Transfer data from iPhone to Galaxy S3?

Search This thread

TeeRoPrice

Jul 2, 2012
Hey everyone! This is my first post to xda. I have had an iPhone since it's first release. I've owned every generation up to the 4s. Anyway, I've finally decided to make the switch to Android. I think the Galaxy S3 is an incredible device and I am quickly falling in love with it. That being said, I am having a hard time finding a way to transfer my data from the iPhone to the S3. I would like to transfer my:

Contacts
Pictures
Messages (sms and mms)
Email accounts

I know that Samsung released an app for this named "Easy Phone Sync", but it is only available in the UK to download. Other similar apps only seem to sync itunes music and play lists. And not the contacts or messages. Could anyone please help me on how to make this switch? I'd really appreciate it. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Jmayorga96

Apr 9, 2012
Heredia
If you said the Samsung app is only available in UK, google the apk and install it yourself

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

TeeRoPrice

Jul 2, 2012
Thank you for your fast reply. I did try this and wasn't able to find the apk to install.

jasonbrr

Jul 1, 2012
easyphonesync dot com

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galaxysync.android.app however it says it cannot be installed in my country. UK only. :/

I use a Mac and had my contacts synced to Address Book, so I ended up syncing that with google. That takes care of the contacts. Could also copy the contacts to the sim, if youre going to use the same sim.

Photos I had syncing with iphoto, so if I want I could just copy the pictures to Dropbox and copy them over to the phone.

Email accounts I just put them in manually. @me accounts can work with imap and is working on my device.

SMS/MMS I lost which isnt a big deal for me.

*edited for the apps not working outside the UK.

Last edited:

TeeRoPrice

Jul 2, 2012
It says it is only available for download in the UK. It won't let me download. Is there a way to be able to download UK apps?

sabre31

Aug 28, 2010
On your PC do a sync with itunes from your iPhone, and also do a back up in case your iPhone backups to iCloud.

Once you have that done download and install Samsung Kies it should detect you have an apple device backup and it will read that in and allow you to transfer the items you ask for into your Samsung galaxy s3 phone. This is the easiest way. No need to download any other apps.

Reactions: ahfu25

ahfu25

Dec 10, 2006
Queens
On your PC do a sync with itunes from your iPhone, and also do a back up in case your iPhone backups to iCloud.

Once you have that done download and install Samsung Kies it should detect you have an apple device backup and it will read that in and allow you to transfer the items you ask for into your Samsung galaxy s3 phone. This is the easiest way. No need to download any other apps.

For music its not so good. The transfer speed is slooooooow..lol

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
Music I would do it through the itunes, air twist in angroid. The contacts I would import them to Gmail account since android is based on google. Pictures can be upload. To the cloud. Other options is that any authorized store can sync everything on your phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.