Playing Blu-Ray movies on my tablet

Search This thread

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
I have been using makemkv and dvd catalyst 4, but i am having problems ripping the subtitles, only the hard encoded ones like in avatar.

I will give ripbot a go.

John.

SarahKirschbaum

Jul 30, 2012
I have been using Ripbot264 for years. I usually choose "SD iPad" setting
with MKV, 1280x720 resolution, CF22, 2.0 audio, normalized to 100%, and
hard subtitles(if needed). A 2-hour Blu-ray usually end up as a 1.3GB
MKV video file.

Instead of the default video player, I always use DicePlayer.(which plays
somewhat smoother 720p video than MX Player)

Reactions: azturbomini

Ziken

May 22, 2012
have you considered using DicePlayer? they've been successfully been able to play my anime, so maybe they're able to play bd? and if you rip them, i would suggest you also use formatfactory. just be wary when you install it as it tend to install random add-ons but other than that, it worthy to use.

FYI: DicePlayer also play .flv as well. i haven't fully tested it, but i can confirm that it play various format and known format to anime, if you know what i'm tlking about.

Rybean

Feb 1, 2012
I watched a 6 gig .mvk file on the Tab 2 today. I also used MX Player. Make sure you check the h/w+ option in the settings. Also if you encoded DTS just search for "mx player dts codec" and you will find one.

Last edited:

cherryhunter

Dec 23, 2013
How can I move Blu-ray movies to my Tab 2 10.1 and play them?

It’s an easy job as long as you rip and copy your media from your Blu-rays to your computer’s hard drive or even transfer them to your tablet or phone. An easy-to-use Blu-ray ripper is the key.

You can find some freeware like MakeMKV, but it also has some limit, like it can only help you to rip Blu-ray to MKV format, and it may not work well on Windows 8 or Mac Mavericks.

In this case, you can find a MakeMKV alternative tool like Pavtube Blu-ray ripper

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using Ripbot264 for years. I usually choose "SD iPad" setting
    with MKV, 1280x720 resolution, CF22, 2.0 audio, normalized to 100%, and
    hard subtitles(if needed). A 2-hour Blu-ray usually end up as a 1.3GB
    MKV video file.

Instead of the default video player, I always use DicePlayer.(which plays
    somewhat smoother 720p video than MX Player)
    i install xperia movies and i can see all bluray movies with best video and audio :)