[Q] Samsung Perks for Canadian Users, esp. Google Play Credits

Search This thread

x0pht

May 6, 2013
Toronto
This has probably been asked before, but I failed to find a definite answer. My apologies in advance if this is indeed the case.

I'm wondering if any Canadian user has successfully at least obtain the redeem code from Samsung upon registering their Tab Pros? I've tried logging into my Samsung account on Galaxy Apps, registering on Samsung US site with a Gmail address but to no avail. Didn't even receive a "Thank you for registering your Samsung device" confirmation as someone stated.

This has led the paranoid me to suspect that the tab I've got is a resealed open box, though I do not see any obvious evidence except that the charger was not in place and the cover for the microSD slot was not perfectly closed when I opened the package. (EDIT: speaking of the charger and slot cover, has one of these happened to anyone?)

Any reply will be really appreciated! :confused:

Last edited:

x0pht

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Canadians don't get the Google Play $25 credit. :(

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply dodo99x. :) Just would like to clarify, we don't even receive the redeem code, is that correct? The reason I'm asking this is because I do know that the code cannot be redeemed on a google account outside US if we somehow obtain the code. But do we even get any email confirmation from Samsung?

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Nope nothing from Samsung at all. I confirmed this going though the Samsung rep on their Facebook page. We can download anything in Samsung Perks section of the Samsung App store, and we get the extra 50gb storage on Dropbox.

Reactions: x0pht

x0pht

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Nope nothing from Samsung at all. I confirmed this going though the Samsung rep on their Facebook page. We can download anything in Samsung Perks section of the Samsung App store, and we get the extra 50gb storage on Dropbox.

Thank you for confirming it, dodo! Really appreciate it! :good:

I'd been worrying about it being a resealed open box (bought it at Staples) after finding those little pieces of "evidence". This should help put my OCD mind at ease. :silly:

EDIT: yeah i did get the extra 50gb on dropbox.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canadians don't get the Google Play $25 credit. :(