[Q] Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum Root Help (PMP5297C_QUAD)

Search This thread

ReNZoRUK

Feb 25, 2011
London
[ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED! - Download and use "ROOT Genius" to root this particular brand of tablet. I have personally tested it and can confirm it works on Firmware revisions: v1.0.07 and v1.0.9! Thanks to "brugos" for finding the fix and bringing it to my attention!]

Hey guys

I do hope I have posted this question in the correct forum, if not I do apologise.

As you can probably tell from the title, I am looking for a way to root my 9.7 inch Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7 tablet (Model: PMP5297C_QUAD).

I have been looking for a way to root this since December, and even though I have found several articles (non English) explaining how to root this device (and have been through all the relevant threads I could find regarding my device on XDA), all of the guides have been for firmware v1.0.3 - my tablet is v1.0.7. I went ahead and tried it anyway, and although CWM installed and launched fine, installing the SuperSU binary via CWM did nothing. It installs, but nothing appears in Android when I reboot, and installing SuperSU from Play Store alerts me that the SuperSU binaries are not installed.

I tried "Kingo Android ROOT" and that wouldn't even detect the device, which isn't surprising as it isn't listed on their website. However somebody on a similar thread (on XDA) suggested that the OP (who has the same tablet as myself) at least try it. I did try it, and sadly it doesn't work.

Device information:
Prestigio MultiPad 4 Quantum 9.7" Tablet
Model Number: PMP5297C_QUAD
Firmware: v1.0.7 (December 2013)
FW Build Number: PMP5297C_QUAD_20131204_V1.0.7
Android Version: 4.2.2

If there is anybody out there who has any idea what to try, then I am willing to listen. If anybody needs any other information, I am more than willing to give it :)

Cheers guys

Last edited:

brugos

Apr 22, 2014
Olsztyn
Prestigio multipad 4 quantum 9.7

The same here..trying to find a way to root for the new firmware...still haven't got anything...

ReNZoRUK

Feb 25, 2011
London
Yeah... doesn't seem to be a very popular brand of tablet :/ Which is a shame as its pretty damn snappy with the v1.0.7 firmware. I wanna get a resolution changer to work, but none I have tried will work without rooting. Only wanna drop the res for better gaming framerates lol :)

brugos

Apr 22, 2014
Olsztyn
yeah agree...doesn't seem very popular... I guess we should wait some time more.... did you try rooting with the old firmware and then updating to the new firmware? I guess it wouldn't work anyway....

ReNZoRUK

Feb 25, 2011
London
Nope... from past experience rooting phones updating the firmware breaks the root as v1.0.7 replaced the entire OS if I remember...

Tried the root for v1.0.3 while using v1.0.7... ClockWorkMod installed and works fine, but the SuperSU binary doesn't work/install :( It was a gamble incase it screwed anything up but luckily it didn't - however, it also didn't work :(

And yeah, looks like we will need to wait a while longer... I do hope someone out there somewhere knows what to do lol :) Just gotta find them or wait for them to find us lol :)

brugos

Apr 22, 2014
Olsztyn
Hey dude...you still haven't find root? If not try with root genious... I got root now on my tablet...running the latest firmware 1.0.9

Regards!

Reactions: ReNZoRUK

ReNZoRUK

Feb 25, 2011
London
Ah man! You are AMAZING! lol

I almost gave up trying to find a root - until now!

I had no idea that there was a new FW released a few weeks back, just updated it and downloaded "ROOT Genius" - worked first time!

Excellent work there dude, thank you so much and thank you for taking the time to share it with me, and the rest of the people out there who have been in the same situation as us who are still looking for a fix!

Now we have it! Excellent work! :D

brugos

Apr 22, 2014
Olsztyn
You welcome!

Just curious what are you going to do to your tablet having root now? :)
Do you know if there is any posibility to install any rom or something like that?
Also knowing Prestigio I guess would be hard to find some updates hmmm

ReNZoRUK

Feb 25, 2011
London
Hey man

Well the main reason I wanted to root first of all was to adjust the resolution of the display, it has a beautiful high resolution display as you know but some games... the FPS leave a lot to be desired. After doing some reading, some posts suggested lowering the display resolution to increase FPS - and the only way to do that was to root the device.

I did try one app, but it went a bit wrong lol. I was hoping it would readjust the resolution and resize the interface accordingly... instead it ended up changing the resolution, but the interface stayed MASSIVE. The device was inoperable and keep getting a "UI Error" constantly popping up making it unusable at all lol. Had to reflash and re-root so I am looking for another option ;)

Beyond that, I have used custom ROMs in the past on my Android phones, but as far as I know, I believe there is only one ROM out there for our tablet and its based on CyanogenMOD I think... I may be wrong, but I thought I read something somewhere about it. Apart from that though, I am not really sure what else I will do now it is rooted :) Will open the door to some other apps for certain, but the OS itself seems fine and since the new firmware (v1.0.9) - it feels even faster than before! :)

What do you have in mind? :)

brugos

Apr 22, 2014
Olsztyn
Yeah I noticed the issue of FPS in some games.... Well I didn't do many things yet I instaled Xposed and some modules.... and also I removed the navingation bar...is just that I dont like the way the navigation bar and status bar are together... thats why I was searching for another rom also which could have not the Ice cream sandwich bar.
I've found this: crewrktablets.arctablet.com where there are some roms with kit kat that may be work for our tablet but nothing confirmed yet...so I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it :)

and yeah with the new firmware is much faster thats cool.... but I'm almost sure will be forever in 4.2.2 :D

yoyo97

Sep 8, 2012
Hello,

I really cant install drivers to windows OS (Win 8). I downloaded official drivers from prestigio website: http://www.prestigio.com/news/firmware_updates/New_Firmware_Update_for_MultiPad_4_Quantum_9_7
I tried all whats saying in manual but without a success. Is there another way do update to 1.0.7? Can i flash the image in recovery?

Have a nice day :)
Same problem. I can't get working driver for windows 10. Is it even posssible to upgrade my firmware on win 10? And btw DyXen there is already version 1.0.9 , maybe try that one. http://de05.dl.prestigio.com/Service_Files/TabletPC/PMP5297C_QUAD/PMP5297C_20140425_v1.0.9.zip

DyXen

Nov 20, 2014
Tnx for this update :)

but its also useless cuz first i need to install drivers :S

yoyo97

Sep 8, 2012

You've got some drivers here: http://storage29-free.uloz.to/Ps;Hs...7c-cwm-v6-0-3-zip?bD&c=1822785863&De&redirs=1
It's also root and cwm. But there is driver folder too. Even for windows 8. It might work.
Here are some instructions maybe you did something wrong :D
1. On tablet set the usb-connection-style to 'mass storage'. Settings, Memory-3 dots in the upper right corner- choose Mass storage
2. Turn off the tablet.
3. Connect the usb cable with PC and tablet.
4. HOLD DOWN the (volume +) key and turn the device on(still holding the vol.+) until you get a notice(driver not successfuly installed) on your PC.
5. Use the Manual(found in the downloaded folder) to install a proper driver. Or.: Go to Start-My Computer-Right click on it-Properties-Device Manager-Other devices-Unknown device-Update Driver- In the window browse the computer for the specific driver(that's why you need to know your systems pc)

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: DyXen

DyXen

Nov 20, 2014
You've got some drivers here: http://storage29-free.uloz.to/Ps;Hs...7c-cwm-v6-0-3-zip?bD&c=1822785863&De&redirs=1
It's also root and cwm. But there is driver folder too. Even for windows 8. It might work.
1. On tablet set the usb-connection-style to 'mass storage'. Settings, Memory-3 dots in the upper right corner- choose Mass storage
2. Turn off the tablet.
4. HOLD DOWN the (volume +) key and turn the device on(still holding the vol.+) until you get a notice(driver not successfuly installed) on your PC.
5. Use the Manual(found in the downloaded folder) to install a proper driver. Or.: Go to Start-My Computer-Right click on it-Properties-Device Manager-Other devices-Unknown device-Update Driver- In the window browse the computer for the specific driver(that's why you need to know your systems pc)

Good luck.

Ok, i tried those drivers too but no success. I think maybe i need other OS.
I have developers options ON and USB debugging turned ON. (I think that should be turned ON)

P.S. I changed to mass storage and program did recognize the tablet but when i clciked switch (tablet turned OFF) and then it did not recognize anymore - i think problems with drivers.

DyXen

Nov 20, 2014
Update to 1.0.9

Hello again,

I finally made it :)

Here is the thing:

1) Download this update (1.0.9): http://de05.dl.prestigio.com/Service_Files/TabletPC/PMP5297C_QUAD/PMP5297C_20140425_v1.0.9.zip from @yoyo97 (thanks)

2) Dont use drivers in folder /Drivers_x32 or /Drivers_x64
Instead go to /tools/Driver (and use this one x86 or x64 - depends on your OS)

3) Follow instructions in manual:
start RKBatchTool.exe and if icon is not green click Switch. Wait for tablet to shutdown and you should get green icon. (if this doesnt help turn off your tablet manualy and press AND hold volume + button for about 6-7 seconds DONT release and plug in USB cable then you should get notification on windows and green icon in RKBatchTool.exe)

4) Choose the firmware image and click upgrade.

5) let the software do the trick

6) profit :)

7) for rooting i used an android app called kingo root https://www.kingoapp.com/ just download the app on tablet. When you start it just click root and let the app do the trick.
After around 2-4min your tablet should be rooted.

I was using windows 7 (x86)

If you need any information please let me know and I will be glad to help :)

Have a nice day,
DyXen

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyo97

hyderaly

Mar 22, 2006
Hi DyXen
Tried it all, but cannot get rockusb.inf to work on Windows 10 64-bit. I see two devices in my device manager after connecting the tablet, POrtable Device PMP5297C_QUAD and Android Composite ADB Interface. Have tried forcing the bundled Win8 x64 rockusb.inf on to both devices but keep getting "The folder you specified does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems."

I have also tried DriverAssistant v4.4 and it installed the drivers OK.

Even tried copying the IMG and ZIP files to SD card and applying via recovery. Nothing works. My tablet is still stuck on 1.0.3 and is sluggish as a snail. Some help will be greatly appreciated.

kompjuterija

Sep 7, 2016
Hi DyXen
Tried it all, but cannot get rockusb.inf to work on Windows 10 64-bit. I see two devices in my device manager after connecting the tablet, POrtable Device PMP5297C_QUAD and Android Composite ADB Interface. Have tried forcing the bundled Win8 x64 rockusb.inf on to both devices but keep getting "The folder you specified does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64 based systems."

I have also tried DriverAssistant v4.4 and it installed the drivers OK.

Even tried copying the IMG and ZIP files to SD card and applying via recovery. Nothing works. My tablet is still stuck on 1.0.3 and is sluggish as a snail. Some help will be greatly appreciated.
The same problem I have with Multipad 4 Quantum 9.7 !!! No one driver is acceptable, no one method also. tablet is just frozen, only boot loader working but does not accept any update!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey dude...you still haven't find root? If not try with root genious... I got root now on my tablet...running the latest firmware 1.0.9

Regards!

2. Turn off the tablet.

Good luck.
    Update to 1.0.9

Hello again,

I finally made it :)

Here is the thing:

1) Download this update (1.0.9): http://de05.dl.prestigio.com/Service_Files/TabletPC/PMP5297C_QUAD/PMP5297C_20140425_v1.0.9.zip from @yoyo97 (thanks)

2) Dont use drivers in folder /Drivers_x32 or /Drivers_x64
    Instead go to /tools/Driver (and use this one x86 or x64 - depends on your OS)

3) Follow instructions in manual:
    start RKBatchTool.exe and if icon is not green click Switch. Wait for tablet to shutdown and you should get green icon. (if this doesnt help turn off your tablet manualy and press AND hold volume + button for about 6-7 seconds DONT release and plug in USB cable then you should get notification on windows and green icon in RKBatchTool.exe)

4) Choose the firmware image and click upgrade.

5) let the software do the trick

6) profit :)

7) for rooting i used an android app called kingo root https://www.kingoapp.com/ just download the app on tablet. When you start it just click root and let the app do the trick.
    After around 2-4min your tablet should be rooted.

I was using windows 7 (x86)

If you need any information please let me know and I will be glad to help :)

Have a nice day,
    DyXen