Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
I am starting to think wait for the Toshiba Thrive 7 to recieve ICS that way we can compile a "frankenROM" on the downside its a june-july ETA on the stock ROM for that, but at least it means another attempt at ICS for the Streak7

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
currently working on building a test ROM, so far very minimalist, most drivers are missing so I am guessing it wont be bootable, doesnt look overly promising as of yet. I will give everyone a heads up on the progress when I get around to flashing it later this week. I wont be uploading it unless it is more stable that ICS_b2

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
This is fantastic!
I own 2 DS7 and I was beginning to think that people were forgetting about this device... Now I can relax a bit.. :)
I am glad that there are still devs and interested parties that think this device has bit more life left into it!

Thank you for your efforts and hard work!

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
This is fantastic!
I own 2 DS7 and I was beginning to think that people were forgetting about this device... Now I can relax a bit.. :)
I am glad that there are still devs and interested parties that think this device has bit more life left into it!

Thank you for your efforts and hard work!

Most of the time its research into what is out there, if I can get handed QSIDA's drivers for 3g/4g then hopefully we will have more of a future for the device given the amount of 3/4g devices that utilise it

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
following recent research I have discovered that I have been off track a little by thinking that the streak7 was based off the ventana series tegra2 when infact it was the harmony series tegra2 which can also run Windows CE 6 link here (install at own risk) and that we should be able to port any harmony series tegra2 variant of ICS to the streak7 within a few weeks given we can find/compile drivers for 3g/4g radios and get 2.6.39 kernel working correctly

siobhter

Feb 17, 2008
Liberty Lake, WA
following recent research I have discovered that I have been off track a little by thinking that the streak7 was based off the ventana series tegra2 when infact it was the harmony series tegra2 which can also run Windows CE 6 link here (install at own risk) and that we should be able to port any harmony series tegra2 variant of ICS to the streak7 within a few weeks given we can find/compile drivers for 3g/4g radios and get 2.6.39 kernel working correctly

What are the other harmony Tegra2 devices?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
What are the other harmony Tegra2 devices?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

some of the models as follows:
Acer Iconia Tab A100, A200 and A500, Asus Slider, LG Optimus Pad, Avionic Design Tamonten Processor Board, Exper EasyPad, Notion Ink Adam tablet, Olivetti OliPad 100, Point of View Mobii 10.1, ViewSonic G Tablet, ViewSonic ViewPad 10s, Motorola Xoom, Toshiba AC100, Toshiba Folio 100, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Advent Vega, Hannspree Hannspad, Aigo n700, CompuLab Trim-Slice nettop, Dell Streak 7, E-Noa Interpad, Malata Tablet Zpad, MSI 10-inch (250 mm) tablet, Toradex Colibri Tegra 2, Toshiba Thrive tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, T-Mobile G-Slate, Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet L510, Dell Streak Pro, Zyrex Onepad SP1110, Zyrex Onepad SP1113G, Sony Tablet S

there are more but these are the ones that I have heard of to utilise the "harmony" tegra2

Wetzel402

some of the models as follows:
Acer Iconia Tab A100, A200 and A500, Asus Slider, LG Optimus Pad, Avionic Design Tamonten Processor Board, Exper EasyPad, Notion Ink Adam tablet, Olivetti OliPad 100, Point of View Mobii 10.1, ViewSonic G Tablet, ViewSonic ViewPad 10s, Motorola Xoom, Toshiba AC100, Toshiba Folio 100, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Advent Vega, Hannspree Hannspad, Aigo n700, CompuLab Trim-Slice nettop, Dell Streak 7, E-Noa Interpad, Malata Tablet Zpad, MSI 10-inch (250 mm) tablet, Toradex Colibri Tegra 2, Toshiba Thrive tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, T-Mobile G-Slate, Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet L510, Dell Streak Pro, Zyrex Onepad SP1110, Zyrex Onepad SP1113G, Sony Tablet S

there are more but these are the ones that I have heard of to utilise the "harmony" tegra2

I now have an A200 so if you guys need anything from me let me know.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Its not Harmony, its Ventana.
The kernel says so, Dell says so, DJ_Steve says so, and so do I.

You can go ahead and try to build with Harmony, but you will need to recompile the kernel with Harmony+Dell drivers before you do any other work.

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
gonna try for 3 weeks, knowing my luck I will hit complications, but I hope to have everything fully setup and ready by wednesday so that I can work on this while I am not busy at work, hopefully we have at very least a minimalist rom for ICS by the end of the 3 weeks (with any luck booting successfully)

Reactions: brncocorey

roast

Mar 5, 2011
giveen, your link for the device tree on github is broken, did you remove everything?

I finally have a vm build env setup, (no promises) and wanted to take a crack it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom