Display message information on lock screen?

Search This thread

danv28

Apr 22, 2013
When I get a text message it says new message on the lockscreen but doesn't show the actual contents of the message or the sender - is there a way to change this?

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
When I get a text message it says new message on the lockscreen but doesn't show the actual contents of the message or the sender - is there a way to change this?

Not with the stock lockscreen i don't think. You could try a replacement lockscreen like SlideLock or a notification supplement like AcDisplay. I'm a big fan of AcDisplay.

danv28

Apr 22, 2013
Not with the stock lockscreen i don't think. You could try a replacement lockscreen like SlideLock or a notification supplement like AcDisplay. I'm a big fan of AcDisplay.

Strange that they would show a widget notification saying "New Message" but not allow you to show the message content... weird.. thanks, will try out AcDisplay

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
It may look at little different, as I'm using a N3, but I'd say you have something similar in the stock message app settings.
Go to the stock message app, and hit the menu button, tap settings. Under settings go to the "More" tab and enable preview message:
uqyra5yn.jpg

N9005
Don't thank me, I'm useless

danv28

Apr 22, 2013
Found it hidden under notifications. Also, you can have messages pop up on screen work a quick reply. Very cool.

Reactions: tdrussell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found it hidden under notifications. Also, you can have messages pop up on screen work a quick reply. Very cool.