[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][d2SPR] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
My battery is horrible I got 4hrs and at 59% haven't even used it that much is it kitkat causing the issue?

This is with dkp kernel (sioplus/freelunch). You have to have some app that's killing your battery or screen on bright?

Attachments

• 1399820760555.jpg
    1399820760555.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 151

Nesiop

Mar 19, 2009
This is with dkp kernel (sioplus/freelunch). You have to have some app that's killing your battery or screen on bright?

Do you ever have weird freezing issues with DKP Kernel? His latest seems to hang up on me every once and awhile and I have to hold power to force a shut down.

Also, does anyone have issues trying to flash any version of KToonz kernels? Mine ALWAYS hang on the boot screen. Tried KernelCleaner.zip and also tried without, and done it after multiple different nightlies of the ROM. Cleaned Dalvik and Cache as well.

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
Do you ever have weird freezing issues with DKP Kernel? His latest seems to hang up on me every once and awhile and I have to hold power to force a shut down.

Also, does anyone have issues trying to flash any version of KToonz kernels? Mine ALWAYS hang on the boot screen. Tried KernelCleaner.zip and also tried without, and done it after multiple different nightlies of the ROM. Cleaned Dalvik and Cache as well.

Never have any freezing issues. Not ever. I used KTKernel for a while, but haven't in probably six months or so.

For dkp, are you undervolting or anything like that?

Genesius01

Jul 5, 2013

Never been able to get his kernel to work on my phone. Gets to the boot screen and just sits. I've let it sit for 20 minutes and it never gets any further.

Personally, I prefer Quantum kernel. I get better AnTuTu scores with that than any other kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dark_N1ghtmar3

Mar 5, 2013

I tried kt also yesterday wouldn't install for me usually works fine but only with this ROM wouldn't work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I have checked to see if any apps were killing my battery and none were not sure what's going on battery says healthy but how do you even check the health of the battery

Dark_N1ghtmar3

Mar 5, 2013
My battery drains like crazy no apps r really open screen is on low brightness and deep sleep mode isn't even doing much I haven't hady phone on for a hour yet and its at 80 percent I'm using dkp kernal its draining crazy fast trying a calibration not really working got better battery on moar ROM but this I don't understand y such a drastic change

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
I've tried unvdervolting and not. Which release of DKP you running?

Some of these kernels are made for TW make sure you don't use one of those versions.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

My battery drains like crazy no apps r really open screen is on low brightness and deep sleep mode isn't even doing much I haven't hady phone on for a hour yet and its at 80 percent I'm using dkp kernal its draining crazy fast trying a calibration not really working got better battery on moar ROM but this I don't understand y such a drastic change

Do you have a bunch of media (mp3s, pictures, videos, etc) on either your internal or external sd card? On first boot all of it will be scanned and it both takes forever and chews up battery.

Install GSam Battery Monitor from the play store and you'll find out what's going on.

Last edited:

Dark_N1ghtmar3

Mar 5, 2013

Some of these kernels are made for TW make sure you don't use one of those versions.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Do you have a bunch of media (mp3s, pictures, videos, etc) on either your internal or external sd card? On first bit all of it will be scanned and it both takes forever and chews up battery.

Install GSam Battery Monitor from the play store and you'll find out what's going on.

I already use gsam and no videos or mp3s

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
This screen should show you where your battery is being used.

Attachments

• 1399945887627.jpg
    1399945887627.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 159

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
Sorry, Vol blocked that Screenie...

I get 12 hrs of normal use...

Attachments

• 1399946042800.jpg
    1399946042800.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 149

trouinky

Jul 29, 2008
Here's detail...

And you don't have something else besides media or system killing the battery?

Attachments

• 1399946200901.jpg
    1399946200901.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 138

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011
Would love to try out this ROM but the last two nightlies (5/11 and 5/12) fail on install.

I've checked the MD5, ensured that I've erased my cache, etc.

Is there a verified stable build I can try or something else?

I have a Sprint Samsung GS3 - this is the right ROM yes?

Thanks.

Dark_N1ghtmar3

Mar 5, 2013
Would love to try out this ROM but the last two nightlies (5/11 and 5/12) fail on install.

Thanks.

Worked fine for me

draexo

Thanks.

Yes.

No problems here. Is this a clean install?

Sent from my awesome S3

markinsf

Jan 1, 2011
Yes.

No problems here. Is this a clean install?

Sent from my awesome S3

Yes... I was running MOAR and Philz Touch. Did a wipe and fact reset + wipe and install new ROM.

I did find that the error I'm experiencing may be related to using an older version of Philz Touch (I'm on 5). Tried to get ver. 6 but Goo appears to be down. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][d2SPR] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Sprint, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    [ROM][D2SPR][4.1.2][05DEC2012]PAC-man V18.0.0 | All-In-One | PA-2.55 | AOKP-M1 | CM10

Original OP
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator
    I will be taking over this thread when I release the next build. Thanks for the bug reports. The kernel will get updated with this update to remove the wake lock. The 3g to lte handoff has been fixed on the latest nightly and I will be putting fix into the update. I got my github setup last night for the vendor files. I've gotta pull and new stuff over and add in my fixes and will build soon. Need some time to look into bugs but keep them coming cause the more bugs reported the more I can try to fix.

XDA Moderator
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator

Thanks papa. I'll provide all my resources and info to him. You all will be well taken care of.

Thank you again to all supporters. It's been an awesome ride! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2