PSX4Droid Performance on G2

Search This thread

kcm117

Aug 21, 2009
Anyone else tried PSXDroid on their G2?

I tried playing marvel vs capcom, chrono cross, and x=men vs street fighter.
Im using PSX4DROID v 1.3

The sound is super laggy and glitched and games are not running at 100%. However, i have read many comments taht say v1.3 is just a horrible version of the emulator. Anyone else playing and having a good experience?

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Well try the older version... because you know its NOT the phone. The G2 is the most powerful android phone out there, period. Let us know your results... I was thinking about getting it but heard its too buggy for use.

xencor

Nov 2, 2009
When I first got the G2 I tried out Chrono Cross on psx4droid. It ran very well, although I did have the sound off (not a fan of annoying sounds while playing games on my phone).

But after updating psx4droid from the market yesterday, the emulator runs very poorly. Hopefully the dev undoes whatever he changed so that it will start running well again.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
When I first got the G2 I tried out Chrono Cross on psx4droid. It ran very well, although I did have the sound off (not a fan of annoying sounds while playing games on my phone).

But after updating psx4droid from the market yesterday, the emulator runs very poorly. Hopefully the dev undoes whatever he changed so that it will start running well again.

Yeah, it might be the update. From past experience with many emulators, sound off always runs better. The problem is not that the g2 can't handle ps games but it has to emulate them in a player than runs inside android if that makes any sense. In other words native games like nova or heavy gunner which are graphic equivilant to ps games run better because they run pretty much natively. Where ps games are ran inside a emulator coded to run natively in android. I know that explanation is poor but you get the point. The ps emulator is relatively new too compared to the others. But ps games are pushing the limits... have you heard if any N64 emulators that run well or at all yet?

theclueless

Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
well, either find a better warez source to update to 1.5, or stop being cheap and buy the app from market; sound is crappy, but when it is off ff9 and chrono cross run very smooth

khaosxiii

Feb 26, 2009
Anyone else tried PSXDroid on their G2?

I tried playing marvel vs capcom, chrono cross, and x=men vs street fighter.
Im using PSX4DROID v 1.3

The sound is super laggy and glitched and games are not running at 100%. However, i have read many comments taht say v1.3 is just a horrible version of the emulator. Anyone else playing and having a good experience?

Newest ver on the market is 1.5 (you know that though since you purchased it :rolleyes:)

Ran 1.5 today w/ ROMS on class(6) and it was about the same performance I believe: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=802147

jakobdroid

Dec 3, 2008
Detroit
Haven't tested with sound much, but on my G2 with psx4droid 1.1 I've been playing:

FFVII
FF Tactics
Megaman Legends

all with no problems, great playability

ransu

Oct 3, 2008
I have had extensive experience comparing the galaxy phones to the g2 performance in psx4droid. First of version 1.1 is the fastest. It is also the buggiest. On psx4droid 1.1 the g2 does very playable speeds on all games but really heavy polygonal games like fighters and whatnot. Zodttd released versions 1.3 and 1.4 that were much slower while trying to fix bugs. Now 1.5 is the best balance. Only slightly slower than 1.1 but slow
enough to make a lot of games unenjoyable on the g2 while the galaxy phones are able to keep up. Side by side they are like 30 percent faster than the g2 in psx4droid. Im hoping for root soon so we can overclock.

kcm117

Aug 21, 2009
I have had extensive experience comparing the galaxy phones to the g2 performance in psx4droid. First of version 1.1 is the fastest. It is also the buggiest. On psx4droid 1.1 the g2 does very playable speeds on all games but really heavy polygonal games like fighters and whatnot. Zodttd released versions 1.3 and 1.4 that were much slower while trying to fix bugs. Now 1.5 is the best balance. Only slightly slower than 1.1 but slow
enough to make a lot of games unenjoyable on the g2 while the galaxy phones are able to keep up. Side by side they are like 30 percent faster than the g2 in psx4droid. Im hoping for root soon so we can overclock.

Thanks, this was very helpful

bananaclawz86

Oct 25, 2010
i'm currently running Tmobile G2 overclocked to 1.45 GHZ using a root module, and unfortunately psx4droid 1.61 is playing horridly aweful =(. This was an upgrade from 1.5, which played phenomenially better than 1.61. In 1.5 if the CPU could not process enough power (logically), the game would be a little slower, however 1.61 has sound that is TOO FAST for ALL games, with slow graphics (wtf)?. So in other words, My sound for the game is INCREDIBLY fast, while the in game graphics are sloooww to a crawl. Is there anyone that's willing to host the psx4droid 1.5 apk for me to obtain? I've bought this emulator expecting only improvement, not drawback =(