Can't get past Google Screen

Search This thread

bobyum

Oct 9, 2012
I just restored from the official google 4.4.2 images and my phone cant get past the Google screen. Please help!

bobyum

Oct 9, 2012
I made sure that I was using the right image and it still wont go past the Google screen. Any other ideas?
edit: okay the phone can't even write the recovery to the phone through fastboot! Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
I made sure that I was using the right image and it still wont go past the Google screen. Any other ideas?
Long press the power button force it to reboot. As soon as the screen goes black hold down the volume down button. That will boot you into the bootloader, from there you can get to recovery. Factory reset, wipe cache.

You flashed stock recovery?

If you have stock recovery go to the bootloader like I said earlier. Choose recovery. Then you will see android laying down. Press volume up and power button at the same time. Do a factory reset.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
edit: okay the phone can't even write the recovery to the phone through fastboot! Any other thoughts?

If you flashed the whole image inclusing userdata.img it should boot usualy, never xperienced it did not personaly. So besides a wipe have no idea bro, you might try to reflash the rom again. Are you using a Toolkit?

bobyum

Oct 9, 2012
If you flashed the whole image inclusing userdata.img it should boot usualy, never xperienced it did not personaly. So besides a wipe have no idea bro, you might try to reflash the rom again. Are you using a Toolkit?

I did this with the flashh-all.bat provided by the official image. I can't even do that anymore because it just gets stuck when writing the bootloader. Totally out of ideas right now. Is there any way I can reformat the partition through fastboot? Would that help?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I did this with the flashh-all.bat provided by the official image. I can't even do that anymore because it just gets stuck when writing the bootloader. Totally out of ideas right now. Is there any way I can reformat the partition through fastboot? Would that help?

Try this:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata

After that flash the rom again with flash.all.batt

bobyum

Oct 9, 2012
hmm so in which order should i flash them in?
edit: I honestly think the flash storage failed. Ill just apply for RMA then. Do you guys know if I bought my phone in early December, will I still be eligible?

Last edited:

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
edit: I honestly think the flash storage failed. Ill just apply for RMA then. Do you guys know if I bought my phone in early December, will I still be eligible?

How to flash a factory image. Erasing everything in fastboot should have done the trick. Erase everything then do method 2. You have to reboot the bootloader after flashing the bootloader and again after flashing the radio. One year to RMA. .

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

These are the commands I would use. The name of the images for the bootloader and radio are for 4.4.2.

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-hammerhead-hhz11k.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-hammerhead-m8974a-1.0.25.0.23.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot format cache
fastboot reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: bobyum

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
How to flash a factory image. Erasing everything in fastboot should have done the trick. Erase everything then do method 2. You have to reboot the bootloader after flashing the bootloader and again after flashing the radio. One year to RMA. .

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

These are the commands I would use. The name of the images for the bootloader and radio are for 4.4.2.

fastboot format cache
fastboot reboot

I'd go one better and look to do a COMPLETE reflash - userdata and all! I'd also rename bootloader-hammerhead-hhz11k.img to bootloader.img and radio-hammerhead-m8974a-1.0.25.0.23.img to radio.img as it means there's less to get wrong! SO, to recap:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot format cache

I'd then boot into the stock recovery and perform a factory reset to make sure everything is in order and then reboot. I've done this exact method a number of times on my Nexus 5 and it works every time

Last edited:

wantabe

Mar 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
I'd go one better and rename bootloader-hammerhead-hhz11k.img and radio-hammerhead-m8974a-1.0.25.0.23.img to just bootloader.img and radio.img to make it easier - less to type out and get wrong!
I usually do the same thing too but I left the names as a hint to verify that he had the correct images. ;)
I almost never flash userdata and recovery unless I'm selling a device. I've also never rebooted the bootloader between every image Except after the bootloader and radio images but I agree that your method is covering all the bases!

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I usually do the same thing too but I left the names as a hint to verify that he had the correct images. ;)
I almost never flash userdata and recovery unless I'm selling a device. I've also never rebooted the bootloader between every image Except after the bootloader and radio images but I agree that your method is covering all the bases!

As I hardly have any data to backup bar some custom ring tones I always reflash the userdata partition to be thorough. As for the reboots, I've just done it from habit, again just to be thorough. If it still doesn't work after that then it's goosed! :D

bobyum

Oct 9, 2012
Thanks to everyone for helping but I could not even get past writing the bootloader to the phone. I honestly think the flash storage and failed so will be RMAing. Hopefully they will accept it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe flash each part individually (not using flashall)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yup, that might work better maybe ;)

fastboot format cache
    fastboot reboot