[ROM] CM9 Kangs WIFI 2012.05.11

Search This thread
G

GuestK00208

Just out of curiosity:

When the CM team gets their new servers up and running, will that make this thread obsolete? Trying to understand how the "9 minute builds" will work. Thanks y'all.

quikt

May 5, 2009
you probably had some corruption. this tab has been known to do that on HC (ive never experienced it on CM9 tho).

this is what you should do:
get your media off /data/media
odin back to 3.2. boot in, then flash CWM, full wipe, flash CM9 + gapps, reboot.

you should be good now.

ensure you dont have any bad apps or an unstable OC causing issue, as well.

this morning the lock screen was responsive. i havent tried the steps above, ive been starting fresh on each attempt anyways and not bringing over any data or apps. so your 419 build and posted boot.img seem to have done the trick for me. TY!

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
this morning the lock screen was responsive. i havent tried the steps above, ive been starting fresh on each attempt anyways and not bringing over any data or apps. so your 419 build and posted boot.img seem to have done the trick for me. TY!

flash 0425 kernel if you want to test what will eventually make its way in to CM. that touchscreen stuff should be virtually nonexistent with it. it will also allow you to play temple run, etc.

guih

Jan 5, 2011
Which are the latest gapps? According to rootzwiki its the 04-22, but the download keeps failing on me

Feb 25, 2010
I noticed that after I do a clean install the ROM is very smooth, with no lag at all. But then, if I reboot the tablet, things get a little laggier (like homescreen transitions, etc). Did anybody notice that too? Or know how to prevent it?

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North
I noticed that after I do a clean install the ROM is very smooth, with no lag at all. But then, if I reboot the tablet, things get a little laggier (like homescreen transitions, etc). Did anybody notice that too? Or know how to prevent it?
OK... there are things that you can try. First, using Nova Launcher (from google play) instead of default one that came with CM9. In my opinion it much better in term of features & speed. Second, flash latest version of pershoot kernel, you can D/L it from http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/ and look at the version that match your tab's hardware for example, ICS 10.1-Wifi (GT-P7510) .

Hope this help... :)

Reactions: victorsiqueira

tetraq

Sep 8, 2008
Chicago
Stuck at boot screen

you probably had some corruption. this tab has been known to do that on HC (ive never experienced it on CM9 tho).

this is what you should do:
get your media off /data/media
odin back to 3.2. boot in, then flash CWM, full wipe, flash CM9 + gapps, reboot.

you should be good now.

ensure you dont have any bad apps or an unstable OC causing issue, as well.

I still experience these random reboots and getting stuck at the boot screen on the 04.19 build. Is this because I didn't do a full wipe when flashing to a newer build? I always clear cache and dalvik. I guess it makes sense that there is some kind of corruption.

jackiechan8

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
Could someone check if Gesture Control https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontroldemo is working with nightly 23.4 build and pershoots 27.4 kernel? Because it doesn't register any gestures for me. It was working earlier, but I don't know what broke it (new kernel, rom, or gesture control version).

I think I got this traced back to the kernel. Gesturecontrol works with nightly 23.4, but not with kernel 25.4 or 27.4... Will report this in the pershoots kernel thread, hope he doesn't shoot me for not having logs or anything :D

fatlus

Jul 15, 2011
Anyone knows why my tab is lagging like hell. the boot animation is like 10 fps instead of the boot ani of the sgs2 (actual cm9 nightly) which is very smooth.
the scrolling between my 3 homescreen tabs (6 widgets overall) is very laggy, with trebuchet or nova launcher. it is very annoying to see the large performance differences between the tab 10.1 and the sgs2. i overclocked the minimal cpu clock from 216 mhz to 456 mhz and the max core clock to 1400 mhz and recognize a slightly improvement but that had bad influences to the battery. low graphic games like angry birds or temple run aren't smooth than on my sgs2 with 1,2ghz clock speed.
i am on the latest nightly and the latest pershoot kernel and make regular data wipes. anyone has an idea to improve my tab?

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone knows why my tab is lagging like hell. the boot animation is like 10 fps instead of the boot ani of the sgs2 (actual cm9 nightly) which is very smooth.
the scrolling between my 3 homescreen tabs (6 widgets overall) is very laggy, with trebuchet or nova launcher. it is very annoying to see the large performance differences between the tab 10.1 and the sgs2. i overclocked the minimal cpu clock from 216 mhz to 456 mhz and the max core clock to 1400 mhz and recognize a slightly improvement but that had bad influences to the battery. low graphic games like angry birds or temple run aren't smooth than on my sgs2 with 1,2ghz clock speed.
i am on the latest nightly and the latest pershoot kernel and make regular data wipes. anyone has an idea to improve my tab?

Wipe data AND Dalvic?

Also, do you run a live wallpaper to go with your widgets? I don't use live wallpaper on any of my devices because of the performance degradation.

My tab is set at 1000 max and 216 min. "ondemand" and it's super fast. Double check to see if you are using "ondemand" governor. On these new ICS builds, I haven't had to OC at all. I'm using Coffebeans 4/20 build, FYI.

Also completely possible one of those widgets is auto-updating constantly, which will cause lag. Keep widgets to a minimum, unless you find yourself REALLY needing them. Facebook comes to mind when I think of CPU intensive tasks. I'm sure their widget is 100% bloat crapware.

fatlus

Jul 15, 2011
Wipe data AND Dalvic?

Also, do you run a live wallpaper to go with your widgets? I don't use live wallpaper on any of my devices because of the performance degradation.

My tab is set at 1000 max and 216 min. "ondemand" and it's super fast. Double check to see if you are using "ondemand" governor. On these new ICS builds, I haven't had to OC at all. I'm using Coffebeans 4/20 build, FYI.

Also completely possible one of those widgets is auto-updating constantly, which will cause lag. Keep widgets to a minimum, unless you find yourself REALLY needing them. Facebook comes to mind when I think of CPU intensive tasks. I'm sure their widget is 100% bloat crapware.

No, i use a static wallpaper. My widgets are news & weather (stock), calendar (stock), poweramp, shazam, tune in radio pro and spiegel online (german newspaper).
the strange thing is that the boot ani and all games are lagging in the same way. i have the wild guess that this causes of an hardware issue not of the software. it's very curious...

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Finally got this ROM on my tab :D

However, when I plug my tab into computer it says Installing device driver software and takes ages then fails.
How can I connect my tab through USB? Anyone got drivers for this?

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX
Just making sure...

If I'm updating from the 4/20 build...can I just wipe cache and dalvik???

Without wiping data?

Flash 4/27 build...
Flash GApps...
reboot...
right?

Top Liked Posts