[Q] Sprint LG Optimus G bootloop and partition error?

Search This thread

gearslam

Jun 15, 2007
Pasadena
Usually if download mode isnt flashing you need to open the phone and do a physical battery pull (battery cable disconnect/reconnect) then try download mode again.
Its unlikely, but you may have a hardware failure.

Crazyglue

May 9, 2014
Usually if download mode isnt flashing you need to open the phone and do a physical battery pull (battery cable disconnect/reconnect) then try download mode again.
Its unlikely, but you may have a hardware failure.

well i pulled the battery for about 2 minutes and booted back into download mode. I tried the LGFlashTool and LGNPST, both with the same results. I'm assuming its just a hardware failure at this point, right?

gearslam

Jun 15, 2007
Pasadena
If you didn't try any conversions like Nexus 4 or F180 KK where the partitions are different and your data partition disappeard (went to 0) like you said, I'm leaning more towards a bad memory chip.

Crazyglue

May 9, 2014
If you didn't try any conversions like Nexus 4 or F180 KK where the partitions are different and your data partition disappeard (went to 0) like you said, I'm leaning more towards a bad memory chip.

Hmmmm, bad memory chip means I can't really do anything at all. I guess I'll just trade it in to sprint when I buy a new phone. Hopefully I can get like $50 off the new phone, maybe more.

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
I was having a lot of the problems mentioned by the OP. Here's my situation:

1. Got the new phone, LS970.
  2. Rooted, SU, Busybox etc...SUCCESSFUL.
  3. Flashed the stable CM Rom, "cm-10.2.0-ls970.zip."
  4. Then I had realized CM (custom ROM's in general?) don't recognize the code entered in your dial pad to activate with the service provider. (I'm with a provider who use Sprint's network. MVNO.)
  5. So I had to revert back to bone stock, which is when I started to experience the nightmares with using the FlashTool, LGNPST w/ TeenyBin etc..

I couldn't get the flash tools to work properly for 3 days straight and it was driving me crazy. From boot loops to not being able to even get it into Download mode...I was about to pull my hair out.

I finally got it back to stock using LGNPST with the correct .dll file along with "LS970 Original TeenyBin[ZVBin]," This was the only .bin file out of the three listed on that thread that worked. With the other two I could not boot back up and could barely get into Download mode.

After successfully activating the phone to my carriers network, I rooted and flashed the stable CM Rom.

Then disaster. It would go into the stock recovery screen (black with blue letters on top) and although there was a menu there I could not select anything by pressing power. The volume buttons would just highlight the options, but pressing power did nothing. So I had to long press the power button to shut it down and after many attempts of trying to flash it back to bone stock using LGNPST, only the .bin file mentioned above worked for me.

I do not want to remain on the bone stock rom, obviously. But then I knew that by flashing any ROM would throw my phone back into this chaos. As I was browsing through the stock phone trying to figure out why I was getting the screen of death (black w/ blue letters where the power button didn't respond to any of the options) I saw something interesting...

File Manager -> /storage -> sdcard0 -> I can see all the usual files and the .zips that I put on there...

BUT THEN...

There is a folder called "0" ...when pressed, I can see almost a duplicate of the files that I saw in the main "sdcard0" with the exception of now seeing all the other .zip files that I had put on there from the previous attempts of flashing.

Burning QUESTIONS:

1. WHY IS THERE A DUPLICATE FOLDER WITH OLDER STUFF IN IT CALLED, "0" ???
  2. I know that it's a folder called "0", however, could this be some kind of a partition issue?
  3. COULD THIS BE THE CAUSE OF THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH W/ BLUE LETTERS & a DEAD PWR button that doesn't do anything?
  4. What could have caused this duplicate folder? I've noticed CM based ROM's to create a "0" folder? Why?

So now I am wanting to correctly partition it back to bone stock. As I am OCD with reading as much as I can thoroughly before doing anything, upon hours of searching, I have come across something interesting that I will try to see if this fixes this duplicate folder/possible partition issue. Here's the post.

I'm pretty sure what I have explained with there being this weird duplicate folder is the cause of the walls I'm hitting when flashing a new ROM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP, check to see if perhaps you are experiencing a partition issue?

Last edited:

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Xda app having issues but anyway....
I answered your other thread but also mask sure the recovery you're flashing with its for KK.
teeny bins recovery its not kk compatible. So flash a kk recovery after teeny bins
LGNOST should fix all of your phone.
How that makes sense as I haven't had enough coffee yet. :)

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot.

Xda app having issues but anyway....
I answered your other thread but also mask sure the recovery you're flashing with its for KK.
teeny bins recovery its not kk compatible. So flash a kk recovery after teeny bins
LGNOST should fix all of your phone.
How that makes sense as I haven't had enough coffee yet. :)