Will the Evo 3d has the same 30fps cap issue?

Search This thread

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
I was very disappointed with my htc evo 4g. This issue was never fixed even if thought it was. after the (suppostly fix) Most kernel and htc firmware upgrade were able to reach around 50-53fps but never did it reached 60fps like my nexus. With a few tweaks It was able to reach closer to 60fps but you would get screen tearing. so please can anyone confirm this. i don't want to run games or sense cap at 30fps again.

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
I was very disappointed with my htc evo 4g. This issue was never fixed even if thought it was. after the (suppostly fix) Most kernel and htc firmware upgrade were able to reach around 50-53fps but never did it reached 60fps like my nexus. With a few tweaks It was able to reach closer to 60fps but you would get screen tearing. so please can anyone confirm this. i don't want to run games or sense cap at 30fps again.

There will obviously be no 30fps cap on the EVO 3d.

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
While I agree with you, it isn't so obvious....i felt it should have been obvious that the 4g wouldnt have had the cap, the nexus didn't...hell, my ****ty samsung moment didn't...

That said, I would be thoroughly shocked and horrified if it does have an fps cap...at which point I will return it, wait for the sgs2 and boycott htc for good...

...fool me once, etc etc etc

Sent from my PC36100

ktrotter11

Sep 13, 2009
Houston
Has to b able to push atleast 60 to even attempt 3d right? Maybe different tech

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ydoucare

Dec 2, 2008
Judging by this, I would say there's no 30 fps cap.

38184.png

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4416/...8x60-phones-htc-sensation-4g-and-htc-evo-3d/2

treckin

Aug 20, 2008
Sounds like a vsynch issue...

Also what's the point of rendering more frames then the refresh rate of the S-LCD anyway?

Except to generate heat, reduced battery life, increased tearing, and bragging rights for days...
Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Night·Fire

Jul 30, 2010
Fort Worth
Just to clarify, the human eye cannot register more than 30-35 fps. Going higher is just an ego boost.
With that said, I'm guilty of going for max fps also.

Philosuffer

Jun 14, 2010
Just to clarify, the human eye cannot register more than 30-35 fps. Going higher is just an ego boost.

Don't know about you, but I can easily tell the difference between 30 and 60fps here.

Maybe if you showed them one at a time, it would be harder, but when they are (side by side) or one on top of the other in this case, the difference is easily apparent.

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA

That's been proven wrong quite a while ago. But then again the no HTC phone since the EVO has been capped at 30 fps including the Evo shift so why would anyone even assume the EVO 3d would have this problem?