Want To Measure Your Mobile Speed?

Search This thread

daleksic

Apr 28, 2008
Does anyone have a dial up modem sound. I wanna put this on my wife's phone and have it play when she goes on PIE!

N6546R

Jun 30, 2008
Unbelievable, I've been using TMO unlimited internet for about three years through wap.voicestream.com, getting 45 kbps if I'm lucky. After reading this thread (WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?) I tried internet3.voicestream.com and am getting over 1Mbps. I live near Boston.

We'll see if the TMO backend applies the correct billing on my account.

Perry
KidPub
www.kidpub.com

False alarm, I didn't notice that the phone was on a USB connection when testing. Using internet2.voicestream.com off the USB I'm getting 100+ kbps, still a lot better than the 45 I'd been used to.

I haven't figured out yet why the Dash is using the USB link for networking; internet sharing is off, and I don't have anything explicitly set in Activesync or Windows to enable a network. I can see the adapter in the list of networks, so clearly it's getting started by something when I plug in.

Last edited:

groggy23

Jul 30, 2006
I'm assuming the internet1, 2, 3 APN's only work on T-zones 19.99 plan? Tried changing the apn's on both my gprs and mms settings to no avail. It only likes the wap one. The error I get on PIE is "The remote party has ended the connection."

tennisshoeninja

Mar 23, 2008
Houston
OMG people get a grip - test with Opera measures speed from testing point to Opera server, and Opera server serves you the page it received - hence the speed. From Opera server to your mobile it's still coming 90-ish kbit/s (the other matter is that pages are optimized and compressed, but this does not affect the data flow speed)

:( party pooper