USB OTG

Search This thread

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
yep.at least my e975 works.i just tested it,with an old usb otg adapter,bought for my s2.i saw all the files in the 16gb flashdrive.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

clonfsp

Oct 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
yep.at least my e975 works.i just tested it,with an old usb otg adapter,bought for my s2.i saw all the files in the 16gb flashdrive.

Hello, could you provide more information about how do you get it? do you need external power? how do you configure "conection to pc" settings? do you need root? any external app?
thanks,

manmohandas4

Feb 28, 2011
Please provide the details regarding how to connect or use USB OTG.....thanks in advance:)

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
All stock,just rooted and unlocked.Didn't manage to make it work on CM or other custom rom. In time i think CM team will make the kernel support USB OTG.

Reactions: Unreal_Shogo

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
having 2 USB OTG cables here that works with all my android devices except for the E975.
I tried 2 cardreaders and like 4 USB drivers. not working. It's not even getting power from the phone.

So either you used a cable for external power or you told us bull****.

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
bull****

i testet an usb stick on xperia T, he works
on G nothing...

Gesendet von meinem LG-E975 mit Tapatalk 2

cyraxx84

Jul 5, 2012
Saw a Video on YouTube where a guy said that USB OTG is not supported by LGOG.
So the only hopes are for Cyanogen and asap.

Gvirendra201

Nov 8, 2013
Aurangabad
How did u manage that ?

Hey, as u said, i've also tried that,
ONLY for USB OTG, i flshed my E975 to stock again with kdz, from cyanogenmod 10.2
But that's not working bro, what should i do for it ?

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
i didn't mentioned my G at that time was a test version. it worked on it,after getting the final model,it didn't worked anymore.

adeelraj

Oct 16, 2011
Karachi
We need a custom kernel for it
Or you can compile a kernel from source with otg module if u have skills.
I dont know why kitekernel doenst support this.
Sent from my IM-A850K using Tapatalk 2

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Nope..it's hardware restricted.you won't be able to power that device. In theory,it could work with a powered device and a patched kernel. Too much trouble for such benefits.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Reactions: adeelraj

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
i dont know about external power but i tried 4 usb sticks on a xperia T and only 1 worked without extra power, so i think extra power is not needed!!

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Xperia T supports OTG. G can't,because it won't supply juice to the device. Without power,it won't work.

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Juz install cpuz app whivh shows how much volts ur battery is supplyin.... Less than 5v nd usb won't work....

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2

bigjohnnyboy

May 16, 2010
Confirm LG Optimus G does not support OTG

Tried a usb stick with OTG cable. Stock LG rom does not support otg. OTG works perfect with a sony xperia sp. Wish LG supports this function in the future. Hopefully software change only and not hardware limited. Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All stock,just rooted and unlocked.Didn't manage to make it work on CM or other custom rom. In time i think CM team will make the kernel support USB OTG.
    Nope..it's hardware restricted.you won't be able to power that device. In theory,it could work with a powered device and a patched kernel. Too much trouble for such benefits.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
    no

did u see that app - voltage control ?
    can we make USB OTG work through that application ?

Voltage control is for CPU voltage,for working USB otg 5v output required from phone's internal usb port,we are 1 step behind nexus 4,and nexus can't support otg without external power(till now).so goto deep sleep and wait for nexus 4,when he got it working then developers port trick here,
    Don't we have an app like they have Franco....?

Which app?