White Nexus 5 with Black Back Cover

Search This thread

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Does anyone own (or has seen) a White Nexus 5 which had it's battery cover replaced by a black one? I'm about to replace ny battery cover (white) and I was considering whether I should get another white one or instead buy a black one. The only thing that is holding me back is that I don't know how the matte back would look against the glossy sides my phone has. If anyone one has any pictures of what it would look like it would be great :)

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Currently my phone has a black front, glossy sides and a white back (the normal White N5). I went ahead and ordered a black back for it, so I'll post pictures once it arrives. Basically it should look like a black N5 with glossy sides and a white speaker.

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
My black battery cover just arrived today :) Just to have something slightly different, I decided to polish the camera lens, making the trim silver instead of black, which I think contrasts well with the all black back. Here are some pictures of the results for those interested :

http://imgur.com/a/XvYb5

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
My black battery cover just arrived today :) Just to have something slightly different, I decided to polish the camera lens, making the trim silver instead of black, which I think contrasts well with the all black back. Here are some pictures of the results for those interested :

http://imgur.com/a/XvYb5

Nice. Question... it looks like it's a little bumpy/rough along the right side/edge of the lens. Is that an artifact of the polishing or something else? Otherwise I like the accent :)

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Nice. Question... it looks like it's a little bumpy/rough along the right side/edge of the lens. Is that an artifact of the polishing or something else? Otherwise I like the accent :)

Thanks! The lens trim is a bit rough due to wear and tear (I use the phone without a cover so it's pretty much always resting on the lens). Polishing will not make the surface any rougher as all it does is wear of the paint layer. What I suggest though is that you take the lens part out of the phone to polish in order to avoid getting some of the polish inside the phone.

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks! The lens trim is a bit rough due to wear and tear (I use the phone without a cover so it's pretty much always resting on the lens). Polishing will not make the surface any rougher as all it does is wear of the paint layer. What I suggest though is that you take the lens part out of the phone to polish in order to avoid getting some of the polish inside the phone.

In that case, my attempt will have to wait another 6-8 months till I need to change the battery. Or I have some other reason to replace the back :)

Reactions: modstorm
Jun 2, 2014
I have the yellow bumper case, I have had it for the last 6 months and it starting discolor around the edges. But I do enjoy the black on yellow color.

Reactions: modstorm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All combinations have been tried. There's a thread floating around here somewhere with the screenshots.

In that case, my attempt will have to wait another 6-8 months till I need to change the battery. Or I have some other reason to replace the back :)
    I have the yellow bumper case, I have had it for the last 6 months and it starting discolor around the edges. But I do enjoy the black on yellow color.