[Q] I9305 Stock 4.3 How to open Service Mode

Search This thread

AdamOslo

Jan 26, 2014
Hi.
I am using my GT-I9305 for testing of mobile base stations (need to be able to lock mobile to the 1800 MHz LTE). When i was using stock android ver 4.1.2 - it was possible to open service mode from dialer (*#197328640#)
After adnroid update to ver 4.3 it is not longer possible.

I am trying to find solution to have back Service Mode on my mobile.
Maybe somebody can help me to find solution.

1. I rooted my phone and in /system/apps there is app called serviceModeApp.apk
i cannot find here ServiceModeApp_RIL.apk
there is also no HiddenMenu.apk here

2. In /efs/carrier there is file called HiddenMenu and when i edit this file it contains word OFF

I have changed OFF to ON in /efs/carrier in file HiddenMenu
I copied into /system/apps ServiceModeApp_RIL.apk, HiddenMenu.apk and i overwrited serviceModeApp.apk (i get version from android 4.1.2)

And nothing works for me.
I will apreciate any help.

I was wondering - if it is possible to add Service Mode into custom rom, maybe it will be possible to ADD it to the stock rom (copying some files, changing some files...) XDA is place with most experienced android experts - maybe somebody will find a minute to help me ? :) Please!

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
I am having the same issue here... not able to use service mode on the new 4.3 firmware either :( Anyone able to offer some help preety please?

Thank you kindly :D

AdamOslo

Jan 26, 2014
Maybe somebody is interested to fix this problem and get paid for it?
I think - Maybe I can come with some paypal donation if somebody will manage to fix this problem.
somebody interested?:confused:

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
Hi.
I am using my GT-I9305 for testing of mobile base stations (need to be able to lock mobile to the 1800 MHz LTE). When i was using stock android ver 4.1.2 - it was possible to open service mode from dialer (*#197328640#)
After adnroid update to ver 4.3 it is not longer possible.

I am trying to find solution to have back Service Mode on my mobile.
Maybe somebody can help me to find solution.

1. I rooted my phone and in /system/apps there is app called serviceModeApp.apk
i cannot find here ServiceModeApp_RIL.apk
there is also no HiddenMenu.apk here

2. In /efs/carrier there is file called HiddenMenu and when i edit this file it contains word OFF

I have changed OFF to ON in /efs/carrier in file HiddenMenu
I copied into /system/apps ServiceModeApp_RIL.apk, HiddenMenu.apk and i overwrited serviceModeApp.apk (i get version from android 4.1.2)

And nothing works for me.
I will apreciate any help.

I was wondering - if it is possible to add Service Mode into custom rom, maybe it will be possible to ADD it to the stock rom (copying some files, changing some files...) XDA is place with most experienced android experts - maybe somebody will find a minute to help me ? :) Please!

You can try Apex launcher. After installing, go to it and long press somewhere in home screen, then select shortcuts > Activities

Then you can play a bit here, scroll down to service mode and test if any activity in this menu actually opens the service mode. If you succeed let us know

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
You can try Apex launcher. After installing, go to it and long press somewhere in home screen, then select shortcuts > Activities

Then you can play a bit here, scroll down to service mode and test if any activity in this menu actually opens the service mode. If you succeed let us know

Hi, I have tried that and it just says 'Application not installed' I have tried to re-install it from the /system/app folder but it still shows the same error.

:(

AdamOslo

Jan 26, 2014
Apex launcher is not helping. Any other ideas?
I am wondering - is it possible that it is sooo... complicated?! I searched whole internet and NOBODY managed to have Service mode on Stock Android 4.3. that is sad :(:crying:

Top Liked Posts