[Q] qTek S100 improvements

Search This thread

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
Hello guys!

I own a qTek S100 that was once a TMN cell phone, but now is unlocked and is using a Vodafone Portugal sim card. As you know, the phone is equipped with the Windows Mobile 2003, and its version is:
4.21.1088 (Build 15045.2.6.0)

The ROM of the device is:
1.12.00 WWE

What do you, experts, advise, to improve this cell phone, and make it even better than it already is?

Apps, ROMs, and everything you know better than I do, are welcome!!!

Thank you in advance!

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
Hello guys!

I own a qTek S100 that was once a TMN cell phone, but now is unlocked and is using a Vodafone Portugal sim card. As you know, the phone is equipped with the Windows Mobile 2003, and its version is:

1.12.00 WWE

What do you, experts, advise, to improve this cell phone, and make it even better than it already is?

Thank you in advance!

You can try Cotulla's Wm6.1 ROMS

and you can also trash that racist vodafone scumbags and pick a real SP :D

Reactions: MGuedes

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
Thanks for your answer, Riki! I never thought about that connection! Quite interesting!

Anyway, I'm a bit afraid of trying Cotulla's ROM because perhaps it wouldn't work, and then I'd lose my cell phone.. Do you think it's safe to try it? Isn't there too much of a risk?

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Thanks for your answer, Riki! I never thought about that connection! Quite interesting!

Anyway, I'm a bit afraid of trying Cotulla's ROM because perhaps it wouldn't work, and then I'd lose my cell phone.. Do you think it's safe to try it? Isn't there too much of a risk?

I guess, you just live to follow and understand instructions given by Cotulla to succeed to flash ROMS Wm6.1

Reactions: MGuedes

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
Well, thanks.

Lately, my qTek is facing a problem. I don't have any call sounds. I can't hear people talking to me, and neither can I hear the call tones when I'm calling someone. All the other sounds are audible.

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
Well, thanks.

Lately, my qTek is facing a problem. I don't have any call sounds. I can't hear people talking to me, and neither can I hear the call tones when I'm calling someone. All the other sounds are audible.

I have that problem too on my 2nd hand Magician, I've bought it that way because I'm using this a test device.

------------

Eu comprei o meu S100 já com esse problema, se for o mesmo problema do meu então deve ser a coluna interna do telefone avariada. Este telemovel tem duas colunas de som, uma normal por exemplo que é utilizada pelo Windows media player, e a outra que é utilizada pelo telefone. Tenta o seguinte, quando fizeres ou receberes uma chamada, coloca-a em alta-voz (pressiona longamente o botao verde para atenderes em alta-voz) e confirma se assim já consegues ouvir. Se conseguires, é a coluna interna do telefone que avariou. Há um tipo no Algarve que arranja isso, mas cobra ainda um pouco carote, e tens de enviar pelo correio. Eu não enviei porque o meu magician já tem montes de probs e eu uso isto para outras coisas que não telefonar ;) Um abraço

------------

About the radio version, I recommend you continue to use 1.12.00, I have it instead of 1.13 because Cotulla ROM's only work on 1.12 and since I'm always changing between 6.1 and wm2003, I always leave it with 1.12

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
I have that problem too on my 2nd hand Magician, I've bought it that way because I'm using this a test device.

------------

Eu comprei o meu S100 já com esse problema, se for o mesmo problema do meu então deve ser a coluna interna do telefone avariada. Este telemovel tem duas colunas de som, uma normal por exemplo que é utilizada pelo Windows media player, e a outra que é utilizada pelo telefone. Tenta o seguinte, quando fizeres ou receberes uma chamada, coloca-a em alta-voz (pressiona longamente o botao verde para atenderes em alta-voz) e confirma se assim já consegues ouvir. Se conseguires, é a coluna interna do telefone que avariou. Há um tipo no Algarve que arranja isso, mas cobra ainda um pouco carote, e tens de enviar pelo correio. Eu não enviei porque o meu magician já tem montes de probs e eu uso isto para outras coisas que não telefonar ;) Um abraço

------------

About the radio version, I recommend you continue to use 1.12.00, I have it instead of 1.13 because Cotulla ROM's only work on 1.12 and since I'm always changing between 6.1 and wm2003, I always leave it with 1.12

Thanks.. Since I hear all the other noises, it's probably the call-speaker that is malfunctioning.. Anyway, since the last time I came here, that speaker came back to life and now is dead again, so, I just carry a pair of headphones on my pocket, that I use whenever I want to call or answer people.. It's a bit annoying because the wires keep tangling up, but has its advantages..

If you flash Cotulla's ROMs, you can then return to WM2003?

And besides those ROMs, what more do you advise me to do?

I have at home one of those Samsung Vodafone 360 M1, which was offered to me by a magazine to which I collaborate. But that SO (LiMo) is buggy as hell, so, it's now in my desk, on my room, with no use.. And with 90% of my contacts, because I couldn't find a clever way to pass them to the qTek again..

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
Thanks.. Since I hear all the other noises, it's probably the call-speaker that is malfunctioning.. Anyway, since the last time I came here, that speaker came back to life and now is dead again, so, I just carry a pair of headphones on my pocket, that I use whenever I want to call or answer people.. It's a bit annoying because the wires keep tangling up, but has its advantages..

If you flash Cotulla's ROMs, you can then return to WM2003?

And besides those ROMs, what more do you advise me to do?

I have at home one of those Samsung Vodafone 360 M1, which was offered to me by a magazine to which I collaborate. But that SO (LiMo) is buggy as hell, so, it's now in my desk, on my room, with no use.. And with 90% of my contacts, because I couldn't find a clever way to pass them to the qTek again..

Speaker back to life! :D

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
Sorry about the late reply, but Android is now the king!:D anyways that also happens to me, it's because of a red switch located on the right side of the phone, when you remove the battery.my solution was to put a piece of paper so it doesn't hard reset.good luck!

Sent from my Boston using xda app-developers app

MGuedes

Mar 24, 2011
Porto, Portugal
Sorry about the late reply, but Android is now the king!:D anyways that also happens to me, it's because of a red switch located on the right side of the phone, when you remove the battery.my solution was to put a piece of paper so it doesn't hard reset.good luck!

Sent from my Boston using xda app-developers app

Oh.. Thanks anyway! :D

asim.sidz

Well, thanks.

I had this same problem years ago. The device has two speakers. One at the back for the multimedia purposes and the other one at the top front for hearing calls. The front speaker got damaged and i had to get it replaced at a local shop. Then it worked like a charm!

And that ROM works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys!

1.12.00 WWE

Thank you in advance!

You can try Cotulla's Wm6.1 ROMS

and you can also trash that racist vodafone scumbags and pick a real SP :D

I guess, you just live to follow and understand instructions given by Cotulla to succeed to flash ROMS Wm6.1