[ROM] LegacyHuawei CyanogenMod 11.0

Search This thread

Moihack

Apr 9, 2012
There are a few changes regarding memory usage.

As far as sd-card getting removed, I have not done any kernel changes which could affect that. It might be possible that it has always been misconfigured.
If needed, I can make a new boot.img that adjusts the FPS for u8800pro again.

No need for a new boot.img since it can easily be fixed with the fps init.d script.
Regarding the sd-card though, this has not been an issue in the previous release(or at least never happened)...With current one it occured at least 3 times after a full clean install of the rom and I think it happens right after removing the phone from a USB-MTP connection.

Could you also provide a changelog at github? I'm just curious what further changes could improve memory usage even further.

Thanks again for this new release!

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
No need for a new boot.img since it can easily be fixed with the fps init.d script.
Regarding the sd-card though, this has not been an issue in the previous release(or at least never happened)...With current one it occured at least 3 times after a full clean install of the rom and I think it happens right after removing the phone from a USB-MTP connection.

Could you also provide a changelog at github? I'm just curious what further changes could improve memory usage even further.

Thanks again for this new release!

I updated the changelog here: https://github.com/LegacyHuawei/local_manifests/wiki/CM11.0-changelog

Mainly, the memory changes cause longer bootup time, as the amount of initial background services is high when its booting but now we limit it. You can get back old behavior if needed by checking the commits I've done here and setting them in /system/build.prop: https://github.com/LegacyHuawei/android_device_huawei_msm7x30-common/commits/cm-11.0

Reactions: Mahdial and miskiab

duxa174

Dec 29, 2012
I'm installed latest ROM and faced with some problems:

1) Data encryption not working. After entering PIN-code, shows android image and ... nothing.
In logcat:
Code:
Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region. Cannot encrypt in place
16 KiB is not enough for "footer" or problem is something else ?

2) Cosmetic bug.
If you enable "Adaptive backlight" in "Settings -> Display & lights", press "Back" and open Display menu again, Backlight option will remain disabled.
But sys/class/graphics/fb0/cabc was set to 1.

Last edited:

missioner

Feb 5, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Huawei P30
hey nice work on the rom. does anyone still have the stock gingerbread rom they can upload for me? the install guide says i need to be on 404020 (after installing 2.3 firmware) but all the links are dead. your help would be greatly appreciated.
Go look at the Huawei support downloads website. It may still be available there.

If you get it then copy to a clean sdcard and rename to "update.zip", insert the SD card, reboot to download mode (pink screen) using vol+, vol- and power buttons pressed at the same time and watch the magic happen as your phone reverts back to stock OS.

I have the B128 baseband OEM OS for u8800 on my PC but I don't have any accounts on any filesharing sites that I can upload to. It was still available on the official downloads page at Huawei.com till quite recently, which is where I would start looking.

Good luck.

fassal

Dec 1, 2017
Hey!
First of all a BIG THANKS to Blefish for all his work! I just started installing CM11/12 on my U8800 since many apps require Anroid 4.4+ to work (I am still using this as my main phone).

Is there any chance to implement an update/workaround for having device encryption enabled without crushing the network/SIM Card functionality and thus rendering the phone unusable? It seems this is a known bug in CM11/12 and got solved in CM13 according to another boards post (I can provide link if necessary). I would not care if it is for CM11 or CM12 release.

Anyways BIG THANKS Blefish!
Cheers

aleks.spv

May 7, 2011
Bishkek
Hi Blefish! Thanks for the work you've done! This is the best firmware on our device!
But I have one problem, G-Sensor does not work.
On the firmware B919, B929 it works fine, after the installation of Blepart and CM11, the screen orientation does not work .. I tried several times to reflash, but it did not help, are there any options for solving the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Readme

Use the standard Torch app wherever possible, it only enables flashlight. Other apps from Play Store are designed to use the camera interface, which means camera will use additional power.

For more RAM: Settings->Performance->Memory management.
    Do not enable KSM, as video encoder/decoder stops working.

HuaweiSettings
    Charge current - allows you to set custom charging current. While this actually limits the current input, it effectively decreases or increases the available current transferred to the battery. This is useful in multiple ways:
    • Slower, but more effective charging. Your battery will last longer.
    • Faster charging when connected to USB. For example, USB charging is limited to 500mA, but newer PCs allow drawing up to 800mA or even more. This can be configured via the setting.
    • Manual override of non-standard charger allowing to draw more than 500mA.
    Magnetic sensor calibration - lets you delete previous calibration information. This is useful to recalibrate the compass (when it's inaccurate). Just tap the item & then open any compass up to recalibrate your sensor.

If the phone reboots unexpectedly, crash log is found at /data/dontpanic .

To report bugs, use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    New release up, enjoy!

Built upon the latest code there is (as always).
    Wi-Fi should not crash the phone anymore, but if it does, now you can send me the logs (check second post). It may have occasional high power usage, but it is improved over the last version.

I swapped the Synaptics driver with a new one. This driver does not have freezes (another developer helped testing it) & it should enter/exit suspend properly. Hopefully this one does not corrupt the firmware, unlike the previous one did (for some users).

If you want to have the latest CWM recovery installed (compiled with the ROM), you can now enable it in Settings->Development options->Update CM recovery. If you enable it, next reboot will install the latest recovery (which does not have freezing issues).

If you currently have KSM enabled, you may have to disable it. A while after booting up, the video decoder/encoder no longer works otherwise (this is due to incompatibility between CMA & KSM).
    New release up, enjoy!

This version brings back default stock proximity sensor "close" threshold. If you have issues and the previous value was better, replace /system/lib/hw/sensors.u8800.so with previous release one.

You might need to recheck CPU settings after this version, since the CPU frequency table was changed again.

I hope other features work as normal, since I am doing some unification work to get Huawei U8860 running with common base.

Reflash gapps too!
    I won't start quoting, there are too many posts, but wow!

I honestly never thought the solution would be this. And the solution was to disable MDDI reverse link. If anyone wants to know, reverse link is used to "receive" info from MDDI, whereas normally you just send data to it. I guess there is a problem with NT355xx panels, so it needed to be disabled. The change to always use NT35582 is not changing anything really, as NT35510 had almost exactly the same driver, minus fps patch (which work, at least for U8800-51).

Actually, the display not turning on at calls is a different bug. I believe it's caused by proximity sensor, which has too low values to detect "far" events. As some said it's related to brightness, they're absolutely right, but this isn't the real explanation. You can debug this by downloading a proximity sensor testing app. Elixir 2 works nicely.

I will do test4 today, with test3 + modified proximity sensor thresholds. I am aware of some having low audio while some have it distorted, so I will make TPA2028D1 driver match Huawei values, hopefully sorting this out.

Since test3 fixes black screen/glitches, I will also update the recovery & blepart installer sometime soon.

I actually registered to be a recognized developer a few days ago, they said it would take quite some time for them to process it, so we'll see.

The phone booting to recovery while offmode is a recovery problem, and I won't work on a solution for now (as the proper solution is changing bootloader). Wifi hotspot comes sometime later, when I have time to debug it's crashing problem.

Last days here have been amazing!