APN Question

Search This thread

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
In "more" under mobile networks... Under APN, are these all supposed to NOT be checked?? TIA!

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400394434801.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400394434801.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 243

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Yeah and I got 5 options and none of em are selcted lol. I know nothing about APNs so I couldn't really comment on it. Curious myself.
uhujezap.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I restored a Nandroid and now it looks like this....

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400448006918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400448006918.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 145

ajr0312

Feb 3, 2014
Im still wondering why I only have one.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Took this from Wiki

A mobile device making a data connection must be configured with an APN to present to the carrier. The carrier will then examine this identifier to determine what type of network connection should be created, for example: what IP addresses should be assigned to the wireless device, what security methods should be used, and how or if, it should be connected to some private customer network

Makes sense, the APK is needed so you device can communicate it the carrier to determine which network your phone should connect with. Still not sure what the need is, for multiple APNs, but at least I understand now what there used for exactly. The past week, I've worked again in downtown Boston, and my phone had no issues with handing off from 3G to LTE. Unfortunately I can't say the same for when I'm at home about 4 miles away. Kinda sux really. I know this isn't the topic for this thread, but I'm just hoping Sprint fixes this Spark issue soon, cause it's extremely frustrating.

Anyway, for anyone who wants a bit more info on APNs, Judy check out the Wikipedia page.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Took this from Wiki

A mobile device making a data connection must be configured with an APN to present to the carrier. The carrier will then examine this identifier to determine what type of network connection should be created, for example: what IP addresses should be assigned to the wireless device, what security methods should be used, and how or if, it should be connected to some private customer network

Makes sense, the APK is needed so you device can communicate it the carrier to determine which network your phone should connect with. Still not sure what the need is, for multiple APNs, but at least I understand now what there used for exactly. The past week, I've worked again in downtown Boston, and my phone had no issues with handing off from 3G to LTE. Unfortunately I can't say the same for when I'm at home about 4 miles away. Kinda sux really. I know this isn't the topic for this thread, but I'm just hoping Sprint fixes this Spark issue soon, cause it's extremely frustrating.

Anyway, for anyone who wants a bit more info on APNs, Judy check out the Wikipedia page.

Ok, first BUCK FOSTON!!! hahaa ;)

Seriously though, I'm still confused as to why I have 3-4 APN configurations and some others her have less, and then I'm even more confused as to why none of mine are selected, yet data and stuff still work.... :confused:

Reactions: reverepats

Seriously though, I'm still confused as to why I have 3-4 APN configurations and some others her have less, and then I'm even more confused as to why none of mine are selected, yet data and stuff still work.... :confused:

I went into More Networks->Mobile Networks->Network mode and switched it to Automatic from LTE/CDMA and the device repopulated all of my APN entries during the reboot!

mnuttall87

Apr 29, 2014
Agreed, wish we could get some definitive answers on what the various APN settings are/what they are used for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took this from Wiki

1. Are any of the APN's selected?
    2. What's the difference between automatic and LTE/CDMA; are you still getting 3G + LTE?

APN EHRPD Internet is selected.

All data speeds work; 4g/LTE, 3g,

Send from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5
    This APN stuff is confusing as sh!+!!

That's a big 10-4!!!