[Q] Cases that get rid of the fake-leather back

Search This thread
Are there cases out yet that make use of the space of the leather-back?

It is quite logical if you think it twice, i have a Spigen Neo Hybrid, although i love it, it makes the phone look like a tablet. The problem is, it covers everything around except the screen, so if a case does exactly that, why not get rid of pieces inside that take unnecessary space? Spigen would've cut 2-3mm out of the case if they did that...

I really like having a rough and tough handling phone, but i do not want to sacrifice volume space either, so is there anything that protects well and doesnt make a phone look like Robocop?

Greets

tennisshoeninja

Mar 23, 2008
Houston

It is quite logical if you think it twice, i have a Spigen Neo Hybrid, although i love it, it makes the phone look like a tablet. The problem is, it covers everything around except the screen, so if a case does exactly that, why not get rid of pieces inside that take unnecessary space? Spigen would've cut 2-3mm out of the case if they did that...

I really like having a rough and tough handling phone, but i do not want to sacrifice volume space either, so is there anything that protects well and doesnt make a phone look like Robocop?

Greets

have you seen the replacement backs?

like this

anhqn91

Dec 30, 2010
Portland

Greets

I bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/31088914192...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It covers the entire back, side, good grip on the side, and cover about 1mm of the front screen. I'm also having a tempered glass on and they both fit really well together.

I bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/31088914192...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It covers the entire back, side, good grip on the side, and cover about 1mm of the front screen. I'm also having a tempered glass on and they both fit really well together.

I'd be sold if it got rid of the leather-back, as for something like that, the Spigen Neo Hybrid is by far the most simplistic looking case i've encountered (with GOOD protection)

Anything metal will decrease signal perhaps GPS accuracy.

material type is not a prerequisite at all, but GRIP is, and metal probably wont help there either.

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
I'd be sold if it got rid of the leather-back, as for something like that, the Spigen Neo Hybrid is by far the most simplistic looking case i've encountered (with GOOD protection)

material type is not a prerequisite at all, but GRIP is, and metal probably wont help there either.

Why do you care about back cover if you will use protective case? for me am going to order UAG it looks good and most importantly will protect my phone very well.

mikemq2003

May 18, 2013
Tampa Bay

The Spigen Neo Hybrid is horrible protection wise. Maybe from scratches and such its good but once it falls on its corner the plastic bumper is done.
Why do you care about back cover if you will use protective case? for me am going to order UAG it looks good and most importantly will protect my phone very well.
Go for it. I have owned a lot of cases and the UAG is one of my favorites. Rugged and nice design. Fits like a glove with my tempered glass protector too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: darkshaft

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Spigen Neo Hybrid is horrible protection wise. Maybe from scratches and such its good but once it falls on its corner the plastic bumper is done.
    Go for it. I have owned a lot of cases and the UAG is one of my favorites. Rugged and nice design. Fits like a glove with my tempered glass protector too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk