while since I used it, so I can't recall clearly), which have been fixed in FitAmp's build. If you're looking for a custom kernel to go with that, then DJNoXD's 2.5.8-ta-vsyncOff (or with vsync, your choice) kernel is the best option, IMHO (in fact, that's my current setup).

Regarding baseband, since you're on Froyo, then yeah, it's the old baseband. You can update to the new baseband if you want, but a safer option would be to simply flash the Old Baseband Fix right after flashing the ROM in order to restore network. The oldbb fix zip can be found in the 1st post of FitAmp's CM7.2 thread.

Reactions: Life'sGood

Life'sGood

Jul 2, 2013
@Life'sGood; If you're looking for a good CM7.2 for the P500, I recommend using FitAmp's unofficial CM7.2 build rather than the official CM7.2. I believe the latest official nightly has some network issues, among others (though it's been a while since I used it, so I can't recall clearly), which have been fixed in FitAmp's build. If you're looking for a custom kernel to go with that, then DJNoXD's 2.5.8-ta-vsyncOff (or with vsync, your choice) kernel is the best option, IMHO (in fact, that's my current setup).

Regarding baseband, since you're on Froyo, then yeah, it's the old baseband. You can update to the new baseband if you want, but a safer option would be to simply flash the Old Baseband Fix right after flashing the ROM in order to restore network. The oldbb fix zip can be found in the 1st post of FitAmp's CM7.2 thread.

thanks for your answers. I'm planning to use the stable release instead of the nightlies that comes after it. Does it have any issues?

Syd_M

thanks for your answers. I'm planning to use the stable release instead of the nightlies that comes after it. Does it have any issues?

Not sure about the stable release, to be honest. It's been a while since I used it. All I remember was not being too enamored of it. Could be bugs, but I can't recall. The official CyanogenMod releases for the p500 are all half-assed, tbqh. FitAmp's release is stable, really, and a better choice in my opinion. It's more or less a bugfix release for the nightlies since the CM team left us hanging.

Topoignaz

Nov 21, 2013

I had it running for one month, after which it started to randomly reboot on incoming calls. The most annoying thing is that, after reboot, there is no trace of the caller in the incoming calls list. This bug has been fixed at the beginning of July 2012.

The nightly builds from November 2012 on have no network service. To correct this, you can apply the patch mentioned in post #3639.

Concerning myself, I'm now using the October 28th 2012 nightly build, the last one with no network issues.

alphasparc

Jan 4, 2014
Getting Error when building

Code:
frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraHardwareStub.cpp: In static member function 'static android::sp<android::CameraHardwareInterface> android::CameraHardwareStub::createInstance()':
frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraHardwareStub.cpp:400: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android::CameraHardwareStub'
frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraHardwareStub.h:31: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android::CameraHardwareStub':
device/lge/e510/include/camera/CameraHardwareInterface.h:96: note:      virtual android::status_t android::CameraHardwareInterface::getShutterSound(int)
device/lge/e510/include/camera/CameraHardwareInterface.h:142: note:     virtual void android::CameraHardwareInterface::encodeData()
make: *** [out/target/product/e510/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libcamerastub_intermediates/CameraHardwareStub.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
external/yaffs2/yaffs2/utils/mkyaffs2image.c: In function 'mkyaffs2image':
system/core/include/private/android_filesystem_config.h:233: warning: inlining failed in call to 'fs_config': --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
external/yaffs2/yaffs2/utils/mkyaffs2image.c:304: warning: called from here
I am getting the error above any ideas?

shadowwwk

Feb 28, 2014
I'm screwed

I recently tried a Rom but failed, my phone is lg p500 and android 2.2 but the Rom I installed was for android 2.3.7 I think. I messed it up I need help to fix my phone any idea? I'm a little new to this pls help!!ASAP! !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)