Good news!

Search This thread

RubenMMS2

Sep 13, 2012
Barcelona
Hey
Great. This is only a few hours old. I've been working in my garden. But why 4.4.2?
I crack myself up. They should have released 4.4.3. Never mind, now I just need a dump and some updated sources.
About your problem; this is Samsung in a nutshell, but I'll do my best to release a 4.4.2 kernel and system as soon as I can. Hopefully I'll be able to make it compatible with 4.2.2 and 4.3 bootloaders.
Stay tuned.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EDIT
According to SamMobile, Samsung has ignored our device. True, but why?
Ok, this is my personal opinion. The GT-I9506 is outstanding, making it a direct threat to the Galaxy S5. As you know, the S5 features a Snapdragon S801...just an overclocked S800. No magic in that. I can do the same, well to be honest...I already did for my own phone. It's a piece of cake to overclock. But the fact is, do we need it? For myself; nice to have but not need to have.
I'm pretty sure that we can do the same as the S5, and even more. But with the new S805, we WILL loose, no doubt about that.
Stay tuned guys, the game is about to begin.
Regards.

Could you make a mini tutorial to could overclock our i9506? Is it possible to overclock the GPU and Ram too?
Thanks to let is know something about it. I think you should have made the OC in the 4.3, so it would be nice to inform us... I will wait for 4.4.2 till we get updated 4.4.2 because as all we know the first realeses have allways some bugs.
Best regards

RubenMMS2 (camera MoD developer for our I9506) :laugh:

Zeggi

Dec 26, 2009
Stockholm
Would be nice to know if this works with 4.4.2 since i just got it and im missing a custom recovery and root :/

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Would be nice to know if this works with 4.4.2 since i just got it and im missing a custom recovery and root :/
First, you must wipe the phone, so better if you take a backup shot of it. Second, you must run triangle away app to reset the binary counters (I can confirm that works on the GT-I9506).

And third, open Supersu app go to settings and click on full unroot.

Now flash the original firmware through ODIN and go for the OTA update

Zeggi

Dec 26, 2009
Stockholm
First, you must wipe the phone, so better if you take a backup shot of it. Second, you must run triangle away app to reset the binary counters (I can confirm that works on the GT-I9506).

And third, open Supersu app go to settings and click on full unroot.

Now flash the original firmware through ODIN and go for the OTA update

Hang on now, have you managed to root and run custom recovery on the latest 4.4.2 version that came out yesterday?

What i did was restore my phone to stock by flashing 4.3 with Odin, and then ran OTA which worked and updated my phone to 4.4.2.
After that i flashed CWM_6.0.4.6_Non-Touch_GT-I9506.tar using ODIN.

I rebooted the phone to recovery and noticed it was still stock, i was expecting CWM and after that flash root and download superuser and root the phone. In this case i cant even get CWM....

Edit:;
In the state the phone is now when i run SuperSu i get that there are no SU-Bin files = no root for now.

Last edited:

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Try to un tick reboot option in ODIN, and force the phone into CWM manually...

I saw a thread claiming that it works with 4.4.2 build

Zeggi

Dec 26, 2009
Stockholm
Yeah i posted in another thread and i Will give that a try. Thx

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
I will also try, but later this evening... I'm not at my desktop computer, where I have all the tools installed ;)

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I just received this from a new member that has no right, yet, to post in this forum:

I´m noobie at xda so I can´t start new threat So I got my 4.4.2 ota today. And I got it rooted. First try I Tried Philz_Touch__CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial_(fixed_preload) and failed!!! No cwm second try with odin 3.07 I tried Chenglu_cwm_recovery_6.0.3.7(0905)-fix-exSdcard and that worked. At first in upperside of display was some gray dots, about 1/3 of a second, then I paniced and booted my phone again, same dots appeared, put at same time cwm apeared. Then I used ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2, root program and updated super su 1.94 and now I have rooted GT-I9506 4.4.2. Sorry for this pm, but Ithought that this is best way to get word going!! same-xx:good:

If this works, could be used, no doubt!

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
I will also try, but later this evening... I'm not at my desktop computer, where I have all the tools installed ;)

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I just received this from a new member that has no right, yet, to post in this forum:

I´m noobie at xda so I can´t start new threat So I got my 4.4.2 ota today. And I got it rooted. First try I Tried Philz_Touch__CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial_(fixed_preload) and failed!!! No cwm second try with odin 3.07 I tried Chenglu_cwm_recovery_6.0.3.7(0905)-fix-exSdcard and that worked. At first in upperside of display was some gray dots, about 1/3 of a second, then I paniced and booted my phone again, same dots appeared, put at same time cwm apeared. Then I used ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2, root program and updated super su 1.94 and now I have rooted GT-I9506 4.4.2. Sorry for this pm, but Ithought that this is best way to get word going!! same-xx:good:

If this works, could be used, no doubt!

instruction here

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i950...506xxucng3-t2827630/post54388949#post54388949

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Something strange happens with my phone...

It doesn't vibrate on power on, neither sounds while entering PIN number, while system sound is at MAX output...

If someone can say me that it is normal with the 4.4.2 update, i would be grateful...

And yes. It's indeed fast, and rooted already ;)

Top Liked Posts