[PC] WPBackup v1.0 - save your data and migrate to another ROM

Search This thread

alan93

Dec 24, 2010
DEAD LINK

Where is this app?
The download link goes to this:

Invalid Attachment specified. This can happen for a variety of reasons-- most likely because the thread or post you are trying to view has been moved or deleted. Please return to the forum home and browse for another similiar post.

AndrewH1993

Dec 17, 2010
howeitworks.com
Wmdc doesn't work on win 8 no more. :/ so those of use that upgraded from win 7, can't use this.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

update:
After uninstalling and reinstalling Zune 3 times under windows 8 I finally got wmdc to work and this app also to work.

To help you with this issue, it has something to do with Outlook. WMDC requires outlook express to be automatically installed on windows. After vista, operating systems like Windows 7 and up doesn't have a outlook express anymore. ~Solution~ I recommend that you torrent the Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise package and install it or go out and buy 2003-2007 office suites. Later offices like 2010 and up doesn't work. Also make sure you select the right x86 or x64 installation packages for wmdc.

Thanks for reading and hope you have a good night.:laugh: :highfive:

FerretallicA

Jul 15, 2005
For anyone else getting the ****s with having to trawl through several pages of broken links and 'is this the latest' etc...
Latest attached.

Attachments

• WPBackup_v1.0.rar
    574.3 KB · Views: 406
Reactions: NeolioN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WPBackup v1.0

WPBackup is an application to save information from your device and move it
    to another ROM.

Supported "zones":
    • Contacts, SMS, schedule
    • My Documents (except Zune collection)
    • Bing Maps
    • Keyboard dictionary
    • WiFi access points passwords.
    • Alarms
    • Camera photo number
    • Lockscreen timeout.

(!) WPBackup requires:
    • Windows Mobile Device Center
    • Windows Phone 7 SDK (or mini SDK)
    • Stable connection to your device.
    • Full unlock.

wpbackup.png

Download

//884 views
    Here is a quick step by step to get his WPbackup program working

1) Plug phone into pc and start zune. wait for phone to sync

2) Start windows mobile device center (xap found in bazaar marketplace for download to phone) and press "run" from phone. you should see it initialize and show "CoreCon IPs: 21.202.xx.xxx, if it says there is no IP then uninstall and redownload again till you see an IP#

3) Start WP backup and press connect..it will connect and you should be good to go (can also be started after zune (step 1)and press connect after doing step 2. ** do not close zune and leave wmdc app running on the phone until process is over.

****please note that once you start wmdc from your phone, wmdc from your pc might also start if installed...you can close it out on your pc if this happens

hope this helps those that need it...

>>>>>>>>just saw that there was another post like this one but i hope that i have offered some more info to what was already available...good luck!
    I was going to say the download link was no longer working, but I see it's been taken down temporarily. Hope it's back up soon; want to give this a try!

Dennis

Here is a new link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7556hxz5nh3hivp
    tried to connect with HD2 and (your) Pdaimatejam ROM v8.5 and wont connect... tried with Zune and without Zune... maybe is problem in Windows 8?
    WMDC?

Does it backup game saves if not, could it ?
    If this app can backup specified application(eg: I want to save the game records), it will be more exciting! I will appreciate more.
    Thanks very much.
    It saves isolated storage of selected applications.

Thank you very much!

but i did't download it,it's wrong!

You don't have permission to access /ultrashot/WPBackup_v1.0.rar on this server.:confused:
    it works.
    Thanks for this great contribution, I synchronized perfectly;).

Steps to synchronize the device with WPBackup:
    1 - Start the Zune software and sync with the device.
    2 - Start the software and run it as administrator WPBackup.
    3 - Once started WPBackup will press "connect"
    4 - Start Windows Mobile Device Center on your device and will press "Run"
    5 - Now your device should be synchronized properly with WPBackup

wpb_mio.png

Sorry for my bad English