Help please.

Search This thread

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
Long time android user and "moder" here. Never owned an HTC device other than the ONE which I didn't have long. I just acquired this phone from some guy at my job who tried to mod it and he has it rooted with CM10 (which is ICS right? because it's ICS on it don't remember if it was 10 or not). I've downloaded, many, many roms over the past few days from JB to KK and tried to flash them and I successfully flash them in CWM but it just stays on the white HTC screen, and doesn't boot up. Any idea why this is happening?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Long time android user and "moder" here. Never owned an HTC device other than the ONE which I didn't have long. I just acquired this phone from some guy at my job who tried to mod it and he has it rooted with CM10 (which is ICS right? because it's ICS on it don't remember if it was 10 or not). I've downloaded, many, many roms over the past few days from JB to KK and tried to flash them and I successfully flash them in CWM but it just stays on the white HTC screen, and doesn't boot up. Any idea why this is happening?

if you are on S-ON flash 4ext recovery
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
enable smartflash from 4ext
flash the rom
done

Reactions: C-4Nati

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
@C-4Nati also..if your bootloader is still s-on state (and stil using cwm recovery)..did you already flashing a boot.img from the rom that you had already installed..?
if not yet..you can try flashing it through fastboot.. "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

No he didn't flash a boot.IMG and its s on. No idea to do what you said :/ any guides you could link to

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012

Attachments

• 4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
If we know ur bootloader details then would make things easier, (turn off phone then press volume down + power) anyway, both these links will get u to where u want to be :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1864053

Or here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861

Also as @rzr86 said, flash latest 4ext recovery (added below)

This is it.

zXOALCXh.jpg

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
click the first link i posted n set it up

I installed the sdk and fastboot and everything, and when I enter the fastboot oem token indentifier command all the command prompt says is waiting on device. I've double checked all instructions and it just keeps saying waiting on device.

Edit- I tried to flash the 4ext in cwm and it said installation aborted everytime.

Last edited:
I installed the sdk and fastboot and everything, and when I enter the fastboot oem token indentifier command all the command prompt says is waiting on device. I've double checked all instructions and it just keeps saying waiting on device.

Edit- I tried to flash the 4ext in cwm and it said installation aborted everytime.
you are already unlocked your bootloader..so you don't need get identifier token again to unlock your bootloader..

1. first way..like what rzr86 and jmcclue said above..because you're still s-on but already had unlocked bootloader..they've suggest you to installing 4ext recovery for the next future you can easily installing of custom rom...because 4ext recovery is already option "SmartFlash" that fuction can installing custom rom with automatically supported also installing a boot.img from the rom itself under s-on devices like yours..
to installing that 4ext recovery...you can download recovery.zip from here.., then extracted that recovery.zip file to get recovery.img file...then copied recovery.img file to your sdk / adb folder (that are a same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe), after that...you can boot your phone to bootloader mode..then select "FASTBOOT" from there, then plug your phone to pc..until indicator in the phone has "FASTBOOT-USB", after that you can open cmd from your adb folder (just press and hold shift + right click on empty space from that folder and select "Open command window here") ...then typing command "fastboot devices" ..see if the output has detect your phone serial number.. if so...then continued typing "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then "fastboot reboot-bootloader" done..now you can tested it go to your 4ext recovery..and now you can enabled it "SmartFlash" from tools option before you installing any custom rom from 4ext recovery...

2. second way...if you don't want change you cwm recovery..you can fix your booting stuck by just flashing a boot.img extracted from the rom.zip itself with manual flashing from fastboot..
to do that...firstly just copied rom.zip that you wanna installing to another folder..then extracting / unzipping that file...then copied boot.img to your adb / sdk (same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe) folder..then after you've already installing that custom rom from cwm..you must reboot your phone to bootloader again (don't booting the rom first), then select FASTBOOT from there..then plug your phone to pc until indicator in your phone has FASTBOOT-USB..then open cmd from your adb / sdk folder..then typing command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then "fastboot reboot" done...now you can see that the phone can booting of the rom normally or not..

hope this help..

Last edited:
Reactions: C-4Nati and jmcclue

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
you are already unlocked your bootloader..so you don't need get identifier token again to unlock your bootloader..

1. first way..like what rzr86 and jmcclue said above..because you're still s-on but already had unlocked bootloader..they've suggest you to installing 4ext recovery for the next future you can easily installing of custom rom...because 4ext recovery is already option "SmartFlash" that fuction can installing custom rom with automatically supported also installing a boot.img from the rom itself under s-on devices like yours..
to installing that 4ext recovery...you can download recovery.zip from here.., then extracted that recovery.zip file to get recovery.img file...then copied recovery.img file to your sdk / adb folder (that are a same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe), after that...you can boot your phone to bootloader mode..then select "FASTBOOT" from there, then plug your phone to pc..until indicator in the phone has "FASTBOOT-USB", after that you can open cmd from your adb folder (just press and hold shift + right click on empty space from that folder and select "Open command window here") ...then typing command "fastboot devices" ..see if the output has detect your phone serial number.. if so...then continued typing "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then "fastboot reboot-bootloader" done..now you can tested it go to your 4ext recovery..and now you can enabled it "SmartFlash" from tools option before you installing any custom rom from 4ext recovery...

2. second way...if you don't want change you cwm recovery..you can fix your booting stuck by just flashing a boot.img extracted from the rom.zip itself with manual flashing from fastboot..
to do that...firstly just copied rom.zip that you wanna installing to another folder..then extracting / unzipping that file...then copied boot.img to your adb / sdk (same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe) folder..then after you've already installing that custom rom from cwm..you must reboot your phone to bootloader again (don't booting the rom first), then select FASTBOOT from there..then plug your phone to pc until indicator in your phone has FASTBOOT-USB..then open cmd from your adb / sdk folder..then typing command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then "fastboot reboot" done...now you can see that the phone can booting of the rom normally or not..

hope this help..

Hey, I really really appreciate you trying to help. Both those directions are clear and I know I could easily do either but the only problem is for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the phone and when in fastboot mode it never says fastboot-usb and cmd always says waiting on device. I know usb debugging is enabled but I'm on an aosp rom so I didn't have the option to uncheck fastboot under power, is that the problem maybe? I have android SDK installed and the app "htc sync" so I'm not sure why it doesn't recognize the phone.

edit -it did end up saying "fastboot usb" but in cmd it still said waiting on device and when I typed fastboot devices no serial number came up.

Last edited:

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Hey, I really really appreciate you trying to help. Both those directions are clear and I know I could easily do either but the only problem is for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the phone and when in fastboot mode it never says fastboot-usb and cmd always says waiting on device. I know usb debugging is enabled but I'm on an aosp rom so I didn't have the option to uncheck fastboot under power, is that the problem maybe? I have android SDK installed and the app "htc sync" so I'm not sure why it doesn't recognize the phone.

what OS you have on your computer?

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
Let me edit my previous post, as in the bootloader it did end up saying "fastboot usb" but in cmd it still said waiting on device and when I typed fastboot devices no serial number came up. I have windows 8.1

Could this have something to do with it? For some reason the device is recognized if I go into device and printers but it's not listed under the "this PC" area like all my other devices go to. It also wont let me browse the phones internal storage for some reason. http://i.imgur.com/FnhjwYa.png

edit - this is what it says while I'm in fastboot mode and plug the phone in.

Last edited:

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Could this have something to do with it? For some reason the device is recognized if I go into device and printers but it's not listed under the "this PC" area like all my other devices go to. It also wont let me browse the phones internal storage for some reason. http://i.imgur.com/FnhjwYa.png

edit - this is what it says while I'm in fastboot mode and plug the phone in.

i lot of people have problems with fasboot and win 8.1 i don't know does have solution, but try with win 7 if you have another computer :)

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
i lot of people have problems with fasboot and win 8.1 i don't know does have solution, but try with win 7 if you have another computer :)

I used my windows 7 pc and everything worked. You guys are all AWESOME! and I appreciate all the help. Now I'm having problems with getting signal lol -.- I purchased an unlock code from a website and when I put my t mobile sim it and the phone boots it says enter code and I do and it says network unlock successful but I won't get signal at all. I've rebooted and entered code again and taken sim out and put back in to no avail lol. This phone just won't be easy lol.

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
I used my windows 7 pc and everything worked. You guys are all AWESOME! and I appreciate all the help. Now I'm having problems with getting signal lol -.- I purchased an unlock code from a website and when I put my t mobile sim it and the phone boots it says enter code and I do and it says network unlock successful but I won't get signal at all. I've rebooted and entered code again and taken sim out and put back in to no avail lol. This phone just won't be easy lol.

dial *#*#4636#*#* than go to phone information and set the network to WCDMA prefered see if it work

C-4Nati

Jun 28, 2010
Cincinnati
dial *#*#4636#*#* than go to phone information and set the network to WCDMA prefered see if it work

I did that an it didn't do anything. This is originally a T-Mobile phone but a local company called Cincinnati Bell (which is also a GSM/sim card using company) buys units to resell and locks them on their service. I have T-Mobile and paid for the unlock code so I could use T-Mobile on it but so far it's not working (though it says network unlock successful).

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
I did that an it didn't do anything. This is originally a T-Mobile phone but a local company called Cincinnati Bell (which is also a GSM/sim card using company) buys units to resell and locks them on their service. I have T-Mobile and paid for the unlock code so I could use T-Mobile on it but so far it's not working (though it says network unlock successful).
?
I don't know what to tell you... :/ do you have another sim card from other carrier just to see everything work's okey?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hope this help..

if you are on S-ON flash 4ext recovery
    format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
    enable smartflash from 4ext
    flash the rom
    done
    @C-4Nati also..if your bootloader is still s-on state (and stil using cwm recovery)..did you already flashing a boot.img from the rom that you had already installed..?
    if not yet..you can try flashing it through fastboot.. "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    No he didn't flash a boot.IMG and its s on. No idea to do what you said :/ any guides you could link to

If we know ur bootloader details then would make things easier, (turn off phone then press volume down + power) anyway, both these links will get u to where u want to be :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1864053

Or here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861

Also as @rzr86 said, flash latest 4ext recovery (added below)

ok, have u fastboot setup on ur pc?