Search This thread

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Hi
I'm quite a noob, so I apologize if i ask for something already mentionned.
I'm on SPL1.09 after install of LVSW 03/20.

I want to install HardSPL v4.
- This means only the bootloader files of the rom will be modified. Am I right ?

I need to check the yellow line.
But do I need to check "Is it hardSPL" ? What is this for ?

Then, as I understand, if i install a new ROM with radio, it'll modify the SPL again ?

Thanx

Greg

Install HardSPLv4 as in the guide, only your SPL will change. For more info read the HardSPL thread ;) But i definatly recommend flashing HardSPLv4 because SPL 1.09 is a brick-maker (from recent events).

Lowglide

Jan 11, 2007
This was a lot of help. I have read the Wiki and the forums and the sheer amount of information that keeps changing so fast makes it rather confusing. But you manged to pull the up-to-date stuff together in one place and make it a easy and linear process. Thank you very much!

I followd all your steps and all portions of my 8525 are now updated. I had previously just done some patches and the OS upgrade which had left me fighting some bugs. Now it seems a lot smoother.

Thanks again for your hard work, and of course the work of the people that make the made the programs that went into it.
Lowglide

Murcielago

Dec 5, 2003
Mougins
I have some basic questions :
- I actually have LVSW 03/13 version install (20070313_HermesWM6_LVSW_edition_WM6Style.exe)
- I have upgraded to HardSPL 1.30 yesterday (no problem).
- I would like to install LVSW version 03/26 so I have downloaded the 20070326_RUU_Hermes_WWE_3.23.0.2_only_OS.exe file
- When I execute it, it asks me to specify which SPL version I have.

In your guide, you say that I have to use Force Using SSPL....
1) Why shouldn't I select SPL 1.11/1.13/1.30 New Bootloader instead ?
2) If I select this one, does it mean that it's reinstall SPL 1.30 on my Hermes ?
3) What's the difference between selecting Force Using SSPL and SPL 1.11/1.13/1.30 ???

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if these questions are basic.

Last edited:

d1archie

Jan 7, 2007
Excellent guide. Thanks for compiling, mr vanx. I'm sure this will be very helpful to a lot of people. Keep up the good work. As a feel good factor, which I'm sure you are already aware of, I know that this guide has helped to avoid many a bricked device.

Thanks again, and keep up the excellent work.

Murcielago

Dec 5, 2003
Mougins
Sorry, but what is HardSPL and how will i know which version i have? Using a HTC TyTN Hermes 200
This is explained in the Guide......

The first stage of this process is to determine which SPL(bootloader) you have on your device. To do this press and hold both the side OK button and the power button and then press the reset button by putting the stylus into the hole in the bottom of the device. Your device will enter the bootloader and display which IPL and SPL versions are on the device. Make a note of the SPL version on the device, we will use this in a minute.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
notice the line that reads:
This stage is crucial to allow (fairly) safe flashing of new roms/radios etc...
This modified bootloader allows the flashing of any ROM to the device (regardless of the CID) and can help to prevent damage to the device if a failed radio flash occurs (since it doesn't read the CID a corrupt one will not present a problem).

Kinda the gist of it, but it also protects against bad NAND blocks in the device now.

For people with older versions of HardSPL (1.10.oli, 1.11.oli, 1.13.oli) get a ROM that has HardSPLv4 and flash it forcing SSPL (we want the new SPL version). If you already have HardSPLv4 (1.30.olipro) you can check the green option and tick the box below it. But forcing SSPL will be ok aswell if it is OS only in the ROM.

Il change my guide slightly, just makes it complicated for newbs to understand?!

marisa4755

Oct 17, 2005
Newb alert!

Should sim card and sd card be left in the device or taken out. I have searched, but not found an answer to this.

thank you.

raix

Feb 24, 2007
Can someone upload the Radio Rom to Rapidshare?
I tried the FTP Site with 3 different Tools now but everytime i get a Connection Timeout.

Mesmeric

Mar 27, 2007
Yo

Many thanks for this guide i will trying the old girl out tonight and hopefully all will go well!

Thanks again!

Mesmeric

Murcielago

Dec 5, 2003
Mougins
notice the line that reads:

Kinda the gist of it, but it also protects against bad NAND blocks in the device now.

For people with older versions of HardSPL (1.10.oli, 1.11.oli, 1.13.oli) get a ROM that has HardSPLv4 and flash it forcing SSPL (we want the new SPL version). If you already have HardSPLv4 (1.30.olipro) you can check the green option and tick the box below it. But forcing SSPL will be ok aswell if it is OS only in the ROM.

Il change my guide slightly, just makes it complicated for newbs to understand?!

Thanks a lot for your answer and keep up the fantastic job your doing.
Thanks for your help

raix

Feb 24, 2007
MrVanx i would use the one linked in your guide, if the FTP wouldn't time out everytime i try to download it ;)

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Use an ftp program (if you have firefox install the Fireftp add-on). The latest Radio on there is not one i am familiar with. I will PM Pof about the link in the wiki, but for now PLEASE use radio 1.38.00.10 (just to be safe).

hasanj4

Aug 30, 2005
@MrVanx
When I try to run the ROMUpgrade for the HardSPL v4, I get the following:
"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions od .NET Framework: v2.0.50727"

I went to M$ site and I am faced with 3 versions of v2 .NET framework:
x86 version - 280mb
x64 version - 610mb
IA64 version

These are mighty big files that will take forever to download

Please advise.

Thnx,
Hasan J.

raix

Feb 24, 2007
The posted Link above is from the wiki and it's 1.38.00.10
But your linked file is named RADIO_1.38.00.10_Only_SSPL.rar.
I'm just wondering what's the "Only SSP" says. Or if i can use the 1.38.00.10 from the Wiki. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
    The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
    DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
    Enjoy ;)