[Firmware] Sprints Gtab 3 7.0 SM-T217S Stock Firmware

Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
edit: My bad...Still need a login for that link

Sent from my SCH-I605

I actually finally got signed up, logged in and its about halfway downloaded:D:D:D:D

Once its done, its a simple zip extract and Odin flash then I can get right back on the horse but we need a developer to deodex and de-knox this latest firmware.

Edit...nope I guess Knox isn't even overridden by an Odin stock firmware flash

Sent from my SM-T217S using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PhunkMonkey

Jul 20, 2010
Downgrade from Kit Kat to Jelly Bean on Tab 3

Hi Guys, new to forum and hopefully learning about rooting soon. Wanted to know if it this could be used to go back to stock version from Kit Kat? Surprisingly I did not find much from Google and Searching this forum. I'm sure I might not be using key words for good results.

I have a Sprint Tab 3
Model SM-T217s
Version 4.2.2
Kernel 3.4.0

Reason for wanting to go back to stock is I want the Google Play, Maps and Navigation back how they were when I bought it. Hate what they did in Kit Kat and that's all I use it for since it's in my car.

Some feedback or links to more info would be greatly appreciated.

oddie3500

Jul 24, 2010
MP/Portland
Cant get my wifi back or any data

Hey all I am having problems with getting wifi, bluetooth, 3g, 4g. I am on the d8 but downloaded the h9 { might have the exact numbers mixed up but you get the point} so I went back to the d8 and still no data at all wont even recognize my sim. I sure could use some help thank you.

oddie3500

Jul 24, 2010
MP/Portland
how do I do a system dump to get a bone stock firmware

I would loke to get a bone stock version of the m8 sprint firmware and post it and also so if I habe a problem I dont have to go back to sprint. If someone can help that would be muck appreciated thanks XDA

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I would loke to get a bone stock version of the m8 sprint firmware and post it and also so if I habe a problem I dont have to go back to sprint. If someone can help that would be muck appreciated thanks XDA

I flashed a MH9 ROM not knowing that nobody was updating because of Knox. I downloaded and Odin flashed the B8 firmware but it didn't overwrite the Knox counter....its a real pain. I can't even Mount to adb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

oddie3500

Jul 24, 2010
MP/Portland
I. ant get odin to even work on my tab now

I flashed a MH9 ROM not knowing that nobody was updating because of Knox. I downloaded and Odin flashed the B8 firmware but it didn't overwrite the Knox counter....its a real pain. I can't even Mount to adb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Odin 3.09 and doesn't work on my tab. I couldn't even get recovery like TWRP or CW to work now lol. is there a workaround for the new in a stock firmware so I can root my tablet. I have triangle away, mobile odin, universal root from chain fire, SuperSU pro chainfire. I have bought chqin fire a few beers lol. I have just moved and have not had a chance to spend the time poking around looking for the answer. This has been a hell 1.5 weeks
Wifes grandpa passed and next day got rear ended in our car. The wreck ****ed up my back so I have been laid up or at the Doc's. So if I could get pointed in the right direction. Odin was working just fine before sprint touch my tab.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Odin 3.09 and doesn't work on my tab. I couldn't even get recovery like TWRP or CW to work now lol. is there a workaround for the new in a stock firmware so I can root my tablet. I have triangle away, mobile odin, universal root from chain fire, SuperSU pro chainfire. I have bought chqin fire a few beers lol. I have just moved and have not had a chance to spend the time poking around looking for the answer. This has been a hell 1.5 weeks
Wifes grandpa passed and next day got rear ended in our car. The wreck ****ed up my back so I have been laid up or at the Doc's. So if I could get pointed in the right direction. Odin was working just fine before sprint touch my tab.

Man, and after you ran Odiin and it still said pass you unplugged and immediately booted into stock recovery? I actually have to do the stock recovery step twice. Because the phone never boots before going to the stock recovery, as soon as it lights up it has the Andy deleting stuff then the phone starts to reboot automatically but I quickly press volume up and power and the 2nd time its Andy butactivate...dark blue font and you can do the factory reset, cache reset, try to add sodeload a ROM but it would have to have Samsung's signature so once you do the data format and factory reset and hit reboot.........after a bit you are at that first screen where it says it may take 4or 5 min to activate. So I say try the second stock factory reset in stock recovery,

The strange thing is when I got mine new it had the International boot and shutdown logo but the firmware posted does but that's 3 deleted qmg files away from fixed. I have all of the apps you mentioned plus a few others of Chainfire's, try that once more and if you don't get straightened out right after that I will get ahold of Qbking and a few devs but this Tablet almost seems to come with a virus that spreads through different areas of the data, partitions, etc but I have been testing for some great devs and themers for years now....so try it and get right back to me because I was thinking about dissecting my tablet but my setup is solid now and I got a BUNCH of battery styles and colors to choose from for ExBattery I hve allof these in white and then in blue or multi color however the white ones you can make whatever color you want. Dont give up yet....if it does juat have some leftover cache it will boot right up and I can tell you what scripts help and also certain Xposed modules together make your phone trip like ihad a mind of its own:eek:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401642983339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401642983339.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: oddie3500

ajiq140

May 16, 2009
Thanks a million!!!

Man, and after you ran Odiin and it still said pass you unplugged and immediately booted into stock recovery? I actually have to do the stock recovery step twice. Because the phone never boots before going to the stock recovery, as soon as it lights up it has the Andy deleting stuff then the phone starts to reboot automatically but I quickly press volume up and power and the 2nd time its Andy butactivate...dark blue font and you can do the factory reset, cache reset, try to add sodeload a ROM but it would have to have Samsung's signature so once you do the data format and factory reset and hit reboot.........after a bit you are at that first screen where it says it may take 4or 5 min to activate. So I say try the second stock factory reset in stock recovery,

The strange thing is when I got mine new it had the International boot and shutdown logo but the firmware posted does but that's 3 deleted qmg files away from fixed. I have all of the apps you mentioned plus a few others of Chainfire's, try that once more and if you don't get straightened out right after that I will get ahold of Qbking and a few devs but this Tablet almost seems to come with a virus that spreads through different areas of the data, partitions, etc but I have been testing for some great devs and themers for years now....so try it and get right back to me because I was thinking about dissecting my tablet but my setup is solid now and I got a BUNCH of battery styles and colors to choose from for ExBattery I hve allof these in white and then in blue or multi color however the white ones you can make whatever color you want. Dont give up yet....if it does juat have some leftover cache it will boot right up and I can tell you what scripts help and also certain Xposed modules together make your phone trip like ihad a mind of its own:eek:

Thank You VEry Much for the advice. I spent 2 weeks trying to root until I got to your post. Thank you!

Reactions: JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Has anyone been successful in De-Knoxing the 4.4.2 update yet? Actually does anyone actually use this device anymore or is it only me?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: graffix31

wvebert

Sep 7, 2010
I use mine daily. A little less since I got my G3, but still use it. I would love to see the WiFi thing worked out so that we can more development on Goodness and Pac man.

Reactions: JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Are the stock tars still available... Preferably the latest KitKat for the Sprint variant? Suddenly my pattern unlock stopped responding to all touch so I can't unlock the damn thing and I have it very up to date with the latest inverted apps and an all black and white theme. I don't know if I still have the necessary files to do it again!

Edit...I checked SamFirmware and the device isn't even listed anymore even though MUCH OLDER devices are. Does anyone have the last KitKat firmware so I can Odin or Kies flash it...hopefully Odin though. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Well, I did find the firmware on SamFirmware after all. Now I have to see if its even worth trying to resuscitate this thing...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Are the stock tars still available... Preferably the latest KitKat for the Sprint variant? Suddenly my pattern unlock stopped responding to all touch so I can't unlock the damn thing and I have it very up to date with the latest inverted apps and an all black and white theme. I don't know if I still have the necessary files to do it again!

Edit...I checked SamFirmware and the device isn't even listed anymore even though MUCH OLDER devices are. Does anyone have the last KitKat firmware so I can Odin or Kies flash it...hopefully Odin though. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Well, I did find the firmware on SamFirmware after all. Now I have to see if its even worth trying to resuscitate this thing...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

I still use mine daily. been running the negalite rom with no issues for months. i think its a solid little tablet. wish i had lollipop but what can you do.

RonAbruzzi

Mar 5, 2016
Pcola
No WI-FI , Data , Or Sound

The file pushed through Odin fine. My problem are that i dont have wifi. Everytime i try to turn wi-fi on the slider goes back into off position.Also i dont have data or sound,has anybody else had this problem? Or can anybody help troubleshoot my problem? Thankyou!

Top Liked Posts