{DVSARM1, 1300},

<in file s5pc110-dvfs.c>
/* frequency */
static struct cpufreq_frequency_table s5pc110_freq_table_1GHZ[] = {
{L0, 1200*1000},

<in file s5pc110-clock.c>
/*APLL_FOUT, MPLL_FOUT, ARMCLK, HCLK_DSYS*/
static const u32 s5p_sysout_clk_tab_1GHZ[][4] = {
// APLL:1000,ARMCLK:1000,HCLK_MSYS:200,MPLL:667,HCLK_DSYS:166,HCLK_PSYS:133,PCLK_MSYS:100,PCLK_DSYS:83,PCLK_PSYS:66
{1200* MHZ, 667 *MHZ, 1200 *MHZ, 166 *MHZ},

/*pms value table*/
/*APLL(m, p, s), MPLL(m, p, s)*/
static const u32 s5p_sys_clk_mps_tab_1GHZ[][6] = {
{300, 6, 1, 667, 12, 1},

Then compile to zImage and flash it with ODIN.
I will not upload my zImage file because it's for M110S.

If someone find best rates and ARM voltage for upper clock, leave it here. :)

Last edited:

INeedYourHelp

Mar 28, 2010
:D THANK YOU..... now just have to wait for someone smarter then me to actually do it and post the file, lol.

dseo80

May 13, 2010
For best battery life and less stress to CPU someone should try to find lowest VDD which supports high frequency.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Here is one I compiled. I didn't just change the 1ghz but added a the 1.2ghz as an extra speed.

This is COMPLETELY untested. I'm not really much of a coder.
This MAY brick your device. If you know how to unbrick a SGS that has been flashed with a bad kernel, then you can try it. This is VIBRANT only (as that's the code that I had on my laptop at the time.)
I am not responsible for any damages to your phone. Please, please, please, ONLY flash this if you know how to recover from a bad kernel.

ONLY CLICK HERE IF YOU READ AND AGREED WITH THE WARNING IN RED!!!

trancelated

Jul 15, 2010
London
Why the hell would anyone want to overclock their phone?

If you just want to destroy the phone, dont do it. donate it instead.

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna

who tells you the phone would be destroyed from OC? sure it really needs to be tested through stress tests and the first people to try will be endangered to brick, but normally the cpu is failing and freezing when it gets too hot. on the i7500 we have overclocking from 528mhz to 710mhz and most of the devices run fine with that. however some devices can only be clocked to 614mhz without freezing which is due their cpus are not that good quality, but never we had any user reporting a grilled cpu. however we have to be carefully with voltages (what actually causes cpu grilling) to not raise them to much.

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
Here is one I compiled. I didn't just change the 1ghz but added a the 1.2ghz as an extra speed.

This is COMPLETELY untested. I'm not really much of a coder.
This MAY brick your device. If you know how to unbrick a SGS that has been flashed with a bad kernel, then you can try it. This is VIBRANT only (as that's the code that I had on my laptop at the time.)
I am not responsible for any damages to your phone. Please, please, please, ONLY flash this if you know how to recover from a bad kernel.

ONLY CLICK HERE IF YOU READ AND AGREED WITH THE WARNING IN RED!!!

your kernel is only 2.6mb in size while all the stock and other kernels are about 5mb. if i compile the kernel source myself i also get only about 2.6, any idea why? missing modules in the image maybe?

thank you!

edit: sorry for the off topic post...

dseo80

May 13, 2010
your kernel is only 2.6mb in size while all the stock and other kernels are about 5mb. if i compile the kernel source myself i also get only about 2.6, any idea why? missing modules in the image maybe?

thank you!

You need initramfs

gravityz3r0

Jun 29, 2010
actuallly im more interested in saving battery life by underclocking and undervolting the phone. Is it possible also?

Or at least remain at 1Ghz but with voltage lowered.

If anyone found the best combination please share :D

Last edited:

drygmasken

Dec 12, 2008
My HTC Hero i OC all the time to 710Mhz no problems. It def got more "snappy".

To UC my Galaxy I use SetCPU. min 200 and max 400 when screen off.
Maybe I'll save som battery!?.
With screen on i use min 800 and max 1000.

Would be nice to run the Galaxy at 1.2Ghz.

xedamen

Jul 19, 2010
Hi all! I'm in Europe, and I have a Galaxy S. I saw in the 4th post, that it's working only on Vibrant. I just wanna ask, it's working on Europe version Galaxy S?

Thanks, and great work :)

bratfink

Feb 8, 2010
London
Development

Due to samsungs own dev team pretty much dominating ROM development, Kernals seem like a good place for the great minds at XDA to do what they do best! I really do hope that kernal development kicks off for the SGS as im used to haveing OC with UV on my N1 and really enjoyed the advantages these gave me. I hope someone with more tech knowledge can chuck together a OC Kernal for the SGS sometime soon :D...

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007

thank you!

As mentioned above, this is the kernel only, not the whole package. I didn't have time to set up the whole thing. I compiled that at 4 in the morning and was too tired to throw it all together. I've got a lot of work to do (irl) but maybe I'll get some more time later tomorrow to work on making something more flashable.

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
As mentioned above, this is the kernel only, not the whole package. I didn't have time to set up the whole thing. I compiled that at 4 in the morning and was too tired to throw it all together. I've got a lot of work to do (irl) but maybe I'll get some more time later tomorrow to work on making something more flashable.

yeah, initramfs is not in your zImage :) ... after some reading i got it working with leshak's initramfs (http://github.com/leshak/i9000-leshak-initramfs). now i have a kernel which is about the right size (5.8 MB) i have't had time to flash it yet tho

MZWiZard

Jan 7, 2010
This is really interesting - Imagining that one day it could be possible to overclock when gaming and hard multitasking and underclock/undervolt when needed to save battery!!

Im subscribing to this topic! :D

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
I've got a Vibrant Kernel up and running with initramfs and should be releasing it tonight. I'll add in more changes like OC/UV in the future.

Prankey

Jun 24, 2008
infcloud.in

Hehe feel like laughing at you! I am overclocking almost all my devices (read - target all of them if I can) and I never had a device brick or cause any issue except for the temporary instability if I overdo it. This is how I test and use my hardware. Way to go. Once I learn how to compile these kernels, I will see what best speeds I could go before the phone becomes unstable.