[ROM][JB] - Stock Root De-Odex - I535VRBLI5 (vzw leak)

Search This thread

The5Venomz

May 4, 2009
Anyway to get a mirror? It's downloading slow as hell and I tried to get it several times last night and it kept failing. This is the only de-odex'ed rom so far, correct? Thanks for everything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

alexcolodner

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn
Anyway to get a mirror? It's downloading slow as hell and I tried to get it several times last night and it kept failing. This is the only de-odex'ed rom so far, correct? Thanks for everything

There are 4 mirrors on the side of the download page. Other than that, you could ask somebody else to provide a mirror but this is the only server I have to post on.

Reactions: The5Venomz

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
I'm encountering a problem.

Currently on the HD ROM, rooted, unlocked, CWM installed.
When installing the zip file for this I5 odex ROM, or the JellyWiz RLS11, all I get afterwards is the "Samsung Galaxy S III" start up screen for about 30 seconds, then phone restarts. I've tried flashing several times, and doing the wipe data, cache, etc, but problem keeps happening.
Not sure what else to try. I ended up having to CWM Restore back to my last HE backup.

ms262c

Jan 29, 2010
I'm encountering a problem.

Currently on the HD ROM, rooted, unlocked, CWM installed.
When installing the zip file for this I5 odex ROM, or the JellyWiz RLS11, all I get afterwards is the "Samsung Galaxy S III" start up screen for about 30 seconds, then phone restarts. I've tried flashing several times, and doing the wipe data, cache, etc, but problem keeps happening.
Not sure what else to try. I ended up having to CWM Restore back to my last HE backup.

Are you fixing permissions? Try that. Also format your system, cache and data from the mounts and storage menu. This will keep the data stored on your faux SD card (internal) but its what I always do.

rebdogg

Mar 25, 2011
boston
Will the NFC mod be able to be flashed with this? I'm currently running stock ICS, rooted and unlocked with the NFC mod so I can use it with the screen off and don't want to lose it. That's one of the things I use every day that's not worth losing but I'm so pumped about JB that I can't wait to flash.

FAUguy

Mar 1, 2011
South FL
Are you fixing permissions? Try that. Also format your system, cache and data from the mounts and storage menu. This will keep the data stored on your faux SD card (internal) but its what I always do.

I haven't tried the "mounts and storage" menu.
All I've been doing was the standard wipe data, wipe cache and dalvik, install zip, fix permissions.
Both with this I5 odex ROM and the JellyWiz RLS11, all it gets to is the "Samsung Galaxy S III" start up screen and hangs there.

HHF2

Dec 21, 2010
Chadbourn, NC
I haven't tried the "mounts and storage" menu.
All I've been doing was the standard wipe data, wipe cache and dalvik, install zip, fix permissions.
Both with this I5 odex ROM and the JellyWiz RLS11, all it gets to is the "Samsung Galaxy S III" start up screen and hangs there.

Mine did the same thing. I factory reset and wiped everything 3x and reflashed ROM. Everything is working great now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

hoola20055

Jan 31, 2009
Hi Foxfi doesn't seem to be working for me. It gives an error. It somewhere a fix?

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Westfield, IN
So I stayed on it through last night to check it more...
Media drain is there... Comes on and off but its there... Compared to LHE, battery drains way faster...
That and Wallet made me go back to rooted LHE...

jwyder

Jan 31, 2007
The first flash for me I had issues with gmail and play store hanging. I also noticed that after flashing my radio was still on HE. Looking around I found these 2 files for radio and RPM

Here is the process I used:

Reboot into recovery
Flash RPM
Flash Radio
Reboot system
Verify radio is VRBLI5
Reboot into recovery
wipe data/factory reset
format System (under mounts and storage)
Install zip
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik
Reboot system

Afterwards I had no issues and no media drain (though I didi not experience this before)

Hope this helps

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
Hey everyone i mentioned this before. Just wanted to bring it up again since some are asking. Mega bass beats nod works great on the newest jb leak im on rls 11. Just uninstall DSP manager and use a different eq i user equalizer from the Market. It sounds fantastic and is better than acid in my opinion.

Mega bass beasts: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1873121

Equalizer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

foocankill

Sep 21, 2006
Apologies if this has been asked. But how do I fix the usb connection bug? I understand it's a kernel fix but where do I get it? I would flash synergy or jellywiz to get the fix but I want stock.

Also for the record, when I flashed this I used latest cwm and had bootloader already unlocked as this is required even tho this is semi official. Then I:

1. (This zip will NOT install new radio) install radio THEN the RPM. Recognized dev said it had to be done this way, forgot who.
2. Made sure these were all mounted, then formatted system, data, and sdcard, as well as clearing cache and dalvik. (don't clear ext sd obv as that is your micro sd containing the zips)
3. Install rom
4. Clear cache and dalvik once more (this one fixes tons of problems you may have as the zip may flash some info off the phone it was dumped from and you don't want any of that info)
5. Fix permissions (not sure if this is required but does not hurt)
6. IF restoring backups from titanium or my backup pro RESTART.

This is all required minus clearing data and sdcard partitions and number 5 may not be required. This is not just me being cautious.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked first!! Radio then rpm!!

Last edited:

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
Apologies if this has been asked. But how do I fix the usb connection bug? I understand it's a kernel fix but where do I get it? I would flash synergy or jellywiz to get the fix but I want stock.

Also for the record, when I flashed this I used latest cwm and had bootloader already unlocked as this is required even tho this is semi official. Then I:

1. (This zip will NOT install new radio) install radio THEN the RPM. Recognized dev said it had to be done this way, forgot who.
2. Made sure these were all mounted, then formatted system, data, and sdcard, as well as clearing cache and dalvik. (don't clear ext sd obv as that is your micro sd containing the zips)
3. Install rom
4. Clear cache and dalvik once more (this one fixes tons of problems you may have as the zip may flash some info off the phone it was dumped from and you don't want any of that info)
5. Fix permissions (not sure if this is required but does not hurt)
6. IF restoring backups from titanium or my backup pro RESTART.

This is all required minus clearing data and sdcard partitions and number 5 may not be required. This is not just me being cautious.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked first!! Radio then rpm!!

No USB big just have to switch it on manually when we plugged in PJ ull down notification bar you select mtp.

Reactions: foocankill

foocankill

Sep 21, 2006
No USB big just have to switch it on manually when we plugged in PJ ull down notification bar you select mtp.

My computer doesn't even detect my phone it just charges it. Also the pull down doesn't show up either but I do know what you are talking about.

It's probably windows 8.

Stock deodexed TW 4.1.1 leak, VRLBI5 radio and RPM, stock kernel

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
My computer doesn't even detect my phone it just charges it. Also the pull down doesn't show up either but I do know what you are talking about.

It's probably windows 8.

Stock deodexed TW 4.1.1 leak, VRLBI5 radio and RPM, stock kernel

Sound like Windows 8 to me. I use xp Sorry last post was not typed very well. what i was saying was when you connect your phone pull down the notification bar you'll see USB symbol tap it and then check mtp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a De-odexed version of the new JB leak for the vzw sgs3!
    I figured a de-odexed version was needed so we could get some good mods and themes up in here!

I535VRBLI5:
    De-odexed
    Completely Stock (other than below)
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Unsecured boot.img
    Init.d support
    Nothing else has been touched!

2dl1835.jpg

How to Install:
    Must be rooted and have custom recovery
    Must have unlocked bootloader

Place zip on phone/sd storage
    Boot into recovery
    Make a Nandroid Backup!
    Factory Reset
    Wipe System
    Install zip
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Reboot
    Brag

I have updated the link with a rebuilt version.
    DOWNLOAD: I535VRBLI5_Stock_Rooted_DeOdexed_VZW_rebuilt.zip

I have also rebuilt a version that is exactly the same as the one above but is odexed. Download here.

Credit goes to Jucytec for giving us the leak
    Thanks to Incubus26jc and everyone who helped get this thing working last night! Also, thanks to Verizon... NOT

For any devs that want the original unedited leak files, I have uploaded a mirror of these files that I got from scrosler: http://goo.gl/gIKBQ
    ^^^These are not rooted and cannot be flashed in ODIN or recovery. Only download if you know what they are for please.
    Now all we need is people to stop saying "now all we need".

No problem. Its a happy day for us i535 owners!
    Here's my Status Bar Mod thread. I know no one likes that stock battery and the off color clock and status bar so check it out. :)

Link is at the bottom of the 1st post.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1935681
    Thanks for the de-odex version. 4*5 launcher and note 2 gallery from Inc's jelly wiz thread are both working fyi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Great! I like the 4x5 launcher much better than stock.

I am rebuilding this from the source and will be re-uploading this. Only real difference is it will be zipaligned and have the boot sounds.