[Q] Nandroid restore help

Search This thread

holyninja3

Dec 31, 2014
Hello,
Need some help with a Nandroid restore. When I did the backup everything went fine, and now when I am trying to restore it, when it gets to /data it is taking forever.
I am using philz touch CWM recovery. Samsung Galaxy S5.
I started it yesterday and it is still going, it says 800/5575 mb, so it has a lot more to go... is this normal? is it really going to take a week to do a restore?

Hi,

Since you're stuck now anyway, I'd restart the phone in recovery, wipe system, data and cache and try restoring again. But it may just be corrupt. If you have another nandroid, try to restore it.

Other options are use another device with a micro SD card and put a rom, and gapps if needed on it and install the rom on your device.

Last option is to Odin flash stock firmware again.

If you want other ideas or need further help, please ask in this dedicated help thread for your device,

> Samsung Galaxy S 5 > Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [SUPPORT THREAD] The Galaxy ~S5~ All in one support thread!**NOOB FRIENDLY**

Good luck!

Thanks for the help! Do you know if wiping the system will get rid of the clockworkmod folder? that is where the nandroid backup is saved...
I may just flash a new rom again, with titanium I should be able to recover everything.
Copying to the other thread too. Thanks!

Any ideas? should I stop it where it is at and flash a new rom? I wanted to after there was a stock 5.0 version out, but I could do it early.

I did take the backup and put in on my computer, and then put it on my phone again. Would that affect it? the SD card wont mount on my phone, so I only have the internal to work with.

holyninja3

Dec 31, 2014
Hello,
Need some help with a Nandroid restore. When I did the backup everything went fine, and now when I am trying to restore it, when it gets to /data it is taking forever.
I am using philz touch CWM recovery. Samsung Galaxy S5.
I started it yesterday and it is still going, it says 800/5575 mb, so it has a lot more to go... is this normal? is it really going to take a week to do a restore?

Any ideas? should I stop it where it is at and flash a new rom? I wanted to after there was a stock 5.0 version out, but I could do it early.

I did take the backup and put in on my computer, and then put it on my phone again. Would that affect it? the SD card wont mount on my phone, so I only have the internal to work with.

Ok, so I decided to stop the restore and I am trying to now load a stock rom. I am running into a problem though, how do I transfer a file to my device? I have nothing to boot into, and the SD card does not work. Can I flash it with odin?

holyninja3

Dec 31, 2014
Solved?

Ok, so I decided to stop the restore and I am trying to now load a stock rom. I am running into a problem though, how do I transfer a file to my device? I have nothing to boot into, and the SD card does not work. Can I flash it with odin?

I think I have "fixed" it. Finaly was able to sideload a rom. I am waiting for the stock rooted one to download still, but if it does and I can load in all my titanium backup stuff, all should be good. :fingers-crossed: