[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Search This thread

FricoRico

Sep 23, 2010
So what is your next move Pershoot? Are you gonna eork on 10.1v comparability? Youvare making me anxious to try this :-ap

EDIT: My bad according to your blog its 10.1v compatle. Will try it now. Will also test 3g for you although I don't use it.

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
So what is your next move Pershoot? Are you gonna eork on 10.1v comparability? Youvare making me anxious to try this :-ap

EDIT: My bad according to your blog its 10.1v compatle. Will try it now. Will also test 3g for you although I don't use it.

if our ramdisk does not allow you to boot, please report back and i will implement contructing ramdisk on the fly (things to do list), so it will work for you.

FricoRico

Sep 23, 2010
if our ramdisk does not allow you to boot, please report back and i will implement contructing ramdisk on the fly (things to do list), so it will work for you.

I don't know if it's RamDisk but it doesn't boot that's for sure. Blue indicator LED does go off (didn't do that last time I tried your Kernel).

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
yea its probably the ramdisk.

can you send me your ramdisk from 'v'? ill send u a test (tomorrow night). pls pm me.

thx.

if you can get this to me within the next few mins, i can sort it (off to bed soon).

you can also send me your stock boot.img and i can pull it out myself.

abmcbride85

Nov 12, 2010
Spartanburg, SC
First boot took a few minutes. had me a little worried. Aafter that booted fine.I'll try it out and report any issues . Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
First boot took a few minutes. had me a little worried. Aafter that booted fine.I'll try it out and report any issues . Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

first boot should not take a few mins (after you see the samsung glow). either you have a lot of apps installed, or you may have inadvertantly cleared cache.

you can monitor it by doing a adb logcat while its booting.

to get to the animation (samsung with boot sound) may take a lil bit as the kernel is highly compressed (LZMA), so it needs to uncompress it in memory.

Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
if you can get this to me within the next few mins, i can sort it (off to bed soon).

you can also send me your stock boot.img and i can pull it out myself.

it could also be that you base offset differs (doubtbul). in that case, i can pass that param in too to get it sorted.

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
So this works with XBOX360 controllers? Does just the joystick function work, or are you able to map keys etc? Considering buying one if I can use it in games...

mark1962nc

Sep 17, 2010
A dumb question I'm sure........but

Do I need to install kernel modules or will everything be functional just flashing the zip?

I flashed the 6/24 kernel which worked pretty well (a few reboots and hangs that had already been reported). Wanted to update.

G

GuestK003

The modules are for developers. You don't need to install them. Just flash the kernel zip with CWM.

G

GuestK003

My question is: What should the advanced settings be set to in SetCPU to be 1.4 stable?

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
Just flashed this over the preview. Benchmarks are up nicely! Hitting 1900-2000 in Quadrant, 1700~ was my max before.

chatch15117

Jun 16, 2011
My Asus Transformer scores 4000 to 4250 in Quadrant but the 10.1 tab only gets 2000? Don't they have the same hardware?

And here is the weird part - the 10.1 has way better playback on youtube. 30fps on 720p while the Transformer only gets 5-10fps.

Is there a way to flash over to a Samsung ROM/Kernel? :3
Tegra2 is Tegra2, I don't know why it wouldn't work. The hardware specs are almost identical besides a couple plug&play devices(microSD, hdmi out)

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
Retail release was on 6/17.. This is FIRST Kernel that I've found for the 10.1

No real Custom ROMs yet either.. there is a DeOdex'ed Stock rom, but *shrug* Kernel + Custom ROM will bring the scores up, especially once they are tweaking the Graphics stuff..

My Epic 4G gets 2500 on Quad, but 1700 on the 10.1.. The 2D/3D scores kill the tab at this point.. I did, however, get 95MFLOPS on LinPack with the preview kernel.. Getting ready to flash the update here in a few..

My Asus Transformer scores 4000 to 4250 in Quadrant but the 10.1 tab only gets 2000? Don't they have the same hardware?

And here is the weird part - the 10.1 has way better playback on youtube. 30fps on 720p while the Transformer only gets 5-10fps.

Is there a way to flash over to a Samsung ROM/Kernel? :3
Tegra2 is Tegra2, I don't know why it wouldn't work. The hardware specs are almost identical besides a couple plug&play devices(microSD, hdmi out)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not planning on moving to cm10 next year. I'll try to get all tabs up on 10 by end of next week.
    this weekend ill have rom updates for cm9/10, then ill work towards getting everything uploaded in to mainline, while i wait for newer sources from samsung.
    as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.
    going to try to get another update out either tonight or tomorrow. want to update/patch more things.

pershoot neva sleeps! hehe.