1st time flashing with atrix 2

Search This thread

siddharth1102

May 23, 2012
new delhi
I just got an atrix 2 running jb (stock leak 3). I want to dual boot it with cm11 but have some questions that I would like to have answered before I mess up with my phone.
I have installed bmm from play store.
In recovery I took a backup of cid but I dont know where its saved so first I'd like to copy it to SD card and by what name it's saved.
Second thing I want to know is that can I install ROM on first partition ? Because I read that I should keep 1st n 2nd partition for system.
And while partitioning sys4 I saw that minimum space for cache is 300 mb but I want it 50mb. How to reduce it?
the amount of data I give for 4th system will be reduced from 8gb of ROM? Because I currently have 5.x GB and 4 will be less for me so can't we install ROM on 1st or share data partition between 2.
And is there something else I need to take care of before I start?

Thanks in advance.
PS I've googled before posting these and have been familiar with an android before.

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

mithun23

Jan 27, 2013
Bangalore
I just got an atrix 2 running jb (stock leak 3). I want to dual boot it with cm11 but have some questions that I would like to have answered before I mess up with my phone.
In recovery I took a backup of cid but I dont know where its saved so first I'd like to copy it to SD card and by what name it's saved.
Second thing I want to know is that can I install ROM on first partition ? Because I read that I should keep 1st n 2nd partition for system.
And while partitioning sys4 I saw that minimum space for cache is 300 mb but I want it 50mb. How to reduce it?
the amount of data I give for 4th system will be reduced from 8gb of ROM? Because I currently have 5.x GB and 4 will be less for me so can't we install ROM on 1st or share data partition between 2.

Thanks in advance.
PS I've googled before posting these and have been familiar with an android before.

1. Cid backup can found here /sdcard/clockworkmod/firmwar...keep this copy in your computer just in case u format sdcard.
2. U can install ROM in system1..but just make sure after installing ROM and gapps...in bmm menu select system keeper and install bmm.
3. To my knowledge I guess 300mb is least apace for cache.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: siddharth1102

siddharth1102

May 23, 2012
new delhi
1. Cid backup can found here /sdcard/clockworkmod/firmwar...keep this copy in your computer just in case u format sdcard.
2. U can install ROM in system1..but just make sure after installing ROM and gapps...in bmm menu select system keeper and install bmm.

By system keeper do you mean selecting it as default boot partition? And I guess we can also do it afterwards by going into bmm again if not having bmm will still give us that android logo on boot.
Will cache also be used for data partition?
Thanks for fast reply :)

Reactions: mithun23

mithun23

Jan 27, 2013
Bangalore
By system keeper do you mean selecting it as default boot partition? And I guess we can also do it afterwards by going into bmm again if not having bmm will still give us that android logo on boot.

No...to install custom ROM (cm11) in system1...first u have to formats system data cache of sysytem1 in bmm..then u will install ROM gaps...so bmm will be deleted, then bmm tries to install itself by force ..but to be in safer side just install bmm in system keeper.

Reactions: siddharth1102

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance.

No...to install custom ROM (cm11) in system1...first u have to formats system data cache of sysytem1 in bmm..then u will install ROM gaps...so bmm will be deleted, then bmm tries to install itself by force ..but to be in safer side just install bmm in system keeper.