[Q] iOcean X7 experiences, opinions

Search This thread

natkingcole

Jun 3, 2012
I'm planning to buy one of these incredibly cheap FullHD phones,too
The are the Neo N003, the UMi X2 and the iOcean X7 (favorite). Of course you can purchase them from outside of china with aliexpress or Taobao agents (+Commision fees and shipping). Still a BIG BANG for the buck!

The are not available, yet. But soon (end of March or beginning of april). Please do not Pre-Order! The prices are much higher than (80-100% more) in china and never ever pre order with aliexpress! Only order when it's really available.
I hope that a lot of developpers will get one of these phones, too.

Reactions: Tomsawhun

apad

Dec 5, 2007
Batu Caves
I've order one from aliexpress for USD 235, a lot pricier but within range with all mediatek quad core phone there. The seller promised early April.

From the specs, look like a promising phone eventhough it look like oppo find.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

apad

Dec 5, 2007
Batu Caves
I just got mine yesterday. Everything is fine except the plastic body is flexing too much on each button. The speed was not too snappy but acceptable. The screen was the winning attributes, leaving everyone wondering is this China phone :rolleyes:

Sent from my iOCEAN X7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nebajoth

Jun 11, 2011
Got mine a couple days ago. Running miui v5, tried a couple of the other roms floating around. Does not come rooted, but is easily rooted. All roms tried so far have a little difficulty pushing video to the fhd screen but its not terrible, just a ms of latency during complete screen changes - in non-swipey activities its perfect. Am in Canada, and the only cellular carrier it will connect to (via 2g) is Rogers. The thin plastic case makes the phone feel very light, but it is a very attractive phone, especially with the bright hd display. The backlight behind the soft keys (menu, home, back) is a little dim and maybe not centered properly on my unit.

Sent from my G9 using xda premium

lordsanny

Nov 14, 2010
Got mine a couple days ago. Running miui v5, tried a couple of the other roms floating around. Does not come rooted, but is easily rooted. All roms tried so far have a little difficulty pushing video to the fhd screen but its not terrible, just a ms of latency during complete screen changes - in non-swipey activities its perfect. Am in Canada, and the only cellular carrier it will connect to (via 2g) is Rogers. The thin plastic case makes the phone feel very light, but it is a very attractive phone, especially with the bright hd display. The backlight behind the soft keys (menu, home, back) is a little dim and maybe not centered properly on my unit.

Sent from my G9 using xda premium

Got mine a few weeks, I like it. Where did you find miui v5?

nebajoth

Jun 11, 2011
Needrom.com, just search for iocean. It runs noticeably slower than aosp 4.2.x and cm10.

Sent from my iOCEAN X7 using xda premium

shariqriaz

Jun 24, 2013
iocean

hello i wanted to ask people who are using iocean that if we can get normal jellybeans transitions/annimations in it or not? i.e when open or closing apps or even menu ..from all the review videos i have watched, not a single one showed those transitions :S

telegdyd

Dec 29, 2010
Budapest
hello i wanted to ask people who are using iocean that if we can get normal jellybeans transitions/annimations in it or not? i.e when open or closing apps or even menu ..from all the review videos i have watched, not a single one showed those transitions :S

Yeah, this is an existing problem on my device too.
I'm doing some experiences with custom rom's, I will post about it later.

chalimoja

Feedback

Ive just got the elite...great phone.
now waiting for more roms options
Nice to see someone who speaks english and has the Elite version. I want to buy one and just need some feedback on a couple of things. 1st is it really an OGS screen (laminated) so you dont see the LCD diplay light leaks like the Youth version and does the back cover have gaps (not tight fiting) like the Youth version and lastly whats the battery life like on it plus camera quality both audio and vdieo??
I will appreciate your feedback as it will go a great deal in making me decide on whether to buy it.
Thanks

drone99

Feb 20, 2009
I have the Youth version, but have 2 more bright spots on the display at the lower right corner. It's very disturbing. I can send the phone back, but will take about 2 months to send forth, repair and shipped back, so I'm confused what to do.

afrikanac

Aug 20, 2012
does anybody know if there is a cwm or twm for iocean x7 hd? any suggestion for root or custom rom?:confused:thanx

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm planning to buy one of these incredibly cheap FullHD phones,too
    The are the Neo N003, the UMi X2 and the iOcean X7 (favorite). Of course you can purchase them from outside of china with aliexpress or Taobao agents (+Commision fees and shipping). Still a BIG BANG for the buck!

The are not available, yet. But soon (end of March or beginning of april). Please do not Pre-Order! The prices are much higher than (80-100% more) in china and never ever pre order with aliexpress! Only order when it's really available.
    I hope that a lot of developpers will get one of these phones, too.