Best Browser: Opera Mini, Opera mobile, Netfront, or Mozilla Minimo?

Search This thread

A.B.C.

Feb 15, 2008
I've been using Skyfire for the past few weeks on my Tilt, and so far I'm really loving it. Before when I had my 8125 I used Opera Mini and i liked it as well. Minimo was terrible in my opinion, I used it on my 8125 before Opera Mini because I'm a firefox fan and it kept crashing on me.

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
Opera mini is quick, but clunky at startup and when entering text. Also not secure. I want quick, nimble, integrated, and secure. Maybe skyfire will solve it.

I've tried NetFront, so far it seems a tad slow, but I like the page area zoom window and iconic bookmarks.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
OK, im reviving this thread for updated 2009 comments.

And whilst im at it, what tabbed browser are you using?

andylong42

Jul 9, 2008
I keep trying to "like" Skyfire, but find myself using Opera Mini still for the majority of the time. Skyfire is nice on flash websites etc, but the speed and simplicity of Opera Mini makes it my browser of choice. I like Opera Mobile, but after spending about 20mins trying to get it to accept my Facebook username and password I gave up!

tdusen

Sep 14, 2006
I really like IRIS. Too bad they've stopped development for WinMo Devices since Rim bought them.

coolnik

Jan 20, 2009
I dont like Opera Mobile, i like the tabbing feature, but its too slow.
Opera Mini is a very fast browser, i like it.

Skyfire is a very nice browser, because you can watch videos on youtube, veoh, ... with it, and a lot of sites work with :D
If it would have a tabbing feature, it would be the perfect browser for ppc ^^

stylez

Moderator Emeritus

Not yet waiting for someone to say that it's worth it :D

The new Opera 9.7 "not really new now" really enjoying turbo mode as very limited on data usage it flys not as fast as mini but not far off, yeah no download but options untick turbo refresh page and done ;)

Skyfire i like but find that only tend to use for youtube as even IE with flash support isn't great, mind you CorePlayer does it's job for most.

UCWEB6 is almost a competeter for Mini but just a little bit more hungry on data usage mind you has many advances like tabbed browsing etc.

Overall favourite gotta be mini for speed and data usage mind you been using for a very long time back to SPV c500 days so maybe i'm just stuck in me ways....