[Q] Nexus 10 WiFi problem

Search This thread

domemvs

May 4, 2013
Hi guys.

For a few weeks now I have been having some issues with my wifi connection on my Nexus 10.

Especially when I try to communicate with other devices in my home network, for example via FTP or BitTorrent Sync, the connection is very unstable. That means that it's not only very slow but also completely loses connection from time to time. slow means anything between 30 kilobytes per seconds to 500 kilobytes per second. Transferring big files is almost impossible because it loses connection or is just dead slow. and I really hate using cables to transfer files from a computer to my android device

I already checked standard stuff like wifi channel or other devices currently downloading or using bandwidth in some kind of way but everything actually is fine, because when I use my computer which also uses wifi to connect to the internet everything works perfectly. Until a few weeks ago everything worked just fine and I get speeds up to 4 to 5 megabytes per second.

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test it with another Router but soon will.

Nexus 10 16 gb
Stock Android 4.4.4

MacBook Pro
OS X Mavericks

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

ZanshinG1

Apr 21, 2009
San Diego
wahtod.org
Hi guys.

For a few weeks now I have been having some issues with my wifi connection on my Nexus 10.

Especially when I try to communicate with other devices in my home network, for example via FTP or BitTorrent Sync, the connection is very unstable. That means that it's not only very slow but also completely loses connection from time to time. slow means anything between 30 kilobytes per seconds to 500 kilobytes per second. Transferring big files is almost impossible because it loses connection or is just dead slow. and I really hate using cables to transfer files from a computer to my android device

I already checked standard stuff like wifi channel or other devices currently downloading or using bandwidth in some kind of way but everything actually is fine, because when I use my computer which also uses wifi to connect to the internet everything works perfectly. Until a few weeks ago everything worked just fine and I get speeds up to 4 to 5 megabytes per second.

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test it with another Router but soon will.

Nexus 10 16 gb
Stock Android 4.4.4

MacBook Pro
OS X Mavericks

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

It sounds like interference. Also try turning on long preamble on your router if you're on N.

domemvs

May 4, 2013
Hi.

Thanks for your answer.

I already have this app both on my Nexus 10 and my Nexus 5. My Router uses the channel which is recommended by the App. No other AP on this channel and only a few others on the adjacent channels.

Also because it works fine with my MBP and my Nexus 5 I actually ruled out "interferences" as possibility.

Anyone else?