(Need Help) Camera Video Recording Problem in Android 4.4.2 OS

Search This thread

aryan0088

Jun 20, 2014
Hello,

Awesome XDA developers. I am seriously in need for some helping hands for my Tablet PC. I have got a China Octa Core 7 inch tablet pc with WUXGA display, MT6592 Octa Core processor, 2GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, Android 4.2.2 OS , 13.3 MP REAR CAMERA, 5.3 MP front camera etc.

So far the tablet is so good with Android 4.2.2 OS. The china company recently gave me an updated ROM for the tablet PC. The update includes Android 4.4.2 OS. I installed the firmware with SP Flash tool 5.5. After installing the OS, I was very happy to enjoy KiTkaT. Every thing were perfect.

Except one strange problem I am facing with Android 4.4.2 KiTkaT upgrade. I can take photos in 13.3 MP high resolution with the rear camera. But when I record videos with "Fine" recording mode or any other modes (low, medium high or fine), the video gets recorded in 640x480 low resolution only. I tried every camera settings did not work. I also check the "build.prop" settings & "camerasize.xml" settings. But nothing worked. For both the front (5.3 MP) and rear camera (13.3 MP) records videos in 640x480 low resolution where as the same camera take photos in 5.5 MP (Front Cam) & 13.3 MP (Rear Cam) resolutions.

But for Android 4.2.2 OS, both the cameras could record videos with 1920x1088 resolution when you choose "Fine" as the video recording mode. I am a beginner level developer. I can not get anything to fix the problems.

Can the XDA forum experts help me with this miserable problems. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Please help. :crying::crying::crying:

Thanks & Regards