[Bounty] root@firetv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's bad form to ask a dev about updates... it's equally bad form for a dev to not release updates for extended periods of time.

How the heck do you want me to update something that hasn't been released? FireTV hasn't even been out long.

Do it yourself instead of complaining if you don't like me doing things on my own terms.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'll believe it when I see it. The kallsyms dump is pretty convincing but isn't absolute proof. I'll continue beating my firetv up in the meantime I guess. If i root mine first, I'll send myself the BTC. ;)

On that note any one know why adb shell has an LD_PRELOAD library called libnimswrap.. looks like it touches a few interesting calls.

Personally I don't care if anyone believes me or not, any looking back at the history of Android exploits will likely see my work more often than not, especially with the Amazon FireOS. When appropriate, I will release.

Bonus tease for everyone else, modified recovery booting (just edited /res/ images to test booting unsigned code)

You are the first person to post "everything <but> root" in the whole thread.

This thread should be closed.. Started off as a bounty.. bounty was paid and root was received..
    A different thread should be started if we are still looking for root. Very inconvenient for people to have to read the headlines on the internet that this device was rooted on the release day, then to have to read this whole thread to discover we still dont have root.
    please share the root:(

The root will be shared when the dev is ready. Asking for it is in poor taste and it was said that if it were released now, then amazon would be able to patch it with their next update. As soon as amazon releases the next update, then it will be shared when it is ready
    Root and recovery would be good. I got like 28 days left before I can return my FireTV. Hopefully this will be done before then.

Current issues with releasing my work right now:

1) No way to interact with a custom recovery (possibly doable with keyboard) and no way to load files to flash without booting into android (possible to mount usb disk in recovery mode?).

2) Looking for a bug to exploit that is less abusable by others

#1 Someone more versed at recoveries is lookign at

#2 I'm working on currently.